Royal Blogger

Here are some extra photos.

PPE

PPE Agency

Old 10-21-2016, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia of Spain vamps it up at a concert | Daily Mail Online

I think Leonor will attend at least when she's 14. During the ceremony she could sit with her grandmother in the balcony.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess of Asturias or not, Leonor is a child. Her main duty is school right now. Plenty of time for her to attend when she is eighteen. Yes it would be nice to see her more, but at age and time appropriate, like not an evening concert on a school night.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

She needs to do events well before the age of 18, age approriate of course (not saying that the PoA events are age approriate). In comparison Christian, Amalia, Elisabeth or Ingrid Alexandra (all around same age as Leonor) almost regulary join their parents for age appropriate events. You can't pull an 18 year old out of the hat at the time that the public so far has only seen at Mallorca photoshoots (Easter and Summer), National Day and on the christmas card.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Some photos from this mornings audiences

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...0-2016%20Spain
Old 10-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Video from her arrival:
RTPA. Doña Sofía llega a Oviedo para asistir a la entrega de los Premios Princesa

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 10-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Majesty

F & L received today the awardees of the 'fin de carrera' awards of university of oviedo. the event was not without controversy, as some awardees refused to attend, complaining about the 'image-washing of the political class, the oligarchy and an anachronic and corrupt monarchy'.

Protestas contra la Fundación Princesa de Asturias: "Dejen de robar" - 20minutos.es
Tres premios fin de carrera se niegan a dar la mano a los reyes en los Premios Princesa de Asturias
Old 10-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great to see the presence of Queen Sofia!

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editoria...520%2520Oviedo
Old 10-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Aw, it won't work for me this year. oh well.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She needs to do events well before the age of 18, age approriate of course (not saying that the PoA events are age approriate). In comparison Christian, Amalia, Elisabeth or Ingrid Alexandra (all around same age as Leonor) almost regulary join their parents for age appropriate events. You can't pull an 18 year old out of the hat at the time that the public so far has only seen at Mallorca photoshoots (Easter and Summer), National Day and on the christmas card.
As I said, yes she needs to be out more. But as I also said, I don't think it's only age appropriate but time appropriate. Heir or not, she is a student and priority should be placed on her education. I guess that is why I a, happy we font see school age royal children on tours often. Even a future monarch and their siblings should be focussed on school now. When they are eighteen or at least an older teen, attending late evening events will be more appropriate and would be a ti,e commitment like many tend withnan after school job.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
We've seen her at a couple of things, I think (I can only picture the year Spain won the World Cup, I think), but how often does Spain do age appropriate events? I don't follow Spain as closely as I follow Denmark or Sweden, but they seem to either purposely set things up or seeing that something could be kid friendly, they bring the kids. Even Will & Kate have brought George & Charlotte to several things so far. But either Felipe & Letizia really want to shelter Leonor or they just aren't getting the opportunities. And then that begs the question of if its their fault or their handler's fault.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Felipe with Queens Letizia and Sofia this evening.

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 10-21-2016, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Núria Espert speech has been incredible, I wish we could get an English subbing because it has been from another world, tbh.

She played a monologue from Garcia Lorca's Doña Rosita la Soltera (in Spanish) and also a short part from Shakespeare's King Lear in Catalan, soooo moving:
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/p...spert/3766558/

It has been so good that she's TT on Twitter Spain now

Old 10-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Princess of Asturias Awards 2016

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Ceremonia de entrega de los Premios Princesa de Asturias 2016

Old 10-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Speech of the 2016 Ceremony

2016 - Speeches - HM the King - The Princess of Asturias Foundation
Old 10-22-2016, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah, well... only Letizia wore the dress months ago

I love this picture: http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...e4HW3tl9Nx.jpg

Tags
asturias awards 2015, king felipe, king felipe and queen letizia, queen letizia, the princess of asturias awards 2015