The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2019, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I noticed that too! Did Princess Lenore say in her first speech that her mother, the Queen is from Asturias and therefore she considers herself also an Asturiana?
She did because Queen Letizia was really born in Oviedo, Asturias. The Princess said this in verbatim:

'Asturias es la tierra de mi made, la Reina. Yo llevo sangre asturiana.'
'Asturias is the land of my mother, The Queen. Asturian blood runs through my veins.'

Old 10-21-2019, 01:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
She did because Queen Letizia was really born in Oviedo, Asturias. The Princess said this in verbatim:

'Asturias es la tierra de mi made, la Reina. Yo llevo sangre asturiana.'
'Asturias is the land of my mother, The Queen. Asturian blood runs through my veins.'
Thanks theroyalfly (and fellow Aussie!). I am of Italian origins, so I heard "anche", which means "also", instead of "sangre", or sangue in Italian.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I noticed that too! Did Princess Lenore say in her first speech that her mother, the Queen is from Asturias and therefore she considers herself also an Asturiana?
letizia is indeed from asturias, and her family still lives in asturias (in oviedo and its surroundings) for the most part.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

It would be easy to be proud of having Asturian roots and I'm glad she mentioned it. It's my absolute favorite part of Spain, from Covadonga to secret nooks like Cadavedo and Buelna, cutest towns like Cudillero and Lastres... What a dreamy part of Spain it is.

Is it too much to hope that one day we see Leonor and Sofia "escanciando la sidra?"
Old 10-21-2019, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Visit to Asiegu

Leonor's speech

Felipe's speech

Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so proud of Leonor. She did so well. I bet she was extremely nervous, but it will become an important memory that she will cherish on her heart forever.

The first speech was more formal, and she clearly practiced more for it. She was very natural at it, and I loved that she mentioned Queen Sofia and her asturian blood. I think it should be mentioned that her speeches were done with eye to the public, she looked to the audience while she read the lines, which is very important. Very well done.

The second speech was more relaxed and not so rehearsed. Loved it too!

What a delight we're having this year with the young royals. First, was Princess Ingrid Alexandra and her confirmation (loved her speech as well), now Leonor, and this week it will be Elisabeth of Belgium with her 18th birthday celebrations!!! For me it's so lovely to see them grow and become fine adults (it's a pity that Amalia is still the only heir without much visibility nor public appearances unlike the other young royals).

But, for me, Leonor will always have a special place of my heart. I still remember well today when I saw direct live on TV when her parents came out of the clinic when she was born and they presented her to the media. Ahhh, thinking about it, really brings me a lot of tears on my eyes.

Btw, do we know if Leonor will be at the Princess of Girona awards?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary Beard's chronicle on the Awards Ceremony. She attended as guest since she was awarded the Social Science Award on 2016:
https://www.the-tls.co.uk/the-prince...mpression=true
Old 10-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've always liked Mary Beard's documentaries, so fun to hear that she was at the awards too.

Leonor must have done well if she made even republicans admire her!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
asturias awards 2015, king felipe, king felipe and queen letizia, queen letizia, the princess of asturias awards 2015