Princess Letizia Named "Honorary Citizen" of Ribadsella: December 5, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the coat Letizia wears today. The sweater underneath is nice too. I don't like the slim pants though. Letizia looks so much better in wide-legged pants because her legs are a bit too skinny. I like her hair and especially the soft makeup today. She looks radiant and lovely. It's a nice home-coming for her. Her voice is very very nice. No wonder she could climb so fast in TV journalism. It's very soothing on the ears, unlike some of the Spanish anchors here in US.

Letizia's paternal grandfather died a year or so ago. Do you mean her maternal grandfather?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why she was given this honor? Has she done anything for this city? The speech only tells you that she was there most summers and her grandmother lives there, but is this sufficient for someone to be given such an honor? I think I am missing the point. I loved her speech--until she had to say "the prince..." I was actually moved by the speech until she had to let everyone know about "the prince." I know it is the protocol, but I still don't like it. She looked beautiful today though. I loved her hair--the coat was a little too big, but she looked great!!

chuchu said:
I just read that Letizia's paternal grandfather died today. Is this true?
Nope, her paternal grandfather died almost 3 years ago.

Lovely event, its nice to see Felipe watch Letizia sometimes do things on her own. Liked the pictures of the couple with the children and shacking hands with the locals. Letizia looked lovely & lovely hair for the event. Thank you for the pictures

Photos:
MediumPhoto
This was a lovely event, Letizia was full of joy and happiness. It was great to watch them with the children. The bond between Letizia and Felipe is very special.

Does anyone know why she was given this honor? Has she done anything for this city? The speech only tells you that she was there most summers and her grandmother lives there, but is this sufficient for someone to be given such an honor? I think I am missing the point.

first, she is princess of Asturias, very important and popular person, and in addition you can read the Mayor's speech:

"También intervino en este acto para glosar la figura de doña Letizia el alcalde de la villa, Ramón Canal, quien recordó los tiempos en que la Letizia periodista «encontraba refugio en la serena tranquilidad de la casa de su abuela desconectando de la acelerada vida de la capital de España». El primer edil aprovechó para agradecer a doña Letizia que en aquellos años siempre colaboraba «en los distintos eventos que organizábamos llevando el nombre de Ribadesella allí por donde iba». Y recordó con «especial entusiasmo el sentido pregón de las fiestas de 1999, o vuestra participación como invitada de honor en otros actos organizados por este Ayuntamiento»."

I think if you have links with a city and you are popular, is usual that this city give you that honour. Letizia will be Spain's Queen, women can be more important in a country? (except the Queen) I don't think so.

she looked great and the speech sounds extremely warm! quite similar to the oviedo one, but much sweeter. i think it's great she finally inagurated the promenade also.

are there any videos of the speech? the 20 minutos one seems to cut when she speaks!

I forgot to mention that I loved all the traditional costumes the children wore. They looked lovely. Whenever Leonor and Sofia visit Asturia, I hope they will wear those costumes too, to show their roots in the area. I'm sure that will please all the people in Asturia.

It's obvious the locals are just proud that a local girl has become the Princess of Asturia and will be the queen of Spain one day. What more reason does it need to honor her as the favorite daughter of the town? :rolleyes:

Letizia was beautiful and extremely happy and Felipe was very proud. They are a couple with exceptional connection in everything, her looks are unforgettable.

Letizia was beautiful and extremely happy and Felipe was very proud. They are a couple with exceptional connection in everything, her looks are unforgettable.

i agree with you
Doña Letizia «estuvo feliz»
"They were so glad that they were one more hour in its stay. Neither it disguised its joy. Doña Letizia was happy and Don Felipe was like in house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom