Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adelaide said:
What's the matter if it's an "accident" because they want babies:flowers: For my part I should so sympathetic if this pregnancy would be a true moment of passion because the have the right tobe some time free of all constraint. Do you know the nights in the Spain gardens in summer? ....No comment.....:wub:

And as they said most of you now or in some days/months, actually whatis the problem ?

Oh no, do not get me wrong, there's no problem with it :) It is just that people might misunderstood the meaning of accident.

Last edited:
Guess I'm a little late here, but congratulations to Prince Felipe and Letizia. I guess they had a very happy summer vacation.;)

congrats!! we're having another baby!! May can't come any faster.. and what a wonderful anniversary gift :)

Is it ok to announce the pregnancy so early on? I think that it is maybe safer to wait until at least 3 months has passed.

Is it ok to announce the pregnancy so early on? I think that it is maybe safer to wait until at least 3 months has passed.

The reason why it was announced early was because the Princess needed to cancel some of her engagments because she was not feeling well (The State Dinner for example)

This is the same reason that Princess Mette-Marit third pregnancy was announced very early as well.

PrincessofEurope said:

May be it's not so early that they had announced and the had given this date to preserve such tranquility for the Princess. Maxime did it for her second baby and may be for the third.

The pressure of the press is so terrific:bang: that, for me, it's correct that they are doing like that, aren't?

I can't recall princess canceled her activities when she was 2months pregnant with leonor or did she?
It's strange with this baby.does she finish second month of her pregnancy or not?

aryo said:
I can't recall princess canceled her activities when she was 2months pregnant with leonor or did she?
It's strange with this baby.does she finish second month of her pregnancy or not?

Actually nobody knows with precision except the Princes themselves:wub:

Some people are going to think that the due date of the pregnancy had been fixed in may instead of april to avoid the too hign pressure of the Press and to give to Letizia more space to breathe... I don't know if it is true but it's not totally absurd to think that.

For the earlier announce, look at Maxima who did the same thing for the second and the third babies; Mett Marit did also exactly the same thing annoncing her pregnancy at one month and a half.;)

aryo said:

Every pregnancy is different. Letizia is in the second month.
In Leonor's pregnancy, the weeks before the advertisement the Princes reduced their activity, they did not have so many acts, and probably because of it, it passed more unnoticed . They announced it a bit before coming to the third month of pregnancy because they had the visit to the Baleares Islands.

Last week the Princess came to several acts and travelled to different sites without problems. Nevertheless, this week she feels worse. Normally these first months, and especially the third is the worst, for the topic of the nauseas that are the problem that has Letizia, the same problem that had with Leonor. With Leonor, though she did not have important problems during the pregnancy, she had a very troublesome pregnancy because the nauseas provoked her some gastric problems.

Also it is important that she rests and relaxes, because the news has been a surprise, the press alters very much, the yellow press looks for gossips, the serious press speaks about the topic of the Constitution, there are great more people in the acts to those who come... Better than she relax and be a bit removed from everything to return when everything is calmer.

The rumours of anorexia were quite escalated this time around and if those stories were getting back to Letizia I'm sure that they could've caused her some unnecessary stress in her condition. And if she's having a particuarly rough pregnancy, then it was more fuel to an unnecessary fire.

While I'm sure that announcing the pregnancy so early was not something desired by the royal court who may have wanted until to wait until at least the first trimester had passed, I'm sure they announced the pregnancy early for the mental wellness of Letizia and I applaud them for looking out for her and protecting her in this way.

The best part for me about this early pregnancy has been that all those publications that were writing about Letizia's anorexia or alarming weight loss have not got major egg on their faces. That is an oddly satisfying feeling for me!

I believe that this reasoning, done also by the yellow press, is not correct. The same rumors there was again and the advertisement did not go forward because of it.

These rumors in Spain were stronger on Friday and Saturday for several yellow programs of television. If they wanted to cut them they had announced it on Sunday. For a simple reason, on Monday the President of Portugal was coming to Spain, I do not believe that to the Royal House, has liked to do one announce in way of the visit of a Chief of State, because to do this is considered to be a lack of education. When you have a guest, the guest has to be the protagonist.

If Letizia had not felt badl, the Royal House would never have announced anything with a Chief of State of visit in Spain. But they had to announce it, because but it had been impossible to justify the absence of the Princess in a dinner to which the whole Royal Family was coming included als sisters of the King who never represent. In several press releases, one emphasized that Letizia had explained to the president Cavado her situation, which was coming to the receipt to be grateful for the comprehension to her ... even in the visit to Asturias he was the president Cavaco the one that was encouraging the Prince to greet the people who was congratulating him, because the Prince was kept on the second plane trying not to do shade to his guest.

Once more time, I agree totally with you dear Lula. It's an obvious question of good sens. Your explanations about the protagnism of the portuguese President are particulary relevant.

I ddn't noticed very well this fact, but in thaughting about that i'm sure that The portugueses President, informed on the Princees's pregnancy by Letizia herself was not schoked by her absence at the dinner gala.

At the contrary, i think that he had allowed a good opportunity for the announcement. For me, it's very clear!

Last edited:
I appreciate your posts Lula, they are always balanced and very insightful.:flowers:

Spain should get into the 21st Century

I think that Eleanor should be the Queen of Spain like the Crown Princess of Sweden Victoria. I know that they are scared to do it, but I think they should get the ball rolling now instead of having a situation like Victoria and Prince Carl-Philip where they constitution changed while their father was a reigning King. You can't wait until they are a teens to do it either. It has to start now. I mean the official process and not just the dialogue. It's very complicated and will take awhile.

Congrats,I am happy that the little Leonor will have a little brother or sister,and it's nice to know that Letizia is not suffering from any eating disorder,as it's clear that her weight loss is due to pregnancy's sickness which causes lack of appetit for some women,and seems Leti is one of them.

I read on a portuguese magazin an articule dedicated to Letizia's pregnancy in which among other things a doctor, an ginecologist, said that she should have more 18 kg. to avoid future problems with the pregnancy.
I hope you understand what i wrotte. Thanks.

antonieta said:
I read on a portuguese magazin an articule dedicated to Letizia's pregnancy in which among other things a doctor, an ginecologist, said that she should have more 18 kg. to avoid future problems with the pregnancy.
I hope you understand what i wrotte. Thanks.

Whart a stupid remark for a doctor who is not these of the Princess.:mad: I never can understand people who make general observations for a private individual. In the occurrence it's very intellectually dishonest for a Doctor to say so general obesrvations though he know nothing about the specifities of the Princess's metabolism:bang: I could do the same thing - I'm not a doctor - pretending that I allways heard something like about the good weight for a good pregnancy!!!!

Cute girl or a bouncing boy?

What do others here think Letizia will have? A boy or a girl? I think another girl. Girl Power! :lol:

Gita said:
What do others here think Letizia will have? A boy or a girl? I think another girl. Girl Power! :lol:

Lol,I think the same,she will have a girl.

Some people think, maybe from experience, when the mother get less pretty than usual when getting pregnant,so it's a girl,and when she get more beautiful,so it's a boy,I don think that in the begining of this pregnancy,and Leonor's one,no offence,just a remark Letizia is less beautiful than when she wasn't pregnant,I am talking about her face,maybe it has something to have with being pregnant of a girl :lol:

my most heart felt congratulations, princess letizia!!

I've been a bit lazy to go online lately due to the fasting month, so forgive me if I just heard about this wonderful news. It really made my day.

Congratulations to the couple and Leonor.

I wish Letizia a safe pregnancy.

I just have this feeling that both Maxima and Letizia are both going to have another girl. Which would be great becuase their children are just adorable. Congragulations to the entire Spanish Royal Family!!!:flowers:

Yes. I already said it, but when a couple has a girl they wants the boy, and when they has a boy they wants a girl..Just to make "the pair"! :D

Vanesa.

Last edited by a moderator:
The grandmother and the father of Letizia, happy by the pregnancy, in spite of the critics of the pink
Jesus Ortiz, father of Doña Letizia, confessed itself yesterday "very contented" by the future birth of the second piston rod of Princes de Asturias "because always it is the good news that comes a boy to the world", informs Moddem Press. On the possible successory conflict that he would suppose the birth of a man, Jesus Ortiz affirmed that "I do not believe that this supposes no type of controversy. I have had three daughters and I have sisters and I am enchanted with them ". The journalist reduced importance to the cancellation of some public appearances of his daughter since "she is well although with the normal annoyances of the first weeks of pregnancy". Also the grandmother of Princess de Asturias, Menchu Alvarez of the Valley, was enchanted with the pregnancy of her granddaughter, of whom says is well, although with the typical annoyances of a pregnant woman. When commenting to him that it is remaining very thin by nauseas, Menchu responded that "delgadita already it was. It is normal, the abnormal thing is that it does not happen anything ". When asking to him its preferences in case it would like that the baby was young or young, Menchu aimed not to matter to him. "he is to Me equal, that comes well that it is the important thing and nothing but". Finally, Princess de Asturias continues being carried in the magazines of the heart, one week after public became his pregnancy. The publications gather the commentaries of the own Letizia, that has assured that it is "to regulate". In a supper with journalists, sinceró and was even explained more that this pregnancy is being worse than the one than had with Leonor because "as soon as it can contain nauseas". "Week" goes further on and deepens in the controversy of this pregnancy, becoming echo of the voices more critics, than they do not see well that this gestation is carried out before the constitutional reform and that has announced so soon. Nevertheless, now it seems clear that the Real House has seen in this the most guessed right decision before the annoyances of the Princess, since this way the rumors are silenced on their thinness and speculations on nutritional upheavals or abortions are avoided.

http://213.0.95.34/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1671&pIdSeccion=10&pIdNoticia=172064&rand=1160022306235

The baby will be born in May, so the christening will surely take place in summer! Maybe it will be another garden celebration as it was in case of Irene's baptism.

Video from hola:

http://www.hola.com/videos/famosos/2006/10/06/paloma-rocasolano-habla-letizia/?hist=1

Paloma Rocasolano: “The Princess of Asturias has some bad moments”
The mother of Doña Letizia commented how she takes the pregnancy, assuring that she is well although she has some bad moments. Paloma Rocasolano added that she does not know if her daughter will be able to attend the ceremony of delivery of the Prince of Asturias Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom