Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine if they are wrong and it is a boy?
Her figure seems like she were expecting a boy than a girl.

catango said:
I think they have to be sure if they say that it is a girl, otherwise I cannot imagine them announcing it.
Besides, you cannot see what she is expecting if you look at the figure. That is just a rumor. :flowers:

catango said:

Funny, but I can't imagine they are wrong because as we know the prudence of the Prince, it seems very delicate to think that he is making a false announce....:shifty:

I have a friend that when his mom was prengant with him as soon as the doctors could tell they told his mom it was a girl and he said to me that his parents already had a name for him (well, her) Maria after his grandmother.. and when his mom finally gave birth they where all so suprised.. and didn't know how to name him.. so they just changed the "a" of Maria and named him Mario.. I don't know if it was a joke but.. just to share :lol:

It's funny! I suppose the Doctors attached to the Royal House of Spain are serious enough to be wrong, but anybody is perfect in this world! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

congratulations to the royal couple!
so happy to hear this news!!

catango said:

I guess it depends how they determined the sex - if it was DNA testing of some sort then I´m sure it was accurate. By ultrasound - then I guess there´s always a possibility of surprise. Btw, it´s just come to me - how early can you tell the sex of a child, and how soon with which methods? Does anyone know?

I believe a woman needs to be around 20 weeks pregnant in order to find out the sex of the baby.

I've heard of cases where couples where told they where having a girl and it was a boy and viceversa, so it could happen, but I think most of the time they are right.

eireann said:
I guess it depends how they determined the sex - if it was DNA testing of some sort then I´m sure it was accurate. By ultrasound - then I guess there´s always a possibility of surprise. Btw, it´s just come to me - how early can you tell the sex of a child, and how soon with which methods? Does anyone know?

If they're wrong about the baby being a girl hopefully it will not be a big deal. Which I doubt.

For some reason it seems like Letizia has been pregnant for YEARS. I can only imagine how she must feel ;)!

Yes, I know that RH must be sure about the sex of the baby for anounce it, but just the little posibility could exist, she isn't too much pregnant like her firs pregnancy, and her face doesn't show it too.

catango said:
Yes, I know that RH must be sure about the sex of the baby for anounce it, but just the little posibility could exist, she isn't too much pregnant like her firs pregnancy, and her face doesn't show it too.
Every pregnancy is different.

ldt20 said:
I believe a woman needs to be around 20 weeks pregnant in order to find out the sex of the baby.

I've heard of cases where couples where told they where having a girl and it was a boy and viceversa, so it could happen, but I think most of the time they are right.

Yeah, I thought you had to be more advanced before doing so...so, just how far gone was Letizia when they announced it? Is she not supposed to be about 5 month pregnant now??

(crawls out from under rock to post)

I usually just lurk and read the 'news' but I thought I'd jump in. With my first, we found out she was a she at 17 weeks via sonogram. My second (I'm only 10 weeks along) baby's sono is scheduled for 18 weeks. So, you can tell fairly early. If she's around 5 months, that sounds about right.

KSDiva said:
(crawls out from under rock to post)

I usually just lurk and read the 'news' but I thought I'd jump in. With my first, we found out she was a she at 17 weeks via sonogram. My second (I'm only 10 weeks along) baby's sono is scheduled for 18 weeks. So, you can tell fairly early. If she's around 5 months, that sounds about right.

I´ve just looked back through the thread and the announcement that she was expecting a girl was at the end Sept/ beginning of October...so, if the baby is due the beginning of May then she was around 2-3 months pregnant (not sure if I´m calculating correctly), but definitely less than 5 months at the time of announcement - I've never been pregnant so I don´t know if you can determine the sex so early or if she is (as some think) further along in her pregnancy than stated.

If you are doing just ultrasound to determine the gender you need some time, but if you are doing are more comlicated examination, you don't need so much time, like amniotic liqor examination (word?). With my sister, my Mom knew almost from the beginning. :flowers:

lilytornado said:
If you are doing just ultrasound to determine the gender you need some time, but if you are doing are more comlicated examination, you don't need so much time, like amniotic liqor examination (word?). With my sister, my Mom knew almost from the beginning. :flowers:

it's called Amniocentesis, or an Amniotic Fluid Test (AFT)....
it's a medical procedure in which a small amount of the amniotic fluid is extracted from the amnion around the developing fetus. The lab technicians can map out the DNA sequence of the fetus (from the amniotic fluid), therefore knowing the sex of the baby.:flowers:

If she is indeed having a girl, which apparently all signs point to, the leaking or announcement of that information is more than likely to spur succession reform. Just like the present Queen, Letizia's first two children are girls. If the next baby (should they choose to have another) is a girl, they might go ahead and grant equal primogeniture.

knowing a babys gender by ultrasound is not a 100% accurate. There have been mistakes in the past. The Dr. might think its a girl but mistakenly its a boy. But the way she is carrying, her belly shows a girl. We might get a suprise

Today in day there are different tests, for which it is possible to know if a baby is boy or girl. This is not a normal question of a normal family, is a question of State and because of it the Princes announced it, but they had not announced it. It means that they are totally sure that the baby is a girl. They had never risked causing so important political problem, for being unprudent. Same the doctor, who would finish with his professional career if he was wrong.

dazzling said:
knowing a babys gender by ultrasound is not a 100% accurate. There have been mistakes in the past. The Dr. might think its a girl but mistakenly its a boy. But the way she is carrying, her belly shows a girl. We might get a suprise

I completely agree. My parents thought my sister was a boy until my mom delivered her. They had a name picked out, clothing, toys, the whole nine yards and they had to turn around and flip everything. However the fact that the court announced the gender of the baby leads me to believe that she is in fact, having a girl. Why risk ridicule by being wrong?

When do you think she'll give birth ?

MissSaga said:
When do you think she'll give birth ?

I think at the end of April or at the beginning of May.

Last edited:
lula said:
Today in day there are different tests, for which it is possible to know if a baby is boy or girl. This is not a normal question of a normal family, is a question of State and because of it the Princes announced it, but they had not announced it. It means that they are totally sure that the baby is a girl. They had never risked causing so important political problem, for being unprudent. Same the doctor, who would finish with his professional career if he was wrong.

Yes, I agree with this - in light of the fact that they announced it so early in the pregnancy, I think they did some form of DNA testing and thus we can be sure it is a girl.

I wonder if the birth will be natural or another caesarea ..

Some women who gave birth the caesarean way first usually decide to just reopen that scar.

Im guessing she may go naturel as opposed to cesaerian because i think with Leonor there was a caeserian because of non progression of labour meaning she had wished to go natural but because of the situation had to go with a caeserian:flowers:

Mari_* said:
I wonder if the birth will be natural or another caesarea ..
There's some controversy surrounding VBACs (vaginal births after cesareans). Some doctors don't recommend them while other doctors are very supportive of it. There are a lot of factors that come into play when deciding whether to have one. One of those things is the type of scar the mother has (vertical or horizontal). You don't know from looking at the outside which kind of scar the woman has. My mother ended up having to have all c-sections because her first pregnancy was twins, and she was cut vertically on the inside, but her outside scar was horizontal.

Here's a link that talks more about having a natural delivery after a previous cesearean. There are benefits and risks either way.

Thanks a lot for the info tlg00 :)

I hope she is able to have a VBAC if that is what she wants. When I had my C-Sec I was pretty much out of it. The VBAC allows you to actually participate in the birth and is much more rewarding psychologically. At least it was for me. But I love both my children the same and some of the events of their births couldn't be avoided. The outcome we are looking for is a safe delivery resulting in a healthy mom and infant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom