Princess Letizia is Pregnant - Countdown to the birth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a great expectation! I hope everything goes well. Best wishes for Letizia and the new prince/ss

The press is hysterical. Yesterday they chased the gynaecologist for the street. Some journalists go from last week in front of the clinic. Another day a journalist commented that the Infanta Pilar had come to the doctor, and the whole press was revolutionized on having seen her there.:eek:
It of the safety it is normal, every day there is more pressure on the clinic and they have to have it controlled.

http://www.estrelladigital.es/articulo.asp?sec=esp&fech=27/10/2005&name=letizia_ingreso

International Ruber Clinic, prepared to receive in the next hours to Doña Letizia the maternity patients has been transferred to first stage to leave to half of the ground floor to disposition of the Royal Family

Ruber clinic has everything prepared in the maternity plant to receive from this same night to princess Doña Letizia, according to have confirmed sources of the clinic. Approximately half of the ground floor, reformed recently, and that counts on deprived garden of the surroundings of the own clinic, already is reserved for the real family. Although in the clinic the habitual clients continue being attended with all normality, the maternity patients have been moved in the last hours to other plants, fundamentally first, to be able to attend Doña Letizia at any time. In spite of the evident safety measures normality in the clinic is absolute except for the clear measures of control. Although all the period of the pregnancy has still not been marked, the direction has prepared all the predicted device so that the entrance is made this night late or tomorrow.
(..)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This news how many of the previous ones it remains in reserve to see that it happens, are many rumors and one does not know if the things are certain or no. Only we have left to hope morning to see if it is certain or no.:p

The latest reports in Spain say that Ruber Clinic has already moved mom-to-be patients from the level who will recieve CP Letizia and the royal family to another level. And it's all ready to recieve the CP at any moment.

Well, it seems there's a heir just on the way... :)

Elsa M. said:
Well, it seems there's a heir just on the way... :)

Do you guys think it'll happen this weekend? I'm so anxious, it seems I'm the one having the baby...:rolleyes:

Anna_R said:
Do you guys think it'll happen this weekend? I'm so anxious, it seems I'm the one having the baby...:rolleyes:

Everything seems to say that yes :D I also anxious and can't wait so see Felipe´s happy face talking with the press :rolleyes:

But if this is only romours and if the baby wait a few more days to born, the spanish reports will have a breakdown because all the waiting :p They´re completly crazy right now!

It's funny to read the speculations and all the hysteric of the press. But anywhere it's understandably, this is an unique event for all Spaniards and all others, too ;) We surely have to wait only a few days, maybe a week or 1 1/2.
The longer the baby is in the belly the better, for this reason I think she might not the baby have for the beginning of next week... But nobody can say for sure.

xicamaluca said:
Everything seems to say that yes :D I also anxious and can't wait so see Felipe´s happy face talking with the press :rolleyes:

But if this is only romours and if the baby wait a few more days to born, the spanish reports will have a breakdown because all the waiting :p They´re completly crazy right now!

The only problem is that I won't be online at all this weekend...:( (Can the baby wait until Monday???;) )

Anna_R said:
The only problem is that I won't be online at all this weekend...:( (Can the baby wait until Monday???;) )

Well, acording to the press, few days ago, the birth was programed for Oct 31, by c section :D So, who knows ;)

I don't think she will go much longer because she is so small and they probably don't want the baby to get to big if she is going to have it naturally.

Anna_R said:
Me too! We have in Poland All Saints Day on Monday and Tuesday so I will probably go somewhere with parents:( for 4 days! And do you remember this pool to vote for the baby's date of birth? I matched 1th november!:eek: Hello, little boy/girl, could you PLEASE stay a bit longer in your mummy's bumb?:D

I have the same "presence" problems....:D I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday evening!!!!
If it could be tonight...:)

The journalists also have the same problem with the bridge of All the Saints, they do not know if they will have to work or no.:D :p

From Hola: http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2005/10/27/letizia-novedades1/

We're all on the edge of our seats. Attentive to Doña Letizia's state and impacientes to rip off the calendar the number of hours left to meet the firstborn of the Princess of Asturias, that spends his last weeks or days - maybe hours, inside its mother's womb. Thus, while the capricious moment of the birth doesn't arrive, we're living in a sea of bets, voting and predictions of all kind regarding the date of birth, the gender and the name of the baby.

"Not even the doctors know it"

In the final line of the pregnancy of the Princess, the news about the arrival of the new member of the royal family and everything related to it has invaded the the media, which have given motives to the popular curiosity with a great range of versions. And, since the false alarm of the past 18th, that forced the Princess to Rúber Clinic in an emergency because of contractions, at the request of her gynecologist, doctor Recasens, to control her state by means of the monitorization procedure, has deeply set the sensation that the birth is near. Just around the corner.

According to the official version, the nature is the one on command and, although the Princess' due date is set to the middle of November, the birth could take place at any time. Thus, using his sense of humor, prince Felipe commented to the journalists during the reception offered in the Real Palace in the occasion of the National Day that the birth could be on the first week of November, or second, perhaps third and why not in the fourth. "Not even the doctors know it", the King said this past Tuesday, in a conversation with the journalists at the end of the exercise of maneuvers of the Unit of Defense of Antiaircraft artillery.

The speculations on the matter have been varied. Some rumors say that, unless nature doesn't advance the process, the birth can be induced on October 31st; others say that the Princess could be receiving intravenous medication to delay the birth. Hypothesis, the latter, that various publications have rejected, because this kind of treatment only applies to pregnancies below the 33 weeks. And, since Doña Letizia, who has gained around the ten kilos until this moment, has entered 37ª week of pregnancy and, therefore it wouldn't be possible to speak about a premature birth, because the baby already is "upon maturity". Be sooner or later, is the same. Everything is ready and prepared at this point in the Rúber clinic.

As far as the sex of the baby is concerned, although Zarzuela has insisted on the statement "the Princes didn't want to know the sex of their child until it is born", and in this case doctor Recasens is the only person who could reveal the secret, there's a general feeling that firstborn of the Princes of Asturias will be a boy. At the moment, what is clear is that, if it's a boy, it will not be called like the King: "Definitely, no. It will not be called Juan Carlos", although His Majesty insinuated afterwards that its parents will have the last word. What is to be, will be, but meanwhile to all it continues to play with our curiosity.

The press is getting set up and the policemen are out. Photos from Getty Images.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56020284.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=86968C50E256E3C6A2B4AE8D7C2656F1781CF461BB6606AD

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56020266.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=86968C50E256E3C627549FBDB38AC4C4781CF461BB6606AD

MADRID, Spain: A security guard walks by the entrance to the private clinic in Madrid where Spain's Princess Letizia will give birth to her first child, 27 October 2005. Tight security measures are in place at the clinic, whose personnel have signed a confidentiality agreement. Guards with dogs are patrolling the grounds of the clinic, some of them inside the building -- although not in operating theatres. AFP PHOTO/PHILIPPE DESMAZES (Photo credit should read PHILIPPE DESMAZES/AFP/Getty Images)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56020253.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=86968C50E256E3C6E8AFE4695520550F781CF461BB6606AD

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/56020248.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=86968C50E256E3C6D8C8C40AA285D809781CF461BB6606AD

Oh God, oh God, I'm so nervious. Btw., it's interesting who of us will start the new thread dedicated to baby's birth...:D

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Oh God, oh God, I'm so nervious. Btw., it's interesting who of us will start the new thread dedicated baby's birth...:D

Probably someone from Spain (I'm guessing lula...;) )

At the moment there are the no news nor have commented nothing on this subject in no tv informative one. It will be necessary to hope for knowing if it is certain or only a rumor more.:confused:

I am very skeptical, I have been one week listening and reading rumors, no longer I am created nothing until the Real House says that Letizia is in the Rúber

:rolleyes: ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡PATIENCE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So, is she having the baby today?

why putting all that security in the clinic if she no giving birth till mid November?

god i am so impatient to see this baby!:)

lula said:
At the moment there are the no news nor have commented nothing on this subject in no tv informative one. It will be necessary to hope for knowing if it is certain or only a rumor more.:confused: :confused: :confused:

I belive that TVE will only say something about it when it's more or less official. But, as you said, we need to wait and see :)

so this is the second TRF royal birth warchning in a short period pf time
do we got any

do we got any TRF royal birth watching first timersw here

is she in the hospital now or are they on stand by

Last edited by a moderator:
sadie said:
So, is she having the baby today?

why putting all that security in the clinic if she no giving birth till mid November?

god i am so impatient to see this baby!:)

We dont' know if will be today :p The only thing that's certain it's that security was reforced around Ruber Clinic, as pics show. Let´s what happens ;)

Josefine said:

I belive that they are on stand by, there weren't any reports about she already be in hospital, only that security was reforeced and patients were moved in teh Ruber clinic.

Josefine said:

At the moment nothing is known, this only is a rumor of a digital newspaper.
The Royal House has not said any newspaper or serious television at all and either.;)

I'm not going to sleep tonight!! This morning I wakeup at 03.40 in the morning thinking she's having contraccion.And now this article saying that they move al the patient to the first flour??? I'm going to sleep on the sofa in front of my TV:D :D with my Pc close to me.Because i don't want to miss anything.God this is no life!! I'm going nuts.So i Hope this baby is comming soon before I loose my Mind.:D

lapopdiva said:
I'm not going to sleep tonight!! This morning I wakeup at 03.40 in the morning thinking she's having contraccion.And now this article saying that they move al the patient to the first flour??? I'm going to sleep on the sofa in front of my TV:D :D with my Pc close to me.Because i don't want to miss anything.God this is no life!! I'm going nuts.So i Hope this baby is comming soon before I loose my Mind.:D
Ha ha ha:D :D :D .
Lucky you! I have to go to bed now and wake up tomorrow at 6 o'clock and go to school! And I don't even have my PC in my bedroom!

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Ha ha ha:D :D :D .
Lucky you! I have to go to bed now and wake up tomorrow at 6 o'clock and go to school! And I don't even have my PC in my bedroom!

I don't have it either.My pc is in the livingroom.So there i'm going to sleep tonight.In my bedroom i have a Tv but my husband is sleeping there, an I don't want him to know that his wife is going nuts for a baby that's not even our family :D .I'm not even spanish!! :D What am I doing here?:confused:

lapopdiva said:
I don't have it either.My pc is in the livingroom.So there i'm going to sleep tonight.In my bedroom i have a Tv but my husband is sleeping there, an I don't want him to know that his wife is going nuts for a baby that's not even our family :D .I'm not even spanish!! :D What am I doing here?:confused:

Doubtlessly you're being kept awake by a deeply ingrained female instinct that makes you liable to get nuts about royal babies in general. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom