Princess Letizia is Pregnant - Countdown to the birth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read few posts says Crown Princess would delivery the baby at Hospital than palaces or at home its her decision what wanted to delivery the baby.

when Prince Charles been born at Buckingham Palace because his mother the Princess Elizabeth they current HM QueenII have no going to the hospital for deliver of baby but i understand why HM Queen wanted to deliver of her 4 children at palaces than hospital or wanted to deliver at hospital whatever if HM Queen can deliver of baby.

if CP Letizia would can delivery the baby at hospital that fine its her decide which she would deliver of baby natural birth or c-section if her family had history of c-section past.

mostly Royals ladies can delivery the baby at hospital than palaces more privates person they wont bother the patients to see the Royals have delivery baby you know what im talking about it.

but i think Royals ladies can staying suite at hospital more private they wont bother the patients who more complete about need to have suite for privates of Royals wanted to have rooms than NOTHING! like movie star need to using suite at hospital for more private person or celebration can allowed to using the suite include the Victoria Beckham,Julia Roberts or whatever what needs for suite to more private rooms!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
I
but i think Royals ladies can staying suite at hospital more private they wont bother the patients who more complete about need to have suite for privates of Royals wanted to have rooms than NOTHING! like movie star need to using suite at hospital for more private person or celebration can allowed to using the suite include the Victoria Beckham,Julia Roberts or whatever what needs for suite to more private rooms!

Sara Boyce
Huh? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you don't mind me asking, are you really from the United States?

planetcher said:
Huh? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you don't mind me asking, are you really from the United States?

yes im from USA

Sara Boyce

planetcher said:

Okay, firstly, Sara could still be learning english.

And, secondly, I think Sara was referring to the fact that most celebrity mothers these days have separate and private suites in which to give birth to their baby, (Heidi Klum, Julia Roberts, and Britney Spears come to mind).
So, the CP's probably have these priviledges as well to give them privacy, as much as it gives other mothers-to-be their space.

I am a diplomat if nothing else! (not that I'm saying you were mean, certainly not!):).

Last edited:
In Spain it is very strange that the women give to light in house, the majority they do it in hospitals.
For Letizia and her baby is a risk unnecessary to give to light in her house, they are better in a hospital.

The Clinic Ruber is deprived, and I imagine that at the moment of choosing her was valued that there they woul bother less that in a public hospital in which there are in the habit of being more people and where all this unfolding would be a nuisance much more.
The Clinic Ruber is accustomed to these things, there the Infanta Elena gave to light and also many known women how Victoria Beckham. Many players of the Real madrid come to this clinic because there the doctor of the team works.
Therefore they are accustomed to having movement.

http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_nac85014.htm

Everything is arranged in the doors of the hospitable center to receive to the journalist great quantity that "they" "will" "be present" at the childbirth of the Princess of Asturias, who supports an act the next week

Madrid - Everything is prepared. The rumors on the imminence of the childbirth of Her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias have shot the alarms in the drafts of the mass media. Forecasts, bets, thousands of photographies and an endless number of " they have said to me that ... ", they approach a coverage without precedents for a childbirth, which will be re-transmitted "almost directly. The exception, clear, the operating room. The whole Spain and Europa's great part is dependent on the birth of which in his moment he was the most wished Inheritor of all the monarchies. In fact, means of all the corners of the Old Continent look incessantly for any small detail that they could contribute to the happy event for joy of their public.
From the House of the King the message is clear: it abates. Basically, that when it has to be, will be. " The last word has the nature ", affirms tersely a member of the House. It yes, he assures that the Princess is nice, happy and calm, being employed at her office with normality. It is more, for the next week the presence of the Princes is kept in the agenda of acts on November two in a meeting in Madrid.
This way so, patience, which already will come. But this tranquility that they transmit from the Palace of the Operetta is accompanied of the habitual forecast with which they take the things to themselves for these homes. On the verge of the Clinical Ruber Internacional, where Dona Letizia will bring to the world to her first shoot (or "retoña", that still is not known), already is installed the whole stage in order that the Press could work more comfortably and, of step, have them easier controlled, that in these moments the tension will raise to unsuspected limits.
Close to the doors of the hospitable center already it has installed a dais with several steps in order that cameras and photographers place, some of which, for-sighted, already they have reserved their space for the great day. Following the system adopted in the wedding of Don Felipa and Dona Letizia, the cámaras will place in the low steps and the editors in the Superiors. From this position they will be able it sees to enter the Clinic Ruber to everything that one that it comes to congratulate or to accompany the Princess during the childbirth.
The platform has been installed by the Town hall of Madrid of agreement by the House of the King by the aim to give " all the facilities " to the reporters who cover the event. All prepared so for the stellar moments: the arrival of the Kings, the entry of the Infantas and the visits of the relatives and, clear, of the politicians.
The zone already is controlled by equipments of the Police and of private safety, include two cars that patrol in the surroundings, and in anticipation of that civil, spontaneously, the congratulation decides to approach to be given to the royal couple, the sidewalks already are annotated by fences in order that they do not penetrate the limits marked by the safety.
Every person who between in the clinic is controlled before and the surroundings are monitored calmly by the equipments of safety. No detail can escape from the " watchmen of the childbirth ".
Besides, the total silence inside the hospitable center is respected scrupulously by all the personnel, who before have signed a document promising to support privately any question related to the persons who enter or are treated in the Clinic, specially relevant commitment in case of the birth of the first scion of the Princes of Asturias.
Already last October, eighteen, all the mass media lived their individual " training " before the childbirth. The Princess came to the Clinic at half after twelve in the night to be monitored by the gynaecologist, as measurement of precaution and to observe the condition of the baby. Three hours later, Don Felipa and Dona Letizia were leaving the center with the smiling face, calm, and asking you excuse the journalists for the hour. After assuring that everything was nice, they went out in a car led by the own Prince way of their residence. It has not returned to see the Princess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that nobody believes himself that the Princess should be going to come to this act, but it seems that the Royal House supports it to seeing if this way the press calms down a bit. I believe that the press is not going to desist so easily, however much the Royal House says to them that be calm and that warn them when the Princess enters. If they are lasting the rain, the cold and to remain without rest not that will move them of there.:confused:

Strange. I agree with lula's point, perhaps the Royal Hause just want the press to be calmer.

How can she have an official event when she was asked to rest until the birth?

Danielane said:
How can she have an official event when she was asked to rest until the birth?

It does not have very much felt. Officially Letizia is not in rest , to Asturias she was not because it was a heavy trip and had to move away from Madrid; to the act of last week because it was by night and was finishing late. But officially she continues working and doing things in her office.
I believe that they have not modified the agenda in order that the press calms down a bit, they are hysterical enough, already there are people in the clinic and every day there is a new rumor. They go weeks saying to them that they would inform them about everything what happened (like they did last week), but nonetheless the journalists and photographers are there. They are difficult of controlling.
But I believe that almost nobody thinks that really she is going to come.

Last wednesday, King Juan Carlos himself the spoke to the press about the birth, saying that was decided CP Letizia wouldn´t have any official engagement anymore, that every one knows that she will not appear in public until the birth. But some press continuous insisting in that :p

I leave you the words of the king (in spanish) and i saw a video some where, i'll try to post the link were ;) Was in the same day that he said that definitly the baby name will not be Juan Carlos.

"El miércoles 26 el Rey habló en Barcelona sobre Letizia y su futuro nieto:

¿Cómo está Doña Letizia?
Bien, pero cansada. Hemos decidido que no haga actos oficiales porque supone mucho trajín.

¿Saben ya si es niño o niña?
Ni lo sé yo ni lo saben ellos. Todos hacemos cábalas y apuestas… ¡La mía no la voy a desvelar!

¿Han decidido su nombre? ¿Le gustaría que le pusieran el suyo?
¡No! eso sí que contesto ‘no’. ¿Está todo listo para el momento del parto?
Sí. Supongo que estará todo preparado."

I made a translation from the King words:

26 Wednesday - the King spoke in Barcelona about Letizia and his future grandson:

How she is Doña Letizia? Well, but tired. We have decided that she doesn't make official acts because supposes too much inconvinience for the mother (i don´t know exactly what "trajin" means, i just guess it. Some spanish poster could say the exact mean of word :)).

They know or if she is young or young? To neither I it know nor know they to it. All we make calculations and bets... Mine I am not going it to keep awake!

They have decided its name? It would like that they put his to him? No! that I answer "No".

It´s all ready for the childbirth? Yes. I suppose that everything is prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:
all the crown princess in europe gave birth to the heir to the throne in hospitals nowadays anyways (recently...Mary....then Maxima...Mette Marit..and Mathilde)....it's always disturbing other ppl...but ...they are the crown princess of their own country...i guess no one would think that they're that troublesome..

besides..wouldn't giving birth at home for a women's first baby kinda dangerous since if god forbid...any complications with the labor....then they'll needa rush to the hosptial anyways...so why not stay there during the whole labor thingy?

I agree, the other CPs all have/had their babies at hospitals and they all probably caused just as much inconvenience to the other patients.

I was refering to the pictures of another poster which showed lots of security and barriers and so on around the clinic. Personally, this would not make me feel comfortable if I were a patient there.

When I suggest her to have the baby at home, it is not because I wish something bad to happen to her but because it will provide much more privacy to her and her family. It would probably be safer from the security point of view. I think only her gye would know whether it would be safe for her to do so.

Last edited:
Probably the topic of the safety around the Spanish Royal Family, is something difficult of understanding for someone that it does not live in Spain. In Spain the Royal Family and the high institutions of the State live with many measures of safety for many years through the fault of the terrorists of ETA. In addition, the attempt of 11M has not worsened the things with new threats for the country.

Every act of the Royal Family is in the habit of having strong measures of safety, though they are not seen in the television or in the photographies. This is more showy because the press commits an outrage against every movement.
Often these measures of safety can bother the population, but ultimately the people end up by accepting that it is something necessary. The Clinic Ruber is deprived and it does that quite they could control it better and that they cause fewer inconveniences.
The Royal Family, as any politicians or judges, or other persons in Spain have not allowed that the safety with which they meet obliged to live should determine their lives. If the King was thinking this way he was doing many years that he would not go to Majorca, for example.

How do you think that the baby will be?

If the baby looks like his parents he will be with blond hair and with a beautiful eyes.

So the baby is known to be a boy? By reading the posts everyone seems to be say "he". Did I miss something?

Layla1971 said:
So the baby is known to be a boy? By reading the posts everyone seems to be say "he". Did I miss something?

I don't think that they know. From what has been posted previously it appears that most members of the RF of Spain usually don't know the gender of their children ahead of time. From what I understand Felipe and Letizia don't know.

Layla1971 said:

It is not known if is a boy or girl, but for comfort, it is a baby ... it is a bit complicated to be with "he" or "she". In Spanish the word "bebé" is masculine , it is not the habit of using "el bebé" "la bebé", in English?

I hope that the baby will take eyes after mummy Letizia. And height after daddy Felipe.:D

lula said:
In Spanish the word "bebé" is masculine , it is not the habit of using "el bebé" "la bebé", in English?
In English, gender neutral is used when we're referring to an hypothetical person, whose sex can not be determined (like "the baby"). So, we must use the pronoun "it", instead of "he". ;)

Certainly, I have seen that every Royal House has a different way of raising the information when a baby is born. No country does it like other one.
In case of Spain it seems that we will find out about the precise moment in which the Princess joins the clinic, since the Zarzuela will warn to the mass media immediately by means of a message to mobile telephone.
When it is born the baby there will be an official communique where one is in the habit of saying the sex of the baby and the name. Later the Prince will attend to the journalists together with the doctor to comment on all the details and they will drink with champagne.
Later it will be necessary to wait to see the baby up to the exit of the clinic, depending on the weather they were putting in the exterior of the clinic or maybe in the Zarzuela. Normally the first-born one the grandparents are in the habit of putting the being also. The Royal Spanish House is not in the habit of offering images of the baby before the exit of the clinic, but I have the hope that this time they do it to the being the son of the Princes and on having had so many press waiting. But this only is a desire, they never do it.;)

There are rumor amongst the journalist in Spain that Felipe and Letizia went in a fertility center to have a boy, and that the boy will be born by c-section. Don't know if it's true, but the one who said me that said his source was usually very reliable.

Danielane said:
There are rumor amongst the journalist in Spain that Felipe and Letizia went in a fertility center to have a boy, and that the boy will be born by c-section. Don't know if it's true, but the one who said me that said his source was usually very reliable.

In Spain there are many wicked rumors. In Spain is not legal to choose the sex of a baby genetically how it is not they bequeath in many countries, so the one who says it is accusing them of a crime. The one who said it is the bastard son of Alfonso XIIII, a major, misogynous enough gentleman and that devotes himself to earn money in the programs of television telling his histories.If he says these things it is to go to a program of television.
It without telling that the treatment of fertility is practically impossible, bearing in mind that approximately when this baby was conceived itsparents were in a trip for Brazil and Uruguay with a very tight agenda .... if the people were using the intelligence and was informed better they would not believe so many people and so many absurd rumors.

There are people who says many barbarities and many of these barbarities belong to ignorant people. The question of if he is a boy or girl is a political question, and the situation is not so serious how not to be able to be solved if a girl is born, which happens is that there are a lot of interests.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who explained the gender question, I don't speak Spanish, but in French, there are feminine and masculine words, so it must be like that in Spanish too.

Layla1971 said:
Thanks to everyone who explained the gender question, I don't speak Spanish, but in French, there are feminine and masculine words, so it must be like that in Spanish too.

It's very simple: to speak of an unborn baby, spanish people say "hijo", a "general" word, who means only baby. But hijo means too "son", so man makes confusion.

Lula: I didn't say I believed these rumors.

this baby needs to hurry up...I'm dying here...the suspense is too much!!! I hope its a boy, but a girl would be awesome too!

Lyle said:
this baby needs to hurry up...I'm dying here...the suspense is too much!!! I hope its a boy, but a girl would be awesome too!
Me too! When I'm at home I turn on computer every hour to check if there is a title of the thread "Princess Letizia is in the hospital to give birth":D . I'm going mad! I'm not a member of baby's family, and even Spanish!:D

http://www.granadadigital.com/pages/amplia.php?id=4276&part=nacional

The vice-president of the International School of Protocol, Gerardo Correas, stated that the date for the baptism of the child of the Princes of Asturias will depend on questions of agenda, but that it will surely take place at the Palace of La Zarzuela and performed by the military archbishop, Monsignor Francisco Perez González and Monsignor Rouco Varela, with the attendance of the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.

As far as the name is concerned, this expert on protocol says that it will be decided by the parents, as it happens in every family, although it is true that, formerly, the names of the baby’s grandparents and predecessors used to be taken into account.

Last edited:
http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_nac85183.htm

If there wasn’t the presence of the journalists and police outside, nobody would say that Princess Letizia is about to give birth in the Ruber Clinic. When one passes the front door, tranquillity invades the reception of the hospital.

Several rooms open their windows to a small garden, crossed, once in a while, by the police. A recent mom says: "They spend the whole day like that. I don't know whether they are in the whole hospital or not, but, so far, they have not come in my room".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom