Princes of Asturias attend Portuguese Presidential Inauguration: March 9-10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First we can see that they were not so many women ( more not so many young women.....), ashtonished ! Congratulation for the young beautiful spagniard and royal team......
Secundly, we can see how the outfit of Letizia is very well cut, the dress is just at the same level than the coat in an unformal position, it's mean that it's cutted at the just good millimetre. Congratulation for the spagniard designer.

Larzen said:
Pics by S.L. Alfaqui for A.P.
I have to say I do not like her shoes, they look chunky, the coat is very elegant on her though

Hi :)!
Maybe the shoes didn't turn out good-looking on pictures, but at Lux magazine article it was commented that all women were besotted with her shoes, saying it were indeed aPrincess' shoes.

But you are right on pictures they look... diferent :eek:

Regards,
mtbcm :)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I like this pic, her face looks beautiful here. And just take a look at this journalist's face (in yellow jacket):)!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=231907&d=1142015941
On TV, that moment of her climbing the stairs was just amazing... she did it with such bearing and elegance! Well, she definitely has that "something" that stands out in the middle of the crowd!

Regarding the shoes, I know what you mean, Larzen, and I also don't like that kind of platform at the front of the shoes... but I have to say that this style is the very ultimate fashion, as far as shoe industry is concerned (very 70's like, I guess...). It's not yet in the stores, but that's what designers are creating (I believe it will be widely spread within 1/2 years:eek:... Yeah, I know, the good news is that we all will look taller by then:D)

Yeah, indeed She looks so beautiful in that pic.

The coat saves the outfit from being dull - she looks very elegant and stylish. When I see CP Letizia, I see a classy lady with looks and real brains.

Elsa M do you know if there's somewhere I can watch a video of that event on inetrnet?

Larzen said:
Pics by S.L. Alfaqui for A.P.
I have to say I do not like her shoes, they look chunky, the coat is very elegant on her though

Letizia looks impeccable as always. So professional but so stylish at the same time.

Those shoes are in high style and they can look clunky on some people, especially if they have a petite frame like Letizia. But I think Letizia pulls it off well. I wouldn't let the platforms go any thicker though.

clymène said:
Elsa M do you know if there's somewhere I can watch a video of that event on inetrnet?
I'm affraid there's no video only about them... All I have is the link of the whole newscast from that day:
http://programas.rtp.pt/RTPVIDEO/vid_janela2.php?ac=ecra&clip=/rtpfiles/jtarde/Jtarde09032006.rm&start=0:00:00&end=&tipow=2&modorv=undefined

(If the link doesn't work, try this:
http://www.rtp.pt/wportal/multimedia/video/index.php

In the menu at the right hand choose:
Noticiários - Jornal da tarde
A screen appears. At the bottom, select the date 09-03-2006)

Last edited:
Princess Letizia looks amazing in those pics. She is just glowing with happines. Thanks everyone for sending them!

I would say that the Prince and Princess of Asturias did a very stellar and impressive job in Portugal. They represented Spain to the best of their ability. And because of their charisma and appeal, they have attracted people from all walks of life.

And moreover, the Princess looked good in her attire. I love the color of her coat. But I was not really amazed with her heels. But I know she loved it.
I am looking forward to more pictures of them in royal engagements.

Still from their visit to Portugal, in "VIP" Magazine.

The cover

Legend: "The Princes of Spain on their way to the lunch offered at Palácio de Queluz, under heavy security measures"

Enjoy!​

Thanks for posting these pics mtbcm!:) Pity we can't see the whole black dress from the dinner.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Thanks for posting these pics mtbcm!:) Pity we can't see the whole black dress from the dinner.

You're welcome :)!

It is not a dress, but black pants and a very beautifull (in my opinion, of course :D ) top.

You can see a litle more from the outfit on Lux's picture

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=94qb.jpg

Regards,

mtbcm said:
You're welcome :)!

It is not a dress, but black pants and a very beautifull (in my opinion, of course :D ) top.
Yes, you're right. Anyway, she looked fantastic during this trip, very classy and ellegant:).
But...
Your Highness, where have you been when your statuesque hubby chose this awful shirt?! :eek::D

No, the shirt is not ugly, it's quiet trendy and as your are wearing all day long dark suit with pale shirt, for informal elegant dinner you can wear shirt like that, it's a new dress code " tendance" !

mtbcm said:
Still from their visit to Portugal, in "VIP" Magazine.

The cover​
Thanks for the scanned the pictures. I like this cover picture. Is there any bigger version inside the magazine ?

adelaide said:
No, the shirt is not ugly, it's quiet trendy and as your are wearing all day long dark suit with pale shirt, for informal elegant dinner you can wear shirt like that, it's a new dress code " tendance" !
The shirt is very trendy, but it looked strange on Felipe. Perhaps lots of us are not used to seeing him wearing colorful clothes. Wondering who gave him the shirt ? Maybe Jaime de Marichalar for his birthday :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
donnaK said:
Thanks for the scanned the pictures. I like this cover picture. Is there any bigger version inside the magazine ?

The shirt is very trendy, but it looked strange on Felipe. Perhaps lots of us are not used to seeing him wearing colorful clothes. Wondering who gave him the shirt ? Maybe Jaime de Marichalar for his birthday :D.

I don't think Jaime gave Felipe that shirt, he would have given the Prince an elf-styled shirt (green or red) as he like those soo much:rolleyes: :cool: :D

I like very much Letizia´s dinner clothes,pretty,professional and very elegant but I don´t like at all Felipe´s shirt was informal and too muc colourful.

crisiñaki said:
I don't think Jaime gave Felipe that shirt, he would have given the Prince an elf-styled shirt (green or red) as he like those soo much:rolleyes: :cool: :D
Oh, and that would be perfect to use in Portugal, since those are the colours of our flag.:D

donnaK said:
Thanks for the scanned the pictures. I like this cover picture. Is there any bigger version inside the magazine?
There it is (still from VIP):

Last edited:
Photos and comments at "Flash" magazine

"Letizia was seated, in a tribune, besides Almeida Santos. Pedro Santana Lopes appreciates the Princess' charm"

"Portuguese designers praised the spring tones chosen for Letizia's outfit"

"In Cavaco Silva's investidure Letizia was also the centre of attention. Photografers were delighted by Princess of Asturias' simpathy, charm and elegance"

"THE LOVE FOR LETIZIA transformed Felipe into a thoughtful and more spontaneous man"

Under the title ""Letízia and Felipe of Spain visit to Lisboa - Portuguese conquered by Princess Charm and simpathy" Caras published the following photos...

(at Caras it is mentioned that the private dinner on the 8th was at businessman Pereira Coutinho's house in Carcavelos)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom