Princes of Asturias attend Portuguese Presidential Inauguration: March 9-10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that pic of the Princes from the official website is just gorgeous. ;) that was Princess Letizia's best smile so far, IMO. and great dress as well!

her hair seems darker now, though...

Last edited:
Captions from "24 horas" Journal

Princess Letizia made the Journal cover
Title: "Letizia enchanted"

"Letizia was the star of the day"

"Prince Felipe seems to be pointing out where the Princess was seated"
"Pedro Santana Lopes (former Prime Minister) outstanded the simpathy of Prince Felipe's wife"​

Last edited:
Captions from "Lux" Magazine

the cover
"Letizia shines at a private dinner" "Everything about Princess of Asturias' first trip to Portugal "

Captions 1 and 2 - arrival

Captions 3, 4, 5 - leaving for privated dinner on day 1.

Captions 6, 7 - At the Assembly

Caption 8 - Letizia was seated in the lunch between the Presidente of European Commission, José Manuel Durão Barroso, and the portuguese Minister for Foreign Affairs, Diogo Freitas do Amaral (Prince Felipe was seated between George Bush (father) and the wife of portuguese Minister for Foreign Affairs, Maria José Freitas do Amaral.​

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Thnk you very much for scanning mtbcm, could you please translate what the headlines say on the magazines and paper

Very stylish outfit on Letizia, hope we get to see better pic of it
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88lq.jpg
absolutly not stylish shirt on Felipe
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=94qb.jpg

You're welcome. I made a rough translation for now:eek: ... I will try to improve it later...

Allthough the journal is kind of sensacionalist they haven't exagerated this time... Princess Letizia was, indeed, the star of the day. I saw some images on TV and she had litle makeup but was smilling broadly and everyone around her seemed fascinated... When I saw first pics I thought I didn't like the suit, the colour mainly, but I have to say that on TV it worked just great... flatery, elegant, sober...

mtbcm :)

O.K., this is not the right thread, but since it is about the Portuguese presidentials, I'm putting it here (so, moderators, punish me :p ).
Last night it was shown a special program about these 10 years of Sampaio as President. It was kind of a "back stage" about some of the episodes he has passed throw.
And there we were told about a dinner that took place last October in the Portuguese Embassy of Madrid. Sampaio invited King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and all the major figures of the Spanish politics for a farewell dinner (mind it was in October, in the very heat about the Catalonian Satute and it gather all the major politics... quite the improbable meeting!). So, it was very discreet and nobody knew about it in the press (nor did we notice it here).
It showed the backstages of that dinner, like preparing the tables, the arriving of the guests and their greetings to Sampaio and Maria José Ritta, the cocktail, the guests chatting and enjoying a good time, etc. Queen Sofia was elegant, as always, dressed in full black and the King was funny, as always too, joking with the other guests :D

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know about it, since nobody knew about it, until now. ;)

Thank you so much Mtbcm for those excellent pictures !!!!

L looked fabulous and very at aise !!!

Hi, I want to greet everyone on this thread. This is my first post here, but I have been visiting the Princes` forum for more than a year and I thank you all for sharing wonderful photos, comments and information about the Princes. Letizia and Felipe are my favourite royal couple, though at the beginning I wasn`t a fan of Letizia, but my attitude changed during their visit to Balearic islands - I have found how beautiful, kind and tender person Letizia is. And Leonor, my God, I have no words to describe how beautiful she is, and so quiet, her behavior during the baptism was very professional:p . I love the name Leonor (or Eleonor in Czech) for a long time and when I read that the Princes had chosen this name, I had really tears in my eyes, a very touching surprise. Can`t wait to see the little darling again.
Monika

Thank you for this photos Mtbcm,are very good. Letizia was perfect at the dinner,elegant and wonderful really was shinning.

Thankyuo for all the pictures, Letizia looks absolutely stunning, I love the beige coat, so stylish.

Thanks so much for all the pictures Letizia looks absolutely beautiful, and so confortable in the middle of all that people

Monna said:

Welcome Monna. You decided to pop up at the right time:cool: .
The Princes' agenda for the times to come is an absolute wonder for royal watchers and fans.

Enjoy :)!

Lunalu said:
Thank you so much Mtbcm for those excellent pictures !!!!

L looked fabulous and very at aise !!!

nagore said:
Thank you for this photos Mtbcm,are very good. Letizia was perfect at the dinner,elegant and wonderful really was shinning.

You're welcome :)!

She was shinning - that's the right word for her poise, yet she seemed so natural and close to everyone...

Regards,

Once more time, in this voices's voices, I add mine. I agree totaly on this judgment Letizia has something special more which make her so tremandous. We can appraciate that in this kind of manifestation, the beauty is not enough, the intelligence no more, the both not yet. I think it's great feeling of the time she seems to be alert a little beat as a bird of pray but in her case the prey it's the moment. It was because, in my opinion, she was a very good journalist.

Thank you for all the scans, mtbm... They are very lovely...

Here are some more of Felipe & Letizia in the investiture ceremony from deadline press :

on the 10th pic.. you can see tiny Letizia on the balcony..

now from the arrival from Deadline Press :

20060308 - Portugal - - Lisbonne
Arrival of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia to the airport of Lisbon, to assist to the Oficial Presentation of new President, Cavaco Silva. They spent this night at Ritz Hotel.

Many thanks dear Pedro for your excellent snapshots. The second one is very good.

A nother couple of tiny little photos, from Londonfeatures:

Attachments

• 23839500.jpg
    23839500.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 208
  • 23839501.jpg
    23839501.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 23839502.jpg
    23839502.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 206
http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=194392&idCanal=9

António Augustus (a Portuguese designer) commented on the outfits worn by all the ladies. About the Princess of Asturias, he said that she was superb, already in spring tones.

In the meanwhile, some people said on TV that it was unaceptable that the Princess brought a recycled outfit to the investiture of a President of the Republic. They are, of course, wrong. Yesterday's overcoat, although something similar to a pink one she used last year, is not the same... but then again, these people don't have the smallest clue of what they're talking about...:rolleyes:

Another little photo, from Correio da Manhã:

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 188
Letizia looks simply radiant. very beautiful pictures of her and felipe.

they have no idea the outfit it is absolutely new

Rexfeatures

Attachments

• 577697B.jpg
    577697B.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 577697D.jpg
    577697D.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 418
Princess Letizia always went or dressed for the possession taking or for food. sus suits were precious and the very elegant Prince.:D ;) :p
Letizia very elegant in Portugal.:D :) :p

fanletizia said:
Was the private dinner of Princes, yesterday, with Dukes of Braganza?
According to some Portuguese yellow press, the Princes had dinner with Felipe's friends in Carcavelos (at the costline of Lisbon).
No one seems to know who these friends were...

Elsa M. said:
According to some Portuguese yellow press, the Princes had dinner with Felipe's friends in Carcavelos (at the costline of Lisbon).
No one seems to know who these friends were...

I read, just now, something about Carcavelos. Nearby Estoril, where the Counts of Barcelona lived in exile. So there are friends of King Juan Carlos there..:confused:

fanletizia said:
I read, just now, something about Carcavelos. Nearby Estoril, where the Counts of Barcelona lived in exile. So there are friends of King Juan Carlos there..:confused:
Yes, nobody quite knows who they are, but we know, for example, that some of those Portuguese friends that live in the costline of Lisbon (Estoril, Cascais, Carcavelos, etc.) visit the royal family in Madrid and some of them attended F&L's wedding, so they probably took the opportunity to meet them... whoever they are...

Pics by S.L. Alfaqui for A.P.
I have to say I do not like her shoes, they look chunky, the coat is very elegant on her though

Attachments

• 40506059000010.jpg
    40506059000010.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 40506059000011.jpg
    40506059000011.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 261
  • 40506059000012.jpg
    40506059000012.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 293
  • 40506059000013.jpg
    40506059000013.jpg