King Felipe's Godchildren

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tina

Courtier
City
Irgendwo im Nirgendwo
Country
Germany
I read Felipe is the godfather of

MARIA de las Mercedes Fernandez y Gomez-Acebo (*17.01.2000), daughter of his cousin (?) Maria de Fatima SIMONETA Luisa Gomez-Acebo y de Borbon (*28.10.1968) & Jose Miguel Fernandez y Sastron (*14.10.1959)

and of

VICTORIA Federica de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y de Borbon (*09.09.2000), daughter of his sister Elena & Jaime de Marichalar

Has he got more godchildren?

I'm also searching for picutres of the godchildren & the christenings :D

He's also the godfather of his nephew Miguel Urdangarin y Borbon (*30/04/2002), son of is sister Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin

and i've heard that he's also the godfather of Prince Ernest of Hannover older son.

:flower: Xicamaluca

Felipe as the godfather of his neice Victoria Frederica, Infanta Elena daugther

bauvi03g.jpg

Attachments

• post_46_1060369044.jpg
    post_46_1060369044.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 564
Felipe as the godfather of his nephew Miguel, youngest son of Infanta Cristina

Attachments

• post_46_1060369223.jpg
    post_46_1060369223.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 372
  • post_46_1060369179.jpg
    post_46_1060369179.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 570
Last edited by a moderator:
great :clap:

Felipe is also the godfather of Prince Konstantine-Alexios of Greece ,(born October 29, 1998), and Princess Sofia of Bulgaria, the daughter of Prince Konstantin and Princess Maria. Sofia has a twin named Umberto.

thanks samitude :flower:

FEBRUARY 12TH or 13TH, 2000 - Christening

The Bulgarien twins: Prince Umberto and Princess Sofia (*20.11.1999)

GODPARENTS:
- Umberto: his paternal grandmother Queen Margarita of Bulgaria and Ramon Ros Bigeriego
- Sofia: her maternal grandmother Maria Gortazar Ybarra and Crown Prince Felipe of Spain

Attachments

• bulgtwins2000.jpg
    bulgtwins2000.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,244
APRIL 7TH, 2000

Maria de las Mercedes Fernandez y Gomez-Acebo (*17.01.2000)

GODPARENTS: her paternal aunt Olga Fernandez y Sastron and Crown Prince Felipe of Spain

Attachments

• Simoneta2000.jpg
    Simoneta2000.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,000
Originally posted by xicamaluca@Aug 12th, 2003 - 12:42 pm
and i've heard that he's also the godfather of Prince Ernest of Hannover older son.
the son Ernst August of Hannover?
[son: ERNST AUGUST Andreas Philipp Constantin Maximilian Rolf Stephan Ludwig Rudolph, *Hildesheim 19.7.1983]

or is Ernest of Hannover another person?

:wacko:

As a godparent what is his offical duty towards the children?

raven :p

As I am becoming a godmother in two days, there is no offical duty I think, but you´re actually supposed to "teach your godchild how to be a good christian". And of course you have to give presents to them on Christmas...;)

POLFOTO 19.04.1999 The christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios, son of Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos, at the Greek cathedral in Central London, Thursday April 15, 1999. Photo shows; from left to right, The Prince of Asurias (Crown Prince Felipe of Spain) and Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia.

I had never seen any pictures, where he had a baby in his arm

Attachments

• 19.04.1999_The_christening_of_Prince_Konstantine_Alexios__son_of_Crown_Prince_and_Princess_Pavlos__a
    33.2 KB · Views: 416
Prince Felipe is also going to be godfather of little Luis Felipe, the son of his cousin Beltrán Gomez-Acebo and Laura Ponte.

ravenprincess said:
As a godparent what is his offical duty towards the children?

raven :p

You are supposed to be responsible for the children's spiritual well-being, teach them about their faith and see to it that they practice it regularly.

Many godparents also remember special days in the lives of their godchildren such as birthdays, christmas and other holidays, marriages, graduations and so on.

When one of my close friends got married she chose to have her godfather give her away instead of her stepfather of a few years, because her godfather had been one of her late father's closest friends.

I think it is very different when your godparents are siblings of your parents or close friends of your parents. If they see you on a regular basis it is easier for them to be a significant presence in your life.

Isabel said:
You are supposed to be responsible for the children's spiritual well-being, teach them about their faith and see to it that they practice it regularly.
Another moral duty is to substitute the child's parents, in case of their death.

Elsa M. said:
Another moral duty is to substitute the child's parents, in case of their death.

That's very true. But, not many people do that these days. More conscientious people may choose a godparent or have already chosen those who they would like to be their children's guardain in event of their deaths.

samitude said:
Felipe is also the godfather of Prince Konstantine-Alexios of Greece ,(born October 29, 1998), and Princess Sofia of Bulgaria, the daughter of Prince Konstantin and Princess Maria. Sofia has a twin named Umberto.

From seegerprees

Last edited:
Tina said:
POLFOTO 19.04.1999 The christening of Prince Konstantine Alexios, son of Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos, at the Greek cathedral in Central London, Thursday April 15, 1999. Photo shows; from left to right, The Prince of Asurias (Crown Prince Felipe of Spain) and Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia.

I had never seen any pictures, where he had a baby in his arm

From seegerpress

Last edited:
xicamaluca said:

:flower: Xicamaluca

From seegerpress:

Last edited:
As it has been said to other similar threads, from now on, please remember to use a photohost account to share pictures at this thread.

Photos directly attached to the forum will be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

According to this article and wikipedia, Felipe has 11 godchildren:
http://www.revistavanityfair.es/act...el-rey-los-ahijados-de-felipe-de-borbon/20490

Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover (born 1983, son of Prince Ernest Augustus of Hanover)
Felipe López Sánchez - there was no personal connection: In 1990, the then Prince of Asturias offered to sponsor the first child born in San Esteban de Cuñaba , a small town that was becoming depopulated.
Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece (born 1998, son of Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece)
María de las Mercedes Fernández-Sastrón y Gómez-Acebo (born 17 January 2000, daughter of his cousin Simoneta Gómez-Acebo)
Princess Sofia of Bulgaria (born 1999, daughter of Prince Konstantin-Assen of Bulgaria)
Victoria Federica de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y de Borbón (born 9 December 2000, Felipe's niece through his sister, Infanta Elena)
Miguel Urdangarín y de Borbón (born 2002, Felipe's nephew through his sister, Infanta Cristina)
Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (born 2004, daughter of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway)
Luis Felipe Gómez-Acebo y Ponte (born 2005, son of his cousin Luis Beltrán Ataúlfo Alfonso Gómez-Acebo)
Prince Vincent of Denmark (born 2011, son of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark)
Princess Isabelle of Orléans (born 2012, The Duke of Anjou's daughter)

plus the one who just got married, Martina Jáudenes De Diego, makes it 12.

Last edited:
Was he present at the wedding of Ernst-August?

[...]

Princess Isabelle of Orléans (born 2012, The Duke of Anjou's daughter)

[...]

I almost choked in my coffee when I was reading this. The King of Spain being a godfather to a daughter of Luis Alfonso de Borbón ???

But then I realised it is about the child of Charles-Philippe and Diana, the "other Duke of Anjou" and the Duchess of Cadaval.

:lol:

Last edited:
Felipe VI at the christening of Prince Ernst August of Hanover, his godson, in 1983.

https://c9.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B63173565/21907409_J5EQ5.jpeg

https://c7.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B5018314a/21907410_zALSl.jpeg

In 1990, during the celebration of the first edition of the Pueblo Ejemplar de Asturias award, the then prince of Asturias forbade Felipe López Sánchez during his visit to San Esteban de Cuñaba, a small village of only 30 inhabitants of the Picos de Europa where a birth had not occurred for 20 years. The then baby was to be called Daniel, but his mother changed his name upon learning that King Juan Carlos' son had accepted the proposal to be his godfather.
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G12186933/21907415_BW7f5.jpeg

Felipe VI is also godfather to Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark, son of Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal.
https://c3.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G6c186cea/21907418_z9f90.jpeg

In 2001, Felipe he was godfather to niece, Victoria Federica de Marichalar, daughter of Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar.
https://c7.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G171781a5/21907422_SUYSK.jpeg

In 2002 he was godfather to his nephew Miguel, son of Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin.
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Gc0171a2f/21907427_HHfwb.jpeg

Last edited:
According to this Felipe is also godfather of Nicolae al Romaniei/Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills. This is posted to Facebook of Mișcarea Pentru Regat Și Coroană, which president is Marilena Rotaru, a good friend of Nicolae.
Mișcarea Pentru Regat Și Coroană Facebook

While Victoria of Sweden is "godmother of Europe" King Felipe could be seen as "godfather of Europe"!

I knew Queen Anne was his godmother but have never heard about Felipe being his godfather.

Back
Top Bottom