Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 36: June - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That purple colour really enhance her attributes!

Last edited:
I'm surprised people didn't like Letizia's top. I found it utterly gorgeous, very chic and quite flattering.

Anyhow, it's September, all the royals are back to work and there will be ample opportunity for all the self-proclaimed fashion experts to opine one way or the other about whichever princess they like to opine about... enjoy!

:D Very funny, may be the most sensitive reflexion that I can read about the protocolar fashion to wear for a princess in the execice of her princely fonctions.

It's good to see that somebody have the good distance about this topic. Thank for your remark:flowers:

I'd say it's royal blue? On some pictures, depending on the light the colour itself looks different though.
In general I like bright colours on Letizia, it suits her well. She used to wear plenty of costumes in these colours during her first & second year of marriage.

thanks agm for the video
so another family member lost to the hunting? Prince Felipe, King Juan Carlos, I saw Iñaki on a video with Felipe and I think even Infanta Elena hunts:neutral: and now Letizia:rolleyes:
That's such a barbaric hobby, I don't like it and I found it very dissapointing for royals to do that

On what said in his television performance Peñafiel there are many doubts.
Except the Queen and I believe that the Infanta Cristina they hunt all in the Royal Family. The King is the great hunter, the rest they hunt occasionally and normally small game hunting that in Spain is a practice very extended, perfectly controlled by the laws. Another thing they are some more questionable adventures of hunt of the King.

In high classes the practice of the hunt is habitual, many aristocrats and businesspeople pass their weekends in estates dedicated to the hunt, there there are many social meetings (the hunt is not only of high classes, people who lives in the mountain or the field also is in the habit of hunting) . What Peñafiel says is not by no means an innovation. Since she was girlfriend of the Prince the Princess has been adapting to the interests of the Royal Family, because of it she has learned to ski or has gone to days of hunt. Some good friends of the Prince have estates and hunt many. Because of it already two years ago, there appeared the news of which they had given two shotguns to the Princess.

Nevertheless and like they have mentioned in the same program of television and some journalists have commented, it seems that the hunt does not fill with enthusiasm the Princess very much, and that precisely because of it the Prince hunts less.

In high classes the practice of the hunt is habitual, many aristocrats and businesspeople pass their weekends in estates dedicated to the hunt, there there are many social meetings (the hunt is not only of high classes, people who lives in the mountain or the field also is in the habit of hunting) .

Yes, it's difficult to refuse to join. Same in the UK, the BRF are famous for hunting, Diana hated it but what could she do :rolleyes:. Even Madonna learned to shoot when she came over here :eek:
So it's one thing Letizia probably has to adapt to, although Queen Sofia refuses to watch bullfights, typically spanish, but cannot be compared to hunting, which is much more social. Don't say I like it but it is definitely part of the class they live in.

Spanish Royal House has denied that Letizia practices hunting, simply have given to her two exclusive guns and therefore some journalists(Jaime Peñafiel:wacko:) think that she practices hunting but it seems that has been a confusion.

The hunting is a very discutable hobby, but as everybody knows it a lot of people is practising it in every classes of the society.
Look at in France -it's not necessary a good example- we a hunting politic party for the Presidential elections.

If the Princess has to go to hunt, I think it's to "perdrices" one or as I read she is going to learn and like the "tir au pigeon" - with false animals- generally speaking today to hunt is consider yet as a sportif game if you respect the rules.

Hunting is a stupid tradition for rich people. I hate the fact that anyone does it. The danish royals, the british royals, the dutch royals, the spanish royals. I just get disappointed in these royal familie every time I hear they too practice it.

Canarias 7. Sociedad. El kiosco rosa: "Letizia, deslumbrante entre la aristocracia europea"

Letizia, overwhelming between the aristocracy european

The dress and the slopes that shone during the celebration of the forty birthday of Guillermo of Holland provoke unanimous praises of the press of the paper couché. This way, the renewal of the official activities on the part of Doña Letizia after its loss by maternity cannot more be celebrated.

Letizia, sexy y muy atractiva - 20minutos.es
Today, in the Palace of Congresses a fine sweater has shone that heightened its bust.
All the keys of its new style in FOTOGALERÍA Letizia, sexy y muy atractiva - 20minutos.es
If during the past weekend, in Holland, in the birthday of the Principe Guillermo, Letizia it caused sensation with a worthy dress of Josefina in the times of Napoleón (down to the right), the princess yesterday returned to dazzle in the Palace of Congresses of Madrid next to its husband in VIII the Conference of the Convention of Nations United of Lucha against the Desertificación. It chose for the occasion a fine electrical blue sweater that heightened its bust and a skirt printed over the knee

It is not true that the hunt is only for rich, I know humble people who hunts. Many people who devotes herself to raise cattle and lives in the mountains, hunt. Like there are many people thast lives near the sea who goes fishing.

Often the hunt appears as " something politically incorrect ", when actually what happens is that the people have very much ignorance on the topic,and it takes us to the hypocrisy.

The hunt inside the law, in controlled estates and of animals that are a food, does not have anything of bad. Maybe personally you would not practise it, but it is a personal question. If you go to the market and buy a chicken for the food, it is also a dead animal, though probably it does not seem to one so unlikely, because it it kills other one.

Another thing is the hunt for protected animals or in danger, the hunt with methods out of the law or the hunt in countries where this one is not controlled well. It is totally open to criticism and often illegally.

This news is of December, 2004, and already at the time it comments that the Prince is going to give two shotguns to the princess, to bring her over to the hunt, but that she does not like the topic much.
El Confidencial Digital - El regalo de Reyes para Letizia: la escopeta de moda, marca “Kemen”

Last edited:
Canarias 7. Sociedad. El kiosco rosa: "Letizia, deslumbrante entre la aristocracia europea"

Letizia, overwhelming between the aristocracy european

The dress and the slopes that shone during the celebration of the forty birthday of Guillermo of Holland provoke unanimous praises of the press of the paper couché. This way, the renewal of the official activities on the part of Doña Letizia after its loss by maternity cannot more be celebrated.

Letizia was absolutely dazzling in Holland, she stands out between the rest of the guests because of her simplicity and great elegance.
The princes of Asturias usually don´t go to many events of the European Royalty but when they do it princess Letizia is one of the best dressed (Ej.: Danish wedding)

Letizia looks great, different but still wonderful.

It is not true that the hunt is only for rich, I know humble people who hunts. €[/url]

In the US we have a hunting season when people can hunt. A license is usually required but it is not restricted to just rich people.

In the US we have a hunting season when people can hunt. A license is usually required but it is not restricted to just rich people.
It's not restricted to rich people in any nation. Hunting is a country or a rural sport, not a "rich person" sport--like, let's say, sailing. Most farmers hunt. And there is nothing wrong with game hunting. One thing is to hunt big game just to hunt, another is to hunt small game which is than cooked and consummed. I have no idea if she hunts, but I don't really care one way or the other. I do find it funny that the same people who decry her "maybe" hunting, don't seem to care that some princesses who claim to be great animal lovers drape themselves in fur. Oh, the beautiful hypocrasy of it all!

Although hunting is very common around Royal families I really think it is not a salutary hobby!Hunting for fun, killing animals for fun.Hunting just to have common interests with the Royal family doesn't seam rigth to me. Although I think Letizia is not the kind of women who could fire a gun against a animal!!

Although hunting is very common around Royal families I really think it is not a salutary hobby!Hunting for fun, killing animals for fun.Hunting just to have common interests with the Royal family doesn't seam rigth to me. Although I think Letizia is not the kind of women who could fire a gun against a animal!!

Hunting is very common for.... billion of people, Royals or not, farmers or not. It's one of the most ancient tradition in the world! It dosen't meant it's a good tradition but it is!:cool:

Hunting is very common for.... billion of people, Royals or not, farmers or not. It's one of the most ancient tradition in the world! It dosen't meant it's a good tradition but it is!:cool:

I totally agree, adelaide ;)

It's a difficult topic as the killing of animals is involved but there are rules and as long as people stick to it and don't hunt protected or endangered animals I wouldn't condemn it. Hunting does make sense, eg in regulating the animal population in order to protect the forests etc or simply because people eat or sell the meat to local butchers or restaurants.

Hunting has always been popular with the upper class, including royals, so it's a long grown tradition. Besides, I don't think that royals behave better or worse when hunting, there are lots of normal or rich people whose behaviour is a disgrace. We don't know if the story of JC shooting a drunken bear is true. If it is, shame on him, but sadly events like these do happen on a regular basis when tourists or rich people go hunting in certain countries :eek:

Exact Duke, it is necessary to be able to differ, and for it it is necessary to know something of the topic.

A thing is the hunt for birds (partridges, quails, etc ...) and of animals of mount (wild boar, roe-deer), whose meat is of consumption. This hunt is so open to criticism like buying and eating cow, chicken or pork. In addition this hunt, it is a fundamental element of the economy of many rural zones.

Another thing is the hunt for animals, only as trophies, which meat is not consumed, or the hunt for animals in situations of doubtful legality.

The one who hunts legally in Spain does it in the first group. And this it is the type of hunt that realizes the majority of the people.

Another case is the case of the King, who hunts any thing, and travels to other countries to hunt animals which hunt is prohibited in Spain.

Letizia looks great! Hasn't she worn that dress before?

Today Letizia looks really good! The dress is recycled from last July and I already liked it back then.

I really like this dress,it is very stylish.
I´m so happy because of the return of the princess to the work:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom