Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geeeee, Letizia wears a skirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!

What is Letizia going to do with herself after the wedding---just try and get pregnant?

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 4th, 2004 - 11:28 am
What is Letizia going to do with herself after the wedding---just try and get pregnant?
It would be nice to see her DO something.. play chess with the elderly, visit people in hospitals, work with charities she's interested in ... something... anything.... :unsure:

What is the book that they were signing? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by mgrant@May 5th, 2004 - 8:46 pm
What is the book that they were signing? :flower:
They are signing the "Visitors Book" of the spanish congress :p When a known figure visits the congress (like foreign presidents or monarchs) it's usualy that tehy sign this book :) Here in Portugal happens the same ;)

lorenzo caprile (the designer who was in charge of cristina's wedding gown) will design letizia's gown for the royal wedding in denmark.

lorenzo caprile will also dress Letizia in the gala dinner previous the her wedding with Felipe ;)

Prince Felipe de Borbon ® and his wife-to -be, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (L), appear at the opening ceremony of the Universal Forum of Cultures- Barcelona 2004, in Barcelona 08 May 2004.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia & Queen Sofia

Cristina & Letizia & Queen Sofia

Letizia

Letizia & Felipe

Letizia & Iñaki

Letizia & Iñaki & Cristina

Letizia Ortiz firma el libro de honor del Fórum.

Letizia

prince Felipe

Letizia & Iñaki & Cristina

Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano © signs the guest book while behind her (from L to R) Prince Felipe de Borbon, Queen Sofia, Mayor of Barcelona Joan Clos and Spanish King Juan Carlos de Borbon look on during the opening ceremony of the Universal Forum of Cultures-Barcelona 2004, in Barcelona 08 May 2004.

Letizia & Felipe & Queen Sofia

Prince Felipe de Borbon ® and his wife to be Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (L) during the opening ceremony of the Universal Forum of Cultures- Barcelona 2004, in Barcelona 08 May 2004.

Letizia & Felipe

It looks like Felipe is blushing in the second photo.

Spanish King Juan Carlos, is accompanied by Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe, his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, Princess Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin, at the opening of Barcelona's five-month cultural Forum in Barcelona, Spain, Saturday May 8, 2004. The forum will address peace, cultural diversity and sustainable development.

Red really suits her...somehow she seems fresher and younger in these latest photos than before - perhaps it is because she is exciting about the impending marriage...or maybe she just has a better make-up artist/stylist. :rolleyes:

Prince Felipe de Borbon, Queen Sofia, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano and Infanta Cristina de Borbon attend the opening ceremony of the Universal Forum of Cultures-Barcelona 2004, in Barcelona 08 May 2004.

Cristina & Letizia & Queen Sofia

Originally posted by madonna23@May 9th, 2004 - 12:30 am
Red really suits her...somehow she seems fresher and younger in these latest photos than before
I agree. I think the red suit in these pictures looks great on her, too. A bit of colour can make such a big difference in a person's appearance, I think. Perhaps as a journalist Letizia felt that her wardrobe should be neutral-toned in order to be perceived as more professional, but I think that coloured suits can be professional, too. I mean I wouldn't recommend that she wear a fuschia pink suit on the day that she covered the September 11 attacks in NYC or anything, but most days I think colour can be pulled off, even if it is a black suit with a red scarf or something like that.

Some of the CPs who do colour very well: Maxima and Mathilde. Mette-Marit wears softer colours like light pinks and blues but accents a lot with scarves.

In my opinion, she looked good because of the colour BUT also because she wore something that actually FIT her.

Look at how nicely tailored that suit is: the fitted waist instead of that awful flaring out thing that she wears sometimes, the sleeves that don't look 6 sizes to big, the straight skirt.

Here's hoping that her stylist stays on this track

I don't think Letizia has found her personal style yet. She seems to flit from one different outfit to another. Mary Donaldson has found her personal style I think, we saw it from the day she got engaged. I don't know how I would describe Mary's look, but it is distinctive, from the engagement coat to the pale blue suit she just wore recently. Mary is definitely not a follower in fashion. With Letizia we will have to wait and see. I think sophisticated tailored jackets suit her much more. And she should keep it simple too, that's my advice LOL.

TC
Barbara

Spain's crown Prince Felipe makes a speech next to his fiancee Letizia Ortiz during a visit to the City Hall in Madrid Monday May 10, 2004. The couple will marry in Madrid next May 22.

Felipe & Letizia

Spanish Prince Felipe (L) and his fiance Letizia Ortiz pose in Madrid 10 May 2004 after attending an extraordinary plenary session at the city hall during which the couple, due to wed 22 May 2004, received the city's Medal of Honor.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

What a wonderful set of pictures! I love Felipe's blue suit-very distinguished-looking. And Letizia looks very nice and professional as well. :heart: :flower:

I love the skirt and shoes...not too crazy about the jacket but it's not too bad... Last time she wore a skirt the length was wrong for her legs but this skirt length is just fine...

She looks a little tired...You can see she's got circles under her eyes in the close-up.

The pic of Felipe and Letizia in the city Hall of Madrid from the Royal House website ;)

Casareal
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe recibió la medalla de honor de Madrid, una distinción concedida con la unanimidad de todos los grupos políticos de la Corporación en reconocimiento a su contribución "a la defensa de los valores constitucionales, democráticos y sociales". Don Felipe acompañado por su prometida, Doña Letizia Ortiz, recibió la medalla de manos del Alcalde de la capital, Alberto Ruiz Gallardón, en un acto solemne celebrado en el Salón de Plenos de la Casa de la Villa, en presencia de los concejales y diversas autoridades de Madrid. Su Alteza Real el Príncipe tras recibir la máxima distinción de Madrid, expresó su satisfacción y su orgullo de la "ciudadanía a la que pertenezco", y elogió a esta ciudad que "ha sabido ser la capital abierta de una Nación que encuentra en ella el espacio necesario para hacerse escuchar". Como vecino de Madrid, don Felipe expresó su deseo de "defender y promover el modelo de convivencia que en esta ciudad ejercitan sus gentes" y aludió en repetidas veces la tragedia del 11 de marzo, ante la cual, afirmó que "el mundo entero pudo comprobar la valía de un pueblo que no se abandonó a la desesperada" y supo "plantarle cara al terror".
(Ayuntamiento de Madrid, 10 de mayo de 2004)

The pic

Prince Felipe of Spain and his fiance Letizia Ortiz visit a public school where study children whose families were victims of the March 11 train bombings in Madrid in which nearly 200 people died, 11 May 2004 in Santa Eugenia, est of Madrid, two months after the attacks took place.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Am I the only one who is surprised by how happy Felipe and Letizia seems while visiting the school of the children to the victims?

Maybe it's because they wanted to cheer up the children???

I thought it looked a little inappropriate...

Originally posted by Cissan@May 11th, 2004 - 10:10 am
Am I the only one who is surprised by how happy Felipe and Letizia seems while visiting the school of the children to the victims?

Maybe it's because they wanted to cheer up the children???

I thought it looked a little inappropriate...
Yes, I noticed that. And that was a strange expression on his face in that first photo. They greeted the crowd rather happily. Maybe it was to cheer them up. But they looked appropiately serious in the third photo.

Well, I suppose they were reacting to the crowd's reaction. If the crowd is yelling and cheering them on then it would look odd for them to have solemn faces. On the other hand if the people are all mourning and crying like they would have been at the funeral then it would be appropriate to be solemn.

seems to me that letizia and felipe are increasing their visits and publical appearences now, only one or two weeks before their wedding. that also happened with mary and frederik... why is it?

letizia and peñafiel, face to face

the other day, the day they went to hear the simphonie by nacho cano, peñafiel and letizia saw their faces for the first time. letizia talked to him, because, apparently, she had misunderstood an article by jaime. she told him to phone to the royal house to contrast information, phrase to which peñafiel said that it's imposible to contrast all the information in these words: 'i won't phone to the royal house just to know how tall are your shoes'. she asked him if he saw her sad, because apparently he had wrote something like that comparing her with victoria eugenia de wattemberg, who was one of spain's 'saddest' princesses. however, all these words were said with complicity.
maybe they can one day become good friends....

Crown prince Felipe and Dona Letizia visited the Atocha railway station to honour the victims of the Madrid terrorist attacks exactly two months ago. 11.05.04

Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz visit “Ciudad de Valencia” school where six children became orphans after the March 11 terrorist attacks on Atocha Railway Station.,

Back
Top Bottom