Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to Balearic Islands: May 9-13, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The princess of Asturias absents herself of the act in the Balearic Parlament to rest

PALMA DE MALLORCA, 10 May. (EUROPA PRESS) -

The princess of Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, has absented herself of the act anticipated to the 10.00 hours in the Balearic Parliament to rest in the occasion of her pregnancy of three months, reason why the Prince Don Felipe attended only the autonomic Camera, where outside they waited forty people to him, kind to his arrival.

The Princess will yes be, at 11.30 hours, in the anticipated visit to Inca and Sa Pobla. Don Felipe arrived at the 10.00 hours and was received by the spokesmen of the Parliamentary Groups and the members of Mesa of the Parlament, as well as the president of the Govern, Jaume Matas; the president of the Parlament, Pere Rotger; the delegate of the Government in Balears, Ramon Socías.

http://www.nodos.com/modules.php?name=europapress&op=ver_noticia_sectoriales&cod=20050510103643&tabID=1&ch=66

Is good they left her rest this morning because yesterday they were late at a dinner.

Photos from Terra:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzl115.jpg
    zzzzzzzl115.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 184
  • zzzzzzzl118.jpg
    zzzzzzzl118.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 146
  • zzzzzzzl119.jpg
    zzzzzzzl119.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 134
  • zzzzzzzl121.jpg
    zzzzzzzl121.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2289993.htm

Twenty-four hours passed since the House of the King announced the pregnancy of Doña Letizia and two ladies of Palma had enough time to weave, tonight, the first clothes for the layette of the Royal baby: two pairs of baby booties.

In a prudent gesture (because the sex of the first-born of the Princes will not be known until November), both night-time weavers gave Doña Letizia the baby-booties, in the middle of the street, one white and the other in cream colour, so that it will serve in one case or another.

“Neither pink, nor blue”, joked the Princess to the journalists, moments after confessing that she’s carrying her state “with the normal annoyances of any pregnant woman”, and agreeing with her husband on that they don’t know the names they will give to the baby.

Besides, the nuns of the convent of Sencelles (a population located in the centre of the island), announced that they will send the Princess a package with objects of the very devout sister Francinaina Cirer, their founder, so that the annoyances can last the less possible and the childbirth happens with normality: a copy of the oration of the mother-to-be and a medal for the new born. It’s a tradition in the island that the future mothers go pregnant to the convent of these nuns (to make sure they will have a good pregnancy and a childbirth without complications), and they return afterwards with the baby in the arms, to lay it down on the bed of the very devout sister, thus entrusting the baby to her protection.

The mayoress of Palm (who has dressed the city with posters of the Princes saying “Welcome”) also contributed to the Royal layette, surprising the Princes with a jersey, an apron and other pair of baby-booties. The jersey and the baby-booties were white, but the apron was blue, what immediately called the attention of Don Felipe: “But this is blue!” joked the Prince.

The so expected pregnancy of Doña Letizia, caused that, in less than twenty-four hours, the number of accreditations of journalists to follow the trip surpasses five hundred, and that almost all the attention of informers and citizens falls upon it. Hundreds of neighbours of Palma filled the Plaze de Cort (where the City council of the city is located), to applaud and congratulate the Princes, when they came out to wave from the main balcony. Downstairs, among the multitude, a numerous and boisterous group of college students decided to see and greet the Princes, whose photo was showed in a placard. On another placard, next to “congratulations to the parents-to-be”, we could read another one greeting “the teacher of Constitucional”, whom, most certainly, they had left alone in class.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2290498.htm

The Princes of Asturias are going to visit today the Parliament of this Independent Community, where they will meet with spokesmen of the different parliamentary groups. Thus, Don Felipe will arrive at the 10:00 a.m. accompanied by the president by the Govern, Jaume Matas, and the delegate of the Government, Ramon Socías, and will be received by the president of the Camera, Pere Rotger. Afterwards, at 11:45 a.m., they will travel to the village of Inca, where they will visit the Cloister of Santo Domingo and, at 1:10 p.m., they will go to Sa Pobla, to visit the headquarters of the Agrarian Transformation Society of Esplet.

In the afternoon, the Princes of Asturias will arrive at the Formentor Hotel at 2:00 p.m., where they will have lunch with enterprising young people, among will be sportsmen, musicians, artists, businessmen and scientists.

After the lunch, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will go to the Economic Faculty of Right, at 6:00 p.m., to acknowledge the projects of the University, as well as the system classes connecting by videoconference, connecting Menorca and Ibiza. Finally, TRH will have dinner with a representation of the world of the Balearic culture, at 9:30 p.m., in the Palace of La Almudaina.

Photos from Seeger-Press:

Last edited:
Thanks for the articles Elsa (and the 2nd closeup:D ) Hope Letizia is feeling better. Here is another pic from yesterday from casareal.es:

Sus altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias han visitado el Consell de Mallorca en donde firmaron en el Libro de Honor y descubrieron un retrato del Conde de Barcelona, además Don Felipe ha pronunciado un discurso en el cual ha felicitado al Consell por las iniciativas para impulsar el bienestar y la calidad de vida para los mallorquines.
(Palma de Mallorca, 9 de mayo de 2005)

Attachments

• balear06g.jpg
    balear06g.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 117
Here is another one from dpa.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
I thought this was kind of funny. People holding up a sign as if the were at a sporting event and were holding up a sign for their favorite player. From Antena3.

Attachments

• omnhk2226-03027.jpg
    omnhk2226-03027.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 161
Imagine Scandinavia pics from yesterday.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 131
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 138
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 125
Corbis pics from yesterday.

Attachments

• 42-15318645.jpg
    42-15318645.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 42-15318638.jpg
    42-15318638.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 42-15318629.jpg
    42-15318629.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 42-15315961.jpg
    42-15315961.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 42-15318619.jpg
    42-15318619.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 128
  • 42-15318635.jpg
    42-15318635.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 124
marezdote said:
Translation:

After the exhausting day of yesterday, this morning Princess Letizia preferred not to attend the first act of her second day of official trip to the Balearic Islands. A visit planned to ten o’clock in the morning to the Balearic Parliament and that prince Felipe had to make alone.

Hundreds of citizens have received her absence with a mixture of emotion, grief and understanding. Two hours later, in the Balearic village of Inca, the delirium has taken place. Thousands of people, young and old, even some in wheelchairs, finally were able to see their princess. They presented her with everything: peluches, baby booties, small toys, according to their preferences. Some villagers say they prefer a boy and others a girl.

The Princess, who has demonstrated to have her maternal instinct more alive than ever, has talked a good while with some children.

As always, thanks for translating Elsa!:)

You're welcome, Marezdote! It's not very good, but it fits to have a general understanding... ;)

from elmundo.es. Getting in a little practice.;)

Attachments

• 1115731921_0.jpg
    1115731921_0.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 236
From dpa. Some more practice.:D

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 217
I would like to thank all the amazing members who have contributed with pictures, articles, videos and anedoctes to this thread. (I won't mention names because I could forget anyone and this wouldn't be fair!;) )

I'm enjoying them to the fullest and, as most of you might think, I wasn't swallowed by a black hole:p , it's just that everything has been so crazy lately here at the office that I'm not having any free time to contribute.

Thanks again to you all, you're certainly a treasure to this board!:D

one question or curiosity: why people in these forum change the name of the files/photos of the agencies? Why people keep the original name of the photos?

Oh marezdote thank you for posting these two pictures with the baby and the little girl :D So cute.
I know I already said it but I just have to follow Anna and say one more a big thank you to you all for the great pictures and articles. I'm busy at the moment and so I haven't much time to read everything so I copy all in word to read it anytime later ;)

rchainho said:
one question or curiosity: why people in these forum change the name of the files/photos of the agencies? Why people keep the original name of the photos?
What do you mean? Can you give an example?

I think I know what she means. I do that too when I post pictures because it's easier to find those you want to post on the computer. There are already pictures with the same name (numers, same letters etc.) and so I give them the names I find them more quickly. Hope this was a good explanation ;)

rchainho said:

I know that I change the names in order to make it easier to post. Sometimes I have more than 20 pictures to post at once and the file names of the agencies are way too long and complicated for me so sort through them and see what I have already posted and what I have yet to post.

This is a personal decision and I really don't see a point of asking such question, since the pictures end up being posted, with their names changed or not.;)

Anna_R said:
I know that I change the names in order to make it easier to post. Sometimes I have more than 20 pictures to post at once and the file names of the agencies are way too long and complicated for me so sort through them and see what I have already posted and what I have yet to post.

This is a personal decision and I reall don't see a point of asking such question, since the pictures end up being posted, with their names changed or not.;)
I understand the question now! I do the same thing some of the time. Depending on how many I have to post it keeps them organized so I don't repost pics.

From Terra. Here are a couple of Felipe with the children.

Attachments

• 71f955178570eg.jpg
    71f955178570eg.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 71f9551785ee0g.jpg
    71f9551785ee0g.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 270
A few from GettyImages:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzm2.jpg
    zzzzzzzm2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 206