Prince & Princess of Asturias Visit to the United States: November 13-19, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope they got to keep the Google glass' they were trying on.

:whistling:and :flowers:, OMG PL looks outstanding...........wow, that black lace dress fits her like a glove and her hair and those diamond earrings, her make-up.............just beyond gorgeous. Just beautiful.....she out shines everyone there. Her hubby must be so proud of her for she is truly a real princess. I want that dress and those earrings............in my dreams I know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Letizia and the woman on the far right of her wearing the same dress?:ohmy:

It certainly looks like it!! I'm sure Letizia didn't mind but I would be mortified if I wore the same outfit as the royal guest!!

:flowers:They will certainly make Spain shine again when they are King and Queen. The love that they show each other is such a pleasure to see in today's world. They are showing they will make a great team together when the time comes. Both of them shine in the spotlight and it's not a phony smile like the rest of the family.

:whistling:and :flowers:, OMG PL looks outstanding...........wow, that black lace dress fits her like a glove and her hair and those diamond earrings, her make-up.............just beyond gorgeous. Just beautiful.....she out shines everyone there. Her hubby must be so proud of her for she is truly a real princess. I want that dress and those earrings............in my dreams I know!

Absolutely agree, she Looks STUNNING!
I always, always loved that Dress, it is spectacular and it suits her soooo well!
BYe Bine

letizia looks radiant although at times i believe she looks a bit too serious and doesn't seem to engage in conversation which makes her look rather unapproachable.

i was hoping to hear her speaking in english in some of the video clips but unfortunately felipe seems to be the only one we can hear talk. there's a bit of her speaking in english during the reception given to them, but we don't seem to hear her very much. i don't think in all her time as princess we got to hear her speaking in english at all.

PS EDIT: I correct myself. here's a video from about a year ago where we can hear letizia speaking in english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftu9MiXfL60

Last edited:
Normally in events with the prince, she stays in the background and leaves him the leading role in the talks. They should have let the princess have some solo event on this trip, the Royal House never gives her the opportunity to have a prominent role in trips abroad.

Normally in events with the prince, she stays in the background and leaves him the leading role in the talks. They should have let the princess have some solo event on this trip, the Royal House never gives her the opportunity to have a prominent role in trips abroad.

Queen Sofia clearly holds on to her trips abroad, doesnt she :D I mean, F&L are in the US right now and Letizia could have picked up the Queen's event in New York but no way. I am pretty sure it was scheduled that way a long time ago, the Kings were supposed to do the trip to California & Florida and the Queen would have flown from Florida to NY to do her event.

Letizia is certainly fluent in English, but from what we have heard she has a very heavy accent a la Rafael Nadal, typical for many Spaniards who have never had to use English or only started very late. Felipe is almost accent free, I am sure he grew up bilingual.

Duke, they had a trip planned to the king and queen to Florida in April. The trip to Los Angeles was planned for the Prince and Princess in November, to attend the Spain-US Council Forum that they have presided over recent years in Spain and the US.

With the king's health problems they are changing the agenda permanently. The logic in this situation would have been that if the prince and princess are in the U.S. they attend the gala in New York, would only be half a day more in the country. But it seems that the queen did not want to give up her party, although that would involve to spend money on an unnecessary trip.

Back
Top Bottom