Prince and Princess of Asturias Official Visit to Portugal: May 30-June 1, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
30 May

Laying of a wreath, by the Prince and Princess of Asturias, on the tomb of Luís Vaz de Camões, in Jerónimos Monastery

Reception in the Palace of Belém by President and Mrs. Cavaco Silva, this being followed by a working meeting between the President of the Republic and His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias

Prince and Princess of Asturias will be received, in the House of Parliament, by the Speaker and representatives of the parliamentary political parties

Encounter with the Spanish community residing in Portugal

31 May

Prince and Princess of Asturias will travel to the city of Braga for a visit to the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory

Banquet, held in the Palace of Queluz, hosted by the President of the Republic and Mrs. Cavaco Silva

1 June

Prince and Princess of Asturias will take part in an entrepreneurial meeting promoted by the Portuguese-Spanish Chamber of Commerce and Industry

Audience of the Prince and Princess of Asturias with the Prime Minister, who will later host a luncheon in their honour in the Palace of S. Bento

Award Ceremony of the “Europa Nostra” Prizes, to be held in Jerónimos Monastery

Official visit to Portugal of the Princes of Asturias - NEWS - PRESIDENCIA.PT

Is the Royal House not going to publish the programme of the trip? How unusual, they usually publish a summary beforehand, don't they?

30 May

Prince and Princess of Asturias will be received, in the House of Parliament, by the Speaker and representatives of the parliamentary political parties

So they willl be received in the parliament today, a day were there is a national debate with the government there? Will the speaker and the representatives leave the debate to receive them? I know they don't really take serious what they are debating there but still...

I saw them leaving Belém Palace around 3pm. God How tall is Felipe? :eek: He towered over our president who himself towers over everyone:D

So they willl be received in the parliament today, a day were there is a national debate with the government there? Will the speaker and the representatives leave the debate to receive them? I know they don't really take serious what they are debating there but still...

I saw them leaving Belém Palace around 3pm. God How tall is Felipe? :eek: He towered over our president who himself towers over everyone:D

Felipe is 197 cm tall.

At the Parliament:
Portugal's parliament at Sao Bento palace, may 30- News, photos, topics and quotes

Photos from the official website of the president of Portugal
Príncipes das Astúrias encontraram-se com Presidente e Dra. Maria Cavaco Silva no início da visita oficial a Portugal - ATUALIDADE - PRESIDENCIA.PT

Last edited:
What is this woman wearing for a visit to the parliament? NOOOOOOO

Please tell me that she wore a suit jacket to match the pants but because of the weather (i.e its was too hot) she took it off during the meeting.

Otherwise, could she put a little effort into her wardrobe. I can understand if clothes are not a priority to her (some people just see clothes as something to wear out of the house and not to make a fashion statement) but seriously...is she working or making a errand run?

Something along the lines of what she wore the first day would be appropriate IMO. If she wanted to do the pant suit thing that would be okay but this.....this is what I wear to work on casual Fridays!

it could have been worse; she could have done belly top!;)
Felipe always looks the part, unfortunately his wife looks like she only got to the event by accident. It doesnt look austerity, it just looks silly.

Del oporto de 570 euros de Cavaco Silva, al vino pelen del embajador espaol

God that article is very harsh with the reception at the embassy:sad:

But I'm glad our president is promoting our Port which according to some sources the princes liked very much. Not surprising..Port wine is always good.
Funny that the port was called Duque de Bragança. He's present eventough he isn't there;)

Spanish Royals Visit Portugal - Day 2

Spanish Royals Visit Portugal - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia visited the international Iberian nanotechnology laboratory in Braga

PPE Agency

Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended a meeting with the Portuguese personalities (social, cultural and business) at the residence of the Spanish ambassador in Lisbon

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
The European Heritage Awards Ceremony, celebrating the winners of the 2012 European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage, Jeronimos Monastery.
Daylife gallery

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom