Presentation of Infanta Sofía: May 4, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thank you for all the videos and photos, the posters on this thread deserve a big pat on the back!

The little Infanta is a lovely baby and a wonderful addition to this little family. Leonor was gorgeous and Letizia-wow! She looked spectacular!

dazzling said:
I think its too early to judge that, yes they do look a bit different but babies change fast & it doesn’t mean if its not a cute baby that she wont be as cute when she grown up

I agree totally with you for at least two reasons:
1. In fact on a lot of shots the baby is a true beauty
2. Her features are very subtils

When we don't see the eyes of th baby by the way her expressions it's difficult to say that she will be more or less beatiful of her sister, it's totally obvious.

For me the Princes of Asturias are making estupendous babies, excatly as the Dukes of Palma with three kids very different but so beautiful the ones of the others. I don't speak about the little girl who is a true beauty but very different of Leonor. It's question of character.

Well I think we now have to wait until their next public apperance, which I think it will be only in about several months, maybe in summer in Mallorca we can get to see them next!!!

biboquinhas said:
Well I think we now have to wait until their next public apperance, which I think it will be only in about several months, maybe in summer in Mallorca we can get to see them next!!!
I think we won't wait that long ;), surely little Sofia's christening will take place before holidays, probably in June/July.

don't forget the presentation of Infanta Sofia at Basilica of Our Lady of Atocha;)

no, i don't forget. but gona take some time...

Redferns said:
don't forget the presentation of Infanta Sofia at Basilica of Our Lady of Atocha;)

The presentation will take place after the christening. Leonor was christened 10 weeks after birth, so I guess we could expect a similar timetable for Sofia.

I guess that it's a safe bet to say that the christening will take place after the 12th or 14th of July.

Any Spanish members could enlighten us in that?

Anna_R said:
The presentation will take place after the christening. Leonor was christened 10 weeks after birth, so I guess we could expect a similar timetable for Sofia.

I guess that it's a safe bet to say that the christening will take place after the 12th or 14th of July.

Any Spanish members could enlighten us in that?

Nothing, not news at the moment. I think it will be at June's last days or July's first.

Only, I have listened, in a tv program, that Letizia's fathers can be Sofia's goodparents.:flowers:

biboquinhas said:
The little one has her sister's lips, but the face is different from Leonor. IMO she will be not so beautiful has Leonor but she will have her own gracefulness and charm!

On the contrary, I think that sofía already is beautiful, and in a time she will be pretty more!:wub:

LadyK said:
Duncan transcribed the interview in the "Presentation of Infanta Sofia" thread. It's pretty complete, and pretty acurate.

This is the "Presentation of Infanta Sofia" thread. :flowers:
Do you know what the posting number is?

Duncan said:
Here is what I can get from the dialogue on agm's video (YouTube - Primera aparición pública de la Infanta SofÃ*a):

Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 1

Periodistas: Parece más morena...
Press: Her skin looks darker…

Felipe: Es más morenita.
Felipe: She is a little bit darker.

Periodistas: ¿Qué tal está, Alteza?
Press: How do you feel, Your Highness?

Letizia: Muy bien, muchas gracias.
Letizia: Very well, thank you very much.

Periodistas: ¿Y la experiencia de tener la segunda hija?
Press: What about the experience of having your second daughter?

Letizia: Muy bien, estupendo.
Letizia: Very well, it's wonderful.

Leonor: Yo, yo, papá, ot[r]o.
Leonor: Me, me, daddy, another [meaning she wants the second microphone cover, since she got one already].

Periodistas: ¿Cómo la alimenta?
Press: How are you feeding her?

Letizia: Estoy con lactancia materna, voy a estar igual que Leonor, lo mismo también, a dedicarme a la niña y a... a estar con ella.
Letizia: I am breastfeeding, I am going to be just as Leonor, just the same, I will devoid myself to the girl and… being with her.

Felipe: Bueno, también viene bien que sea un viernes y...
Felipe: Well, how convenient today being a Friday and…

Letizia [a Leonor]: ¿Qué haces con eso?
Letizia [to Leonor]: What are you doing with that? [with the microphone covers]

Periodistas: ¿Señora, a quién se parece la niña?
Press: Madam, whom does the girl look like?

Felipe: Yo creo que todos los padres saben cómo hay que desmultiplicarse, ¿no?, con cada... con cada hijo que llega...
Felipe: I believe that all parents know how to unmultiply themselves, don’t they?, with each… with each child that comes…

Leonor: Yoyo, yoyo.
Leonor: Me, me, me, me. [meaning "these amazing microphone covers are now mine"?]

Felipe: ... pero hacemos lo posible porque queremos ser los mejores padres para ellos [?], así que... estamos encantados.
Felipe: …but we try our best because we want to be the best parents for them, so… we are delighted.

Periodistas: ¿...el bautizo?
Press: What about the christening?

Felipe: No sabemos exactamente, no, no lo sabemos.
Felipe: We don’t know exactly, no, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿...el nombre?
Press: What about the name?

Felipe: Bueno...
Felipe: Well...

Letizia: Nos hacía mucha ilusión a los dos que se llamara como la reina y además es un nombre precioso.
Letizia: We both were looking forward for her to bear the same name as the queen and, in addition, it is a beautiful name.

Periodistas: Señora, se dijo que el nombre fue decisión suya...
Press: Madam, it was said that the name was your decision…

Letizia: A mí me... me hacía también eso, mucha ilusión que se llamara como la reina y creo que... que a ella le ha encantado también, o sea que...
Letizia: To me… I was also as I said, very eager for her to bear the same name as the queen and I believe that… that she [the queen] is also delighted, so…

Part 1........

Duncan said:
Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 2

Periodistas: ¿Para cuándo Pelayo [un hijo varón]?
Press: When should we expect a Pelayo [a male child]?

Letizia: Ya veremos, ahora estamos... ahora pendientes de ellas.
Letizia: We’ll see, now we're… we're taking care of them [the two daughters].

Felipe: Esta mañana he estado trabajando.
Felipe: This morning I've been working.

Periodistas: ¿Señora, cuándo va a ser el bautizo?
Press: Madam, when will the christening be?

Felipe: No lo sabemos todavía el bautizo.
Felipe: We don't know about the christening yet.

Letizia: De momento estamos..., vamos a..., no lo sabemos.
Letizia: For the time being we’re…, we're going to…, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿Y los padrinos?
Press: And the godparents?

Felipe: Lo diremos todo a la vez, cuando se sepa la fecha y todo ya daremos la información.
Felipe: We’ll say everything at once, when the date is known and all, we'll give the information out.

Leonor: Todo, yoyo, aquí.
Leonor: Everything, yoyo, here. [she wants to put both covers back in place]

Letizia: Ponlo ahí, ponlo ahí, ahí, aquí, ya está.
Letizia: Put it there, put it there, there, here, alright.

Leonor:.
Leonor: More. [meaning doing the same thing with the second cover]

Letizia: Ahora el otro ahí, más, más, ahí, muy bien, aquí también, ya está, ale.
Letizia: Now the other one there, more, more, there, very well, here too, good.
[Letizia dice algo sobre el vestido (?)]
[Letizia says something about Leonor's dress?]

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió, a[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye, by-bye!

Letizia: “Aioyo”, se quiere ir.
Letizia: “Aioyo”, she wants to go.

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye!

Felipe: Muchas gracias, señores.
Felipe: Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.

Periodistas: [?]
Press: [?]

Letizia: La verdad que no.
Letizia: Actually I [?] didn’t.

Part 2.........

Here are the transcriptions.

Oh, thanks so much for your translation. I haven't the time to watch it on TV, so I really appreciate your translated version of the interview.

Does anybody know were I have to send a greeting card for Felipe and Letizia? That information would be very welcomed. I've already searched a lot, but couldn't finde the address.

Thank you for the interview. I think Leonor is very cute :rolleyes: and princess Letizia has such a lovely voice. The princess really looks very happy!

catango said:

All little babies tend to look like each other. I really don't think she'll look like her undurgarin cousins because most of them generally look like their father, and sofia doesn't have his genes.

crm2317 said:
That is beautiful redferns. It is as if she is thinking- this is just perfect life. She has her baby in her arms an adoring doting husband and a little girl who clearly loves life.

None has a perfect life, pardon my lack of optimism, Im glad to see the princess smiling again and how suportive and caring Felipe seems to be, but lets not forget that she just lost her little sister a few months ago, I think it is very likely this is a bittersweet moment for her

avrilo said:
None has a perfect life, pardon my lack of optimism, Im glad to see the princess smiling again and how suportive and caring Felipe seems to be, but lets not forget that she just lost her little sister a few months ago, I think it is very likely this is a bittersweet moment for her

May be you are right to remember the bad moments but as had said the Princess's grand mother :" the life is a puzzlz with joy and sadness, today it's great moment of happynes. The life is always stronger":flowers:

If you want to resist in the life you have to take the happynes when it's here and don't think at the dark cloud of your mind in the same Time. If you do that you have great risks to never succeed to forget the pain.:flowers: :angel:

avrilo said:

Bittersweet could be a good term to describe it, but I think that, ultimately, happiness has overcome the sadness.

My maternal grandfather died just a few hours before I was born, my mom used to say that it was the most conflicting emotion she'd ever felt, but that in the end she knew that my grandfather would be very pleased if she was happy for my arrival, without a guilty conscience, because he had been expecting me anxiously (as I was the first grandkid in both sides) and had even helped to choose my name.

So I think Letizia had almost three months to 'digest' the death of Erika, therefore I might assume she felt nothing but utterly happiness when seeing her little girl for the first time.

Anna_R said:
Bittersweet could be a good term to describe it, but I think that, ultimately, happiness has overcome the sadness.

My maternal grandfather died just a few hours before I was born, my mom used to say that it was the most conflicting emotion she'd ever felt, but that in the end she knew that my grandfather would be very pleased if she was happy for my arrival, without a guilty conscience, because he had been expecting me anxiously (as I was the first grandkid in both sides) and had even helped to choose my name.

So I think Letizia had almost three months to 'digest' the death of Erika, therefore I might assume she felt nothing but utterly happiness when seeing her little girl for the first time.

I totally agree with you and you made a good point. even though her sister died recently there is nothing she can do about it and she will be so busy now with Leonor and baby Sofia. They will take up so much of her time and energy but from what I see I think she will love every minute of it.

BeautyLeonor said:
On the contrary, I think that sofía already is beautiful, and in a time she will be pretty more!:wub:
:mad: I have never said that Sofia wasn't beautiful!!!She is indeed, btu IMO Leonor was a more beautiful baby than Sofia is at the moment, and yes she is beautiful and she has her own graceful!!!

i think she's very pretty., alot different to her sister when she was born though! i think shes pretty than Leonor was, Leonor is more lovely now than she was when she was younger! but thats just my opinion :)

biboquinhas said:
:mad: I have never said that Sofia wasn't beautiful!!!She is indeed, btu IMO Leonor was a more beautiful baby than Sofia is at the moment, and yes she is beautiful and she has her own graceful!!!

Dear biboqunhas, I'm an old Lady who had seen a lot of things in her life, it's thee reason why I'm feel allowed to give you a very kind little advertising. Sometimes before to write something, it's better to think how you can give your thaught in the most diplomatic way and the most realistic too by comparaison of an evebtual fuutur that nobody can say to know:flowers: :flowers: Sorry if you find that i'm too:graduate: But it's to avoid that your purposes will go on difficult to understand in their meanings.:)

I loved evry picture of the presentation of Sofia.
Letizia is really stunning.
Letizia, Felipe and their two daughters are the picture of a beautiful family.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom