Presentation of Infanta Sofía: May 4, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Adelaide, don't take it as a criticism. In fact I would say it's this new dimension of Felipe's personality which I like the most about him.

Duncan said:
Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 2

Periodistas: ¿Para cuándo Pelayo [un hijo varón]?
Press: When should we expect a Pelayo [a male child]?

Letizia: Ya veremos, ahora estamos... ahora pendientes de ellas.
Letizia: We’ll see, now we're… we're taking care of them [the two daughters].

Felipe: Esta mañana he estado trabajando.
Felipe: This morning I've been working.

Periodistas: ¿Señora, cuándo va a ser el bautizo?
Press: Madam, when will the christening be?

Felipe: No lo sabemos todavía el bautizo.
Felipe: We don't know about the christening yet.

Letizia: De momento estamos..., vamos a..., no lo sabemos.
Letizia: For the time being we’re…, we're going to…, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿Y los padrinos?
Press: And the godparents?

Felipe: Lo diremos todo a la vez, cuando se sepa la fecha y todo ya daremos la información.
Felipe: We’ll say everything at once, when the date is known and all, we'll give the information out.

Leonor: Todo, yoyo, aquí.
Leonor: Everything, yoyo, here. [she wants to put both covers back in place]

Letizia: Ponlo ahí, ponlo ahí, ahí, aquí, ya está.
Letizia: Put it there, put it there, there, here, alright.

Leonor:.
Leonor: More. [meaning doing the same thing with the second cover]

Letizia: Ahora el otro ahí, más, más, ahí, muy bien, aquí también, ya está, ale.
Letizia: Now the other one there, more, more, there, very well, here too, good.
[Letizia dice algo sobre el vestido (?)]
[Letizia says something about Leonor's dress?]

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió, a[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye, by-bye!

Letizia: “Aioyo”, se quiere ir.
Letizia: “Aioyo”, she wants to go.

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye!

Felipe: Muchas gracias, señores.
Felipe: Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.

Periodistas: [?]
Press: [?]

Letizia: La verdad que no.
Letizia: Actually I [?] didn’t.

Thank you for the translation, Duncan:flowers:

I tend to forget how Rude the Press can be.

IMO, To aks how is she feeding the baby, is Private (although she is a Public figure does not matter)

And asking about a male child, when she just delivered a baby is the Ultimate Low. GEEZ:bang:

gorgous gorgous gorgous gorgous for 4 of them.
may happiness,health and good fortune be always with them.
thank you all for all pics,viedos and translations.
just some question:
does anybody know infanta sofia's eye color?
in tve when leonor start waving prince point at her and said something,anyboday know anything about what he said?

All the analysis can be in the nature! It's sure Letizia, before meeting Felipe, defended a kind of elegant of femine feminism in which, as a lot of graduate woman, she was looking for her independence in quiet all the fields, to the liberty of the to the indepence to organie their life, the all smilig and why notkeeping glamourous.
By an happy coincidence of the life, she has made a reactionnary choice to marry a men with a lot of constraints. Constraints for the public life, for her works and the expression of her personality.
May be, the liberty that she had knew could be a great contribution for the princely couple. If a crown Prince take care of his children, may be its a way for understand better his country.
In a crountry where the violence masculine in the wedding stay one of the most higher of Europe, a Crown Prince very respectful of the identity of the women by knowing his own experience, seems to me a great luck for opening a too sclerosed shemas.
Just detail, Ibeleive it's the Crown prince of Norway who had took all the father vaccancies allowed by the law to take of his children. Can we judge his character for that?:flowers: :zorro:

Last edited:
Duncan, thank you so much for posting a translation!

janos614 said:
And it really warms my heart to see Letizia so joyful again. I think Leonor and Sofia will do a lot to help their mother overcome the loss of her sister- she can teach her two little ones how to be good sisters to each other, as well. Thank goodness Letizia was able to come through this pregnancy safely.

And I could really sense a deep connection between Felipe and Letizia- he and Leo have such a deep bond, as well, and the four of them are a real unit!

Yes, really it is wonderful to see as finally the girl has born without problem. The Princess and her family have lived through a tragedy, and for Letizia the refuge and what has given her forces they are her girls. They all must be living through a complicated mixture of emotions, but the girls are a good motive of happiness.:flowers:

If I have two little treasures like Infantas Leonor and Sofía I will be the most happy woman in this life. :flowers:

I do not find offensive the fact the journalist ask about when Princess Letizia will have a boy. Here in my country, when you have two boys, people would ask you: "Oh! Yes...And when do you have a little girl?"...And when you already have two girls, the sentence will be: "Oh! Yes...And when do you have a little boy?" I think that people doesn't wants to be mean. All of us likes variety...:) I always tell my personal story: having two little nephews (two baby boys who are dearies :wub: ), I'm a little tired of boys and just want to have a sweet little niece. Now I'm afraid that, if my sister in-law has another boy, she'll not try to be a mother again and she'll have only three boys (and this if she wants to be mother for the third time). I was inmensely happy when Princess Mary of Denmark had her girl, for the first child has been a boy...and I was a little dissapointed when I knew that Princess Maxima of the Netherlands had had another daughter. In Netherlands, it doesn't matter, for Princess Catharina-Amalia will be the next Queen of the country after her fathers, even if she has a little brother. It's only that people likes variety (like me! ;) )

Vanesa.

Monna said:
What a beautiful family! :wub: Little Sofia is gorgeous, so tiny and calm but it`s Leonor who continues to be the most charming baby in the world for me. I really loved to see her walking and waving and to hear her first public words, it was so funny. She wasn`t interested in her sister at all :lol:. And the Princes seem to be exceptionaly happy, I hope that their daughters will give them a lot of joy and happiness in the future...

Thank you all for the photos and videos :flowers:

Where did you find the picture in your avatar? I've scrolled back through the various links that were posted and didn't find that one amongst the official pictures! Thanks!

Thank you everyone for all the photos, videos and translation. What a beautiful family.

janos614 said:
Where did you find the picture in your avatar? I've scrolled back through the various links that were posted and didn't find that one amongst the official pictures! Thanks!

Monna probably edited the picture to have the two sisters together:flowers:

catango said:
ImageShack - Hosting :: 20eh.jpg Prince Felipe

ANP Beeldbank Sofia

Daddy's girl look like him, indeed.:wub: :ermm:

Talk about twins ;);) very alike indeed. Duncan thank you so much for translating - I was very curious about what was said during the presentation. I have thought a lot about the comments regarding Felipe and Letizia and people arguing that Letizia should have her own agenda. I see very much Felipe and Letizia as a couple, and it is my favourite thing about them that you see both of them together at events so often. I think they complement each other very well. I´ve always wondered if the SRF have hesitated to give Letizia her own agenda as she was so well known to the Spanish people as a journalist, that had she had her own agenda from the beginning people may have continued to think of her as Letizia the journalist rather than Letizia future queen of Spain. And Letizia herself may have needed time to adjust to being a princess of Spain rather than a journalist. Thus Duncan, if you are already seeing Letizia as future head of state, then I think the SRF have done an excellent job!

eireann said:
Talk about twins ;);) very alike indeed. Duncan thank you so much for translating - I was very curious about what was said during the presentation. I have thought a lot about the comments regarding Felipe and Letizia and people arguing that Letizia should have her own agenda. I see very much Felipe and Letizia as a couple, and it is my favourite thing about them that you see both of them together at events so often. I think they complement each other very well. I´ve always wondered if the SRF have hesitated to give Letizia her own agenda as she was so well known to the Spanish people as a journalist, that had she had her own agenda from the beginning people may have continued to think of her as Letizia the journalist rather than Letizia future queen of Spain. And Letizia herself may have needed time to adjust to being a princess of Spain rather than a journalist. Thus Duncan, if you are already seeing Letizia as future head of state, then I think the SRF have done an excellent job!

Whatever the case, it'a very good and not biaised analysis.:flowers:

janos614 said:
I`ve done this avatar in photoshop, sorry that I`ve confused you :flowers:

Am I the only one who seeing Letizia during the presentation remembered Letizia during Leonor`s baptism? Her outfit, her hair, the tiny baby girl in the arms and of course the brode happy smile - quite similar.

great video! Thanks Adelaide!

Thanks so much for the translation DUncan! Leonor loves the limelight she is brilliant

Beautiful family, loved the official pictures. :flowers:

To me, this baby is more Letizia than Borbon, I think she will look like Leti a lot :) !

Monna said:
Am I the only one who seeing Letizia during the presentation remembered Letizia during Leonor`s baptism? Her outfit, her hair, the tiny baby girl in the arms and of course the brode happy smile - quite similar.

Me too! Letizia on Sofia's presentation reminded me Letizia on Leonor's baptism. In these two ocasions she looked very happy, with large smiles on her face.

Duncan said:
Now, since up to now I behaved myself, let me just say two things and please don't bite me, especially after the trouble I took with the transcription.

One, every time I see this family I can't help seing Letizia as the head of state to be, and Felipe as the devoted, stay-at-home parent.

Two, since their public life mainly consists in promoting themselves, I wonder why they have been avoiding showing Leonor in the open as they did yesterday, even giving rise to false rumors about the girl's health. Finally she has proven to be their best asset.

Thanks Duncan for the translation. You are entitled to your opinions.

On the other hand, most people, whether royalty or not usually want to have apositive image in public so promoting themselves is not unusual. Maybe they felt Leonor was too young to be subjected to the media, hence it was only recently that she has been seen more freqeuntky,

Leonor is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I actuall hope Felipe and Letizia don't have more babies, coz I want Leo to be queen so bad. She will make history for sure.:flowers:

Duncan said:
No, Adelaide, don't take it as a criticism. In fact I would say it's this new dimension of Felipe's personality which I like the most about him.

That is commedable. Husbands should be able to take care of their children as well as their wives.

She is so cute ! What a wonderful family ! I agree,Sofia looks a lot like her father but she can change !
I love to see parents so happy and natural with their children

I don't think they will have anymore children but that doesn't matter becaus they have two healthy and loveable children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom