Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha: June 7, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) :) :) princess leonor is just too beautiful for words... she is adorable !!!! thanks for all the lovely pictures everyone!

She is sooooooo beautiful!!!! I love the way she looks at her daddy. You can tell they have already started a life time love affair. I feel sorry for any suitors.

The event is featured in Diez Minutos this week:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia223.htm

The little Infanta conquers the hearts of all those who witnessed her presentation before the Madrilenian patroness.

She shed neither a tear nor made a fuss. The Infanta Leonor demonstrated quite a character for a baby during her presentation before the Virgin of Atocha, of Madrid, this past June 7. Nothing scared the first-born of Princes de Asturias, nor the cameras that took photos nor the applause of the 200 faithfuls who gathered in the basilica nor their shouts of "Viva la infanta Leonor!" which was heard as they came came out while the bells rang.

i hope my translation is correct. :D

Awww... such a cutie patootie. She's a big girl! I wonder if she'll be tall like her papa or short like her mama... hopefully somewhere in between.
That's cute comparing her to the Lion King (hehe)

RhapsodyBrat said:
The event is featured in Diez Minutos this week:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia223.htm

The little Infanta conquers the hearts of all those who witnessed her presentation before the Madrilenian patroness.

She shed neither a tear nor made a fuss. The Infanta Leonor demonstrated quite a character for a baby during her presentation before the Virgin of Atocha, of Madrid, this past June 7. Nothing scared the first-born of Princes de Asturias, nor the cameras that took photos nor the applause of the 200 faithfuls who gathered in the basilica nor their shouts of "Viva la infanta Leonor!" which was heard as they came came out while the bells rang.

i hope my translation is correct. :D

Yes, very understable, many thanks.:D

About the picture reproduced in the newspaper, who can explain me that - very often - the shot is printed in wrong way for instance left to right. It's not the first time I saw it. It's not a technical probleme to reproduce correctly an image : they have to pay attention because nobody has an equal profil and if you know correctly your subject it's very easy to see if your wrong or not ! Great mystery!!....

Last edited:
In some mass media they have commented that the cross that Leonor was taking was the same that her father took, though the chain had been changed and to Leonor they have put one with small pearls, here both photos are to compare ;)

From abc and diezminutos

Last edited:
thanks lula for the scans. Leonor is cute. to me she's more beautiful than his father. :D

I don't know if we can say that the infanta is more beautiful than her father, they are both two estupendous big babies, may be we can say that Leonor is a little less " patapouf " ( sorry it's impossible to translate this onomatopeia )

Last edited:
Leonor is the cuttest and the prettiest baby I have ever seen! She is really gorgeous! I just can't stop looking at her pictures and can understand people, who shouted "Viva La Infanta Leonor" very well. Every time I look at her, I have the urge to do the same, she is like an angel. :)
Thanks lula and Elsa M. for the pics from Hola! She's adorable. :) :)

What is that on her nose, on her right side? I saw that before in one photo during the baptism and now is more clear. Is that like a broken blood vein or a birth mark?
My favorite photo is the first one, with Leonor looking at her dad.

lula said:

My thoughts are that Felipe dresses better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
She has something called angioma. Some babies have that but after one year it dissapears. By the way I cannot see the pics either:(

FROM LECTURAS

In the first photo Leonor's different gestures by her little mouth can be seen , she is very graceful. :D

On the second pic we can see that not only Felipe lifted and presented his daughter, but Letizia too, we can see her hands on Leonor. Pity the photo wasn't taken more "frontal":D

That is the more surprising for the little Infanta is her look. Particularly since her presentation to the Virgen of Atocha,we have ver numerous pics of this splendid and very expressive look; the pics above (one more time many thanks Lula ) are really fantastics. So many expressions for a baby of seven months is astonishing and let presage whithout great difficulty a deep sens of observation :rolleyes:

This week in "Point de vue" we have a full page of a portrait of Leonor watching at her father absolutly fabulous. Unforgettable :D ( I'm going to try to scan it to morrow, but after my "scratching" incident I have to remove all:eek: )

If we going on with the lips of the Infantita, we can see how they are very well design and for that she is very similar to her mother; it's a detail more which make her expression so intersting.

As we can see her angiome which was more important at Easter is going to disappear and becomming smaller and it's not an obstacle for Leonor to be a baby very alive and happy:D

lisa777 said:
She has something called angioma. Some babies have that but after one year it dissapears. By the way I cannot see the pics either:(

I did not know, I thought the first time is was some sort of birth mark. I checked angioma and got this:

An angioma is a benign tumor that consists of small blood vessels. These tumors can be located anywhere on the body...
...Angiomas can be treated with electrodesiccation. This is done in the doctors office. It consists of touching the skin with an electric needle and destroying the blood vessels that make up the tumor.

On the first picture on post # 225, the one on the left with the close up faces of the baby, the caption in Spanish reads the following, I'll translate it line by line (even with the same font color) to make it easier to follow:
Royal Family
Like a little doll
The daugther of the Princes of
Asturias has some beautiful
blue eyes and lips
perfectly drawn. The
purpose of the camera was to be able to
capture diverse cutsy and
expresive gestures that Leonor
made with her little doll lips.

Last edited:
Toledo, many thanks for your translation, but may be the word " objetivo" has to be " lens " or " focus " more than purpose. What do you think about that.

For the angiome, your definition is the good one, generally speaking it's a bith mark or appear very sooner after the birth, wich it's seem to be the case for the Infanta

I think you are right, the word objetivo in spanish means the subject of in English but, when refering to photographic equipment, as in that photo lense, the word objetivo means the physical lense itself used to focus the frame.

foot note: Objetivo/objective has other meanings in both languages
so the above should read:
Royal Family: Like a little doll
The daugther of the Princes of Asturias has some beautiful blue eyes and lips (that are) perfectly drawn. The lense of the camera was be able to capture (the) diverse cutsy and expresive gestures that Leonor made with her little doll lips.

Thanks Adelaide! :)

Last edited:
You are very welcome; it's my probleme too, because I'm neither fluent in english nor in Spanish, so I have to check very often the meaning of words particulary if they are " false friend". See you soon.

Hello all :) I'm on exams at the university and i see that i lost alot in the royal world :( I´ll have alot to read and see on my summer vacations :p

I only can say that all this pics from Leonor realy make my day today :D She is adorableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :eek:

I'm sorry but very honestly I can't say that I find Leonor beautiful. :( She has so strange ears. When I look at a picture of her, her ears are the only things I see.

She's rather cute but she's not a very beautiful baby, in my opinion. And she is definitively less beautiful than her father at the same age.:rolleyes:

strange ears? I do not understand that has of strange her ears.:confused:

Leonor is a very beautiful baby and cute. Her father is her father and she is she. :)

I think she's got her father's ears... and they don't look strange to me :)

Loli said:
I'm sorry but very honestly I can't say that I find Leonor beautiful. :( She has so strange ears. When I look at a picture of her, her ears are the only things I see.

She's rather cute but she's not a very beautiful baby, in my opinion. And she is definitively less beautiful than her father at the same age.:rolleyes:

Very honestly:p what are strange ears exactly ? Rabbit ones:rolleyes: elephant ones:rolleyes: or beautifull eight month litlle girls ones:D

It's always possible to don't find a baby beautiful but not because his ears which in this occurrence are totally normal.

It's quiet very curious that you can't see the Leonor's eyes when your are watching at this baby .....sometimes in the nature it exist so strange phenomenoms inexplicable:p :confused:

Cmon, all babies have big ears, if you don't know until 5 years old children have bigger the head than the body, so do babies! and don't try to find something against this baby, she is beautiful, or is envous.

Sorry to disagree with you Loli but that little gal is a beauty.

Stellad

What a beutiful child.... LIke her father...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom