Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha: June 7, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The persons who have Spanish International Television can see it in the program " Por la Mañana"

I'm watching it... it's also on TVE International.

Infanta Leonor is wearing white gown (sleveless), and Letizia is wearing white jacket over black skirt.
Letizia is holding Leonor.

they're gonna start the ceremony now..

i don't know what Letizia is doing to Leonor.. it's so cute. she's trying to move & playing with Leonor's mouth.

she is a very alert and calm little girl, looking around and not crying even if the were shouting and clapping at here from the press and crowd. She looks heavy though, Letizia looks likee hse is struggeling to hold her when she moves:D I wish the presenter would shut up during the singing though:mad:

oooh that was short and fast

Last edited:
Just then Felipe hold Leonor and lift her up to present to the Virgen de Atocha.
The crown claps over that.
the ceremony is over now and they're leaving the church.

Larzen said:
she is a very alert and calm little girl, looking around and not crying even if the were shouting and clapping at here from the press and crowd. She looks heavy though, Letizia looks likee hse is struggeling to hold her when she moves:D I wish the presenter would shut up during the singing though:mad:

PLEEEEEAAASE
Can somebody add a snapshot? I do not have Spanish TV

Thanks

In a minute, fandeacs2003.
I'm sure in short time the pictures will start to appear.

They're now outside for a photo shoot with many many photographers.
hmm.. i wonder how many pictures they're able to take in less than 5 minutes. A lot, i'm sure!

I agree with Larzen. Leonor is definitely one calm & alert little girl. She's just so serene..

haha.. looks like Felipe learn not to carry Leonor into the car. (remember that bump incident back in Mallorca?).
He gave leonor back to her mommy, and they just get inside the car to left Atocha.
Before then, they took the time to face to crowd outside the church and gave a glimpse of Leonor for them.

There were a lot of photographs...I hope we can see a lot of photos.
Leonor was very beautiful and cute...she looks everything around, specially the singers in the church.
And when they were going out, everybody wanted to touch her and many people touched her and she didn't cry...incredible.

You can see the first image in 20minutos (a spanish online newspaper )

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/128006/0/Principes/llevan/Infanta/

So cute ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl is beautiful!!!! And her parents enchanted !!!!!! :D

In the televisions they all have emphasized that the girl is beautiful, that she is very calm and is very attentive to everything.

The Principes enchanted with the girl. The Princess was speaking the whole moment to her in order that the girl was calm.

Little Leonor at TELEMADRID.es.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_basilica_atocha_infanta_virgen_918437.htm

Princes come Basilica Atocha to present Infanta Virgin

The Princes of Asturias came at 11.15 hours to the Basilica of Our Lady of Atocha to present the Virgin to their first-born one, the Infanta Leonor, and to expire of this form with a tradition of the Spanish Royal Family who goes back a XVIIth century.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, who was taking in arms the small Leonor, were got by the cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, and by the friars Dominicans Jose Martin and Manuel Santos, priors of the convent and provincial, respectively.

Also they were waiting for the numerous civil Princes of Asturias who showed them their fondness at their entry to the temple, where the own Prince Felipe was presented before the Virgin to a few days of his birth.

Oh! The act has been so nice and sweet.
The princess has been very attentive and affectionate with her daughter.
Even in the entry to the church letizia says to the Preincipe Felipe , That the girl was weighing very much, and The Princess has said to her daughter to the ear and in sweet tone " Yuo are very rather fat my love "
It has been a sweet, that so nice family

Last edited:
What a cutie!!! My mother asked me to go shopping, but I wanted to see the act in TV and was shouting at her and she told me I was unnormal because I want to see a Spanish kid:( So I had to go to the shop and I didn't see it:(:(:( But the girl is beautiful and big:)

Nice pic from abc:

More from abc

leonor-20060607062740.jpg

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 787
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 594
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 918
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 596
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 558
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 733
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
How sweet she looks. She is an absolute doll.

Oooooooooooooooooh!!! Leooo!!! She is sooo sweeeett!!! I want to hold her!!!!

Where are you adelaide?!!!! How come that you are so late?!!!!

The best of the act, it has been to see haw the princess was speaking constant with her daughter and the gestures of fondness and tenderness towards Leonor.
Im so sorry for all those who could not have seen it in alive, it has been very nice

More from abc

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 442
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 554
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Paty said:
The best of the act, it has been to see haw the princess was speaking constant with her daughter and the gestures of fondness and tenderness towards Leonor.
Im so sorry for all those who could not have seen it in alive, it has been very nice

Don't say that, Paty:eek: . LaChica is about to have a nervous breakdown ;)...

But, please tell us more, how did Leonor reacted with mum words, was she paying attention or more interested on the surroundings, how did the Princes lived the act of presentation itself were they recogidos (can't remember the word in English)... Tell us what have you seen, inside and outside of Basilica, please :)... Who touched the baby?! How did she react?! please Paty, tell us all, seems like you lived it so intensily, you're the one to make the report. please

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

P.S. - Princess Letizia can't take her hands from her baby, she is all the time touching her arm and hand... but who can blame her?! Leonor is sweetie...

Last edited:
Leonor is a beautiful baby! Such a sweet family and it seems Leonor was perfectly behaved throughout (which I'm sure was a relief to her parents!;) ) These are gorgeous pictures and I love seiing them.

mtbcm said:

But, please tell us more, how did Leonor reacted with mum words, was she paying attention or more interested on the surroundings, how did the Princes lived the act of presentation itself were they recogidos (can't remember the word in English)... Tell us what have you seen, inside and outside of Basilica, please :)... Who touched the baby?! How did she react?! please Paty, tell us all, seems like you lived it so intensily, you're the one to make the report. please

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Leonor was totally calm, during the ceremony she was in arms of her mother. It was hot and with the weight of the girl one saw that already it finds it hard to Letizia to take her. The girl was listening to her mother, who was speaking to her in order that she was calm. The girl was very attentive to everything what had around, was looking backward to the place where the monks were that made her nice gestures.

They let enter people in the basilica, and to the slair some of them tried to touch to the girl, but her father was attentive in order that nothing was happening.

Leonor still when she is in arms of her father stretches the arm to look for mom. The girl turns pale, not neither with the unknown people, nor with the shouts, nor with the photographers ... it is incredible.

Last edited:
mtbcm said:

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

P.S. - Princess Letizia can't take her hands from her baby, she is all the time touching her arm and hand... but who can blame her?! Leonor is sweetie...

In the Church there were many people, normal people, public inspectors of the church and neighbors of the neighborhood.

The princess Letizia has had all the time Leonor in her arms. Leonor was more dependent on the surroundings, that of what her mother was saying to her.
Later the Prince to loaded to Leonor, the priest has given the benediction in the forehead and later they have gone out of the Church.

When the Princes were going out for the central Corridor of the Church all the persons who were in the interior have touched Leonor and the Princes.
Leonor has been at all time very interested on the people and on the Priests, the clothes of the priests have been called her very much her attention.

Last edited:
lula said:
They let enter people in the basilica,
So it was just whatever people wanted to be there in the basilica? Neighbors and parishoners? That's nice.

Hello, where is adelaide?! :D

From casa real (other pics were posted previously, so just this one:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom