Presentation of Infanta Leonor: November 7, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A truly beautiful family; a wonderfully adorable baby; and two parents verily bursting with happiness. I can't belive anyone would be so petty as to try to find fault with that happiness. Geez!

To all those who have worked so hard posting photos and articles, thank you. I've seen still more, but want to make sure they are a significantly different--bandwidth and all--before I post.

Infanta Leonor is very cute...! congratulations again to the Royal Family

Elsa M. said:
Yes, they are glamorous and warm, but apropriate to the image of a royal family. That's what I like the most about them: we don't confuse them with celebraties. They are obviously very close as a family and yet they are the very face of the heads of State. Just perfect!
I agree. Warm and elegant images, and you can see the happiness radiating from their faces, but not trying to look like your average celebrity posing for People or Hello magazine. These will, after all, be the official image of the family past down to history. They are wonderful images.

She is too cute for words. I want to pinch those chubby cheeks. :)

She certainly will have a lot of playmates near her age from every royal family around and some of their extended branches as well.

The AFP wire story (illustrated with one of today's official images from the Palace)

Spain's newborn royal takes a bow
MADRID (AFP) - Spaniards got their first glimpse of Leonor, daughter of Princess Letizia and heir to the throne Prince Felipe, as the royal couple left the clinic where she was born a week ago to showed her off to the public.

Beaming from ear to ear, former television news presenter Letizia left the private Ruber International clinic where she gave birth by Caesarean section to La Infanta Leonor in a private maternity clinic a week ago

"I feel very happy, just great. She's precious," said Letizia, clad in a cream trouser suit, on leaving the clinic just after midday (1100 GMT).

"She's fine, she's quiet," she added of the baby on her arm, who slept soundly through the media hubbub.

"She's eating well -- and sleeps all the time," said Felipe, likewise smiling broadly.

The child is second in line to the throne after 37-year-old Felipe but can only become queen if Spain undertakes constitutional reform to end the male primacy enshrined in its succession laws.

Felipe benefited from the current arrangement to become heir in preference to two older sisters.

Likewise, without reform, if Leonor has a brother he would move ahead of her in line for the throne.

omg....she's really pretty!!!!! and does have kinda chubby cheeks....haha...i want to take a pinch.....

This has been my first chance to pop in here all day (I was dying to come over to check out what Leonor looked like all day!). But it has been well worth the wait! Little Leonor is absolutely adorable! She has the most round, tranquil face! I think she must be the most adorable little baby I have ever seen! (I am gushing like I am a proud aunt or something! :p )

I can't decide if she looks more like Felipe or Letizia as a baby. I think she has a good mix of both.

The official pictures from Casa Real are absolutely wonderful! I love that both sets of grandparents were included in the photo shoot. The King and Queen look so happy!

I also never realized how much I "missed" Letizia during this past week she was in the hospital. I'm so used to seeing pictures of her daily with the busy schedule she kept that you really notice a week Letizia-less!

Thanks to everyone for all the pretty pictures! I really enjoyed them! :)

Moderators--I think these photos are all somewhat different (there are soooo many it's hard to keep track), but if I'm wrong, please remove what you must. They are from newscom/sipa press:

I love the one w/Felipe's huge grin.

Attachments

• gamma264417.jpg
    gamma264417.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 173
  • sipaphotos323182.jpg
    sipaphotos323182.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 186
  • sipaphotos323251.jpg
    sipaphotos323251.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia!! :) :)
Infanta Leonor is absolutely GOrgeous!

I don't think I've ever seen a new born baby look so pretty! :)
I guess that's what you get when both your parents are very handsome! :)

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW! Leonor is a stunning baby. Thank you all for those wonderful pictures. What a perfect end to a stressful day!! Once again, congrats to Felipe and Letizia

She looks like a mini female version of Letizia's dad, don't you think?

both mother and daughter look beautiful!

i think leonar looks very much like letizia's father but she has letizia's lips i think and also a bit of felipe. but whoever she takes after, she sure is adorable.

This first presentation probably one of the most coverage royal babies coverage... :) :)

3 more from hola.es :

Attachments

• leonor12a.jpg
    leonor12a.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 218
  • leonor13a.jpg
    leonor13a.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 277
  • leonor14a.jpg
    leonor14a.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 216
Princess Letizia: "You can't explain the emotions behind being a mother"

Princess Letizia and her daughter Leonor, second in line to the Spanish throne, left the Ruber clinic just after noon yesterday, a week after Leonor's birth. A crowd of hundreds awaited them, as this was the first glimpse the public and the media have had of the King's new granddaughter. Prince Felipe and his wife expressed their happiness and said the baptism would take place after Christmas, though they have not decided on a date. Letizia said, with Leonor in her arms, "You can't explain the emotions of being a mother, you have to experience it." Leonor has brown hair and blue eyes, and slept through the photo and interview session. Princess Letizia says that she is well, but has the typical discomfort associated with a Caesarian birth. Neither Felipe nor Letizia said who they think the baby looks like, though they said she was "beautiful and very calm." Letizia said that she will return to her official duties as soon as possible, depending on how Leonor's nursing goes, as the princess has been breast-feeding her. Letizia said she wanted "more than two children and fewer than five," and that they had chosen the name Leonor because Felipe liked it.
http://www.spainherald.com/2005-11-08news.html#1959

can anybody please show me again the photo where we can see baby-cot of la infanta leonor inside the car?
the link provided from polfoto (in this forum) doesn't see to work..
thanks..

Leonor's photos…

carlota said:
am i the only one who thinks leonor's little face looks different in those pics than when we saw her before in the morning?

No, the inside photos are sooo much better !! She is beautiful in those photos, not all scrunched up like the outside shots… :)

And thanks to all of you for posting them for us !! :)

Again congratulations to the parents! She's an adorable baby! So precious looking! ^^

Here there are some more pics I´ve found. I´m new so if I do something wrong please tell me :) . I live in Spain so as soon as the magazines are out I will scan all the pics.

Sources: EFE, Europa Press, Cover​

Welcome on forum annaraikko!:) You have posted beautiful pics. And it's great for us to have another "informator" from Spain.:D

I suposse that there will be more official photos with the other member of the royal family no?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Welcome on forum annaraikko!:) You have posted beautiful pics. And it's great for us to have another "informator" from Spain.:D

Thanks for your warm welcome, so happy to be here :) .
The official pics with all the family (King and Queen, and Letizia´s parents for sure) were made yesterday in the evening. I think magazines are out already but haven´t checked yet. As soon as I got them I´ll scan them. SHE´S SUCH A CUTIE!!!

Cute cute girl. But when will we have a chance to see her again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom