News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you all think so. I'm fairly conservative when it comes to fashion.

" The Spanish National Public Television station (responsible for the video feed to any one who wants to air the wedding) announced today that every member of the Organization of Iberoamerican Telecommunications has expressed their desire to broadcast live the wedding between Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz. This organization includes television stations from all over South and Central America, as well as Spanish speaking USA stations. Specifically mentioned were stations from: the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador and Guatamala. "

That means TVEI!

Originally posted by Dennism@Feb 10th, 2004 - 10:44 am
For those of you who want to see some of the previous designs from the designer, check out this link:

IML

I'm not terribly impressed.
:huh: Well........his designs are certainly different! I look forward to seeing what he will do. He's a little older than I imagined............... :lol:

Invitations for the Spanish wedding have been sent out. (Originally posted by Ademar at the Glittering Royals MB.)

From the King and Queen of Spain

Invitation, part 2

From Letizia's parents

CEREMONIA RELIGIOSA Y ALMUERZO
La Casa Real comienza a enviar las invitaciones para la boda del Príncipe

ELMUNDO.ES

MADRID.- La Casa Real ha comenzado ya a enviar las invitaciones de la boda del Príncipe Felipe y Letizia Ortiz. Los afortunados recibirán tres tarjetas diferentes, una firmada por los Reyes, otra del Jefe de la Casa Real y una tercera remitida por los padres de Letizia Ortiz.

Las tres invitaciones utilizan el mismo tipo de tarjeta blanca y han sido impresas con letra inglesa. En la primera de ellas, vertical, el jefe de la Casa del Rey, Alberto Aza, invita a los asistentes a la ceremonia religiosa que se celebrará el sábado 22 de mayo en la Catedral de La Almudena a las 11.00 de la mañana.

En la segunda, horizontal, con el escudo real en relieve dorado, como la anterior, y con el canto dorado también, los Reyes invitan al almuerzo posterior que se tendrá lugar en el Palacio Real y cuyo inicio ha sido fijado a las 14.30. En estas dos invitaciones, se exige chaqué a los caballeros y traje corto a las señoras.

La tercera y última tarjeta la remiten Jesús Ortiz y Paloma Rocasolano, padres de la novia. En ella, 'participan' del enlace de su hija con el Príncipe Felipe.

La Casa Real no hará pública ninguna lista oficial de invitados, ni siquiera cuando éstos hayan confirmado su asistencia al enlace. Unos días antes de la boda, difundirá los 'grupos' que estarán presentes en la boda real pero será tarea de los espectadores hacer el recuento de quién acude al enlace y quién no.

Las invitaciones para los representantes de Gobiernos extranjeros se han remitido a través de las embajadas de España en cada uno de sus países, según han confirmado desde la legación británica en Madrid.

En el caso de las casas reales, no hay una fórmula concreta para proceder a la invitación. Según fuentes de Buckinham Palace, con cada una de ellas se emplea un procedimiento diferente. En el caso de la británica, se trata como un asunto privado sobre el que no existe protocolo establecido y lo más probable es que la invitación se realice de manera personal entre los monarcas.

Originally posted by Dennism@Mar 29th, 2004 - 9:21 pm
" The Spanish National Public Television station (responsible for the video feed to any one who wants to air the wedding) announced today that every member of the Organization of Iberoamerican Telecommunications has expressed their desire to broadcast live the wedding between Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz. This organization includes television stations from all over South and Central America, as well as Spanish speaking USA stations. Specifically mentioned were stations from: the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador and Guatamala. "

That means TVEI!
Did they also mentioned the Dutch Television or the Belgian Television???

I don`t know. I know it will be on German TV too. I think ARD. Sorry.

How about TVE? Not TVE1 but just TVE? Will they be airing it? Coz we only get that channel from our place... Thanks for the infor, I'm looking forward to watching the wedding ALL day! hahahaha

Probably. Depends on where you are.

Originally posted by Dennism@Apr 5th, 2004 - 1:09 am
I don`t know. I know it will be on German TV too. I think ARD. Sorry.
Don't mind, we have also ARD overhere ;)

I already to happy that I can watch it :lol:

Hi, does anyone know where I can watch the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia from Canada? Or better yet, does anyone know where I can get TVE or TVE1?? I don't have any spanish channels on my television and it's driving me crazy trying to find one! Any info will be very very helpful... THANKS!!!

You can not get TVEI in Canada, I am sorry to report.

Dennism  Posted: Apr 11th, 2004 - 11:49 pm
Madraga  Posted: Apr 11th, 2004 - 9:11 pm

Hi, does anyone know where I can watch the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia from Canada? Or better yet, does anyone know where I can get TVE or TVE1?? I don't have any spanish channels on my television and it's driving me crazy trying to find one! Any info will be very very helpful... THANKS!!!

You can not get TVEI in Canada, I am sorry to report.

Actually ..... Dennism .... it depends where you live in Canada Madraga !

In the Toronto or Montreal area where lots of Italians (and Spaniards and Portugese) live, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the specialty channels might carry it. Like in the Toronto area, I was quite surprised to see a lot of TFN (?) - an Italian carrier.

So, again, check your specialty cable TV channels, and see what's available from your cable TV provider. It might be worth it to subscribe for one subscription period to a few more specialty channels.

How about here in the Vancouver area? I've been trying so hard and giving every cable company a call to ask about TVE, but I can't seem to find any. They have TeleLatino, which is not really Spanish but Italian. If anyone can recommend a cable company with TVE or at least any Spanish channel that's sure to cover the wedding...that'll be great!! Thanks!

You can also try a channel from another european country, maybe you can recieve those channels in Canada.
I'm from Holland and we can usually watch royal wedding reports on one of our channels on tv.
:idea:

Originally posted by Madraga@Apr 11th, 2004 - 9:11 pm
You may want to try CFMT or OMNI (1 or 2).. In Ontario, or at least Horseshoe Region, it's one of the multicultural stations. I know that they have a lot of spanish programs and they MAY preempt the regular show for the wedding.

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Apr 12th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
You may want to try CFMT or OMNI (1 or 2).. In Ontario, or at least Horseshoe Region, it's one of the multicultural stations.  I know that they have a lot of spanish programs and they MAY preempt the regular show for the wedding.

If you e-mail/write/call to these channels (both owned by Rogers) and voice your interest in the progamming, and enough other people in the area call they might arrange to buy the rights to air it if they have not yet.

Also, I think King Christian was referring to TLN, the all- Spanish/Italian programming channel. It is Channel 35 on Rogers 1 and 2, Channel 28 on Rogers 3 and Channel 18 on Cogeco. If they do not carry the wedding in its entireity, I'm sure they will carry extensive coverage--much more than the 36 second clip you'll get on CNN or the CBC, Global or other local/national news broadcast. (Good thought King Christian! :flower: )

April 14, 2004 - Hello Magazine

Spain Awash With Royal Wedding Souvenirs

As the May 22 nuptials of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe draw closer, souvenir producers on the peninsula are having a field day with the likeness of the hunky 36-year-old royal and his former newsreader bride-to-be Letizia Ortiz. Portraits of the young couple now adorn everything from commemorative plates and mugs to thimbles, board games and T-shirts. There is even a special store located near to the palace selling only souvenirs with motifs related to the wedding and the Spanish royal family.

Items on offer range from pens and keychains to a white gold or silver replica of the pair's engagement ring - the original's diamonds replaced by zirconite. There's also a commemorative orange-blossom fragrance and a series of "Royal Air" fans. With excitement over the ceremony growing, some ordinary Madrid residents are also managing to cash in on the event. Those with homes affording views of the palace or the Almudena Cathedral where Felipe and Letizia will plight their troth, are making the most of their good fortune by renting out their homes as vantage points from which to watch the wedding day festivities. Tying the knot with her handsome royal beau will place 31-year-old Letizia - who is a Spanish native from the north of the country - in line to become Spain's first queen with no royal or aristocratic blood.

Photos of Souvenirs:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/...dding-dop1a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/...dding-dop2a.jpg

I live in NYC and I have spanish channels. I was just wondering do you guys think that they would broadcast the wedding?

Originally posted by Mascha@Apr 12th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
You can also try a channel from another european country, maybe you can recieve those channels in Canada.
I'm from Holland and we can usually watch royal wedding reports on one of our channels on tv.
:idea:
It looks like that our Dutch tv-stations doens't broadcast the weddings. The German station ARD does, so we have to look to the German one.

I thought they didn't have wedding rehearsals in Spain.

Here's the link to Imagine Scandinavia's photos of the wedding rehearsal.

Link: Imagine Scandinavia

Madraga  Posted: Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:11 pm

How about here in the Vancouver area? I've been trying so hard and giving every cable company a call to ask about TVE, but I can't seem to find any. They have TeleLatino, which is not really Spanish but Italian. If anyone can recommend a cable company with TVE or at least any Spanish channel that's sure to cover the wedding...that'll be great!! Thanks!
Hey Madraga ... if you find out it which channel, let me know, eh ? I'm pretty sure Surrey would be the same as Vancouver ?

Sure thing, King Christian....you do the same too. Although...lemme just say that it's not quite easy to find a Spanish Channel...other than TeleLatino.

http://www.hello-magazine.com/royalty/2004...ortiz-dop1a.jpg

16 APRIL 2004
As her May 22 wedding day approaches, former newsreader Letizia Ortiz has been kept busy with preparations for her marriage to Spain's Crown Prince Felipe.

On Thursday, she and her intended, accompanied by their respective mothers, Paloma Roscasolano and Queen Sofia, stopped by Madrid's Almudena cathedral to check on preparations for next month's ceremony. While there they inspected five recently arrived bells, due to ring out after the ceremony.

Coincidently, as the Spanish couple toured the venue for their nuptials, their northern counterparts, Crown Prince Frederik and his Tasmanian-born fiancee Mary Donaldson, were performing the same task in Copenhagen. The Danish couple will tie the knot on May 14.

Later on the same day, Letizia had another very important appointment to keep. Accompanied once more by Queen Sofia and her own mother – but in keeping with tradition, not her husband-to-be – the 31-year-old future bride visited the Barcelona workshop of renowned Spanish couturier Manuel Pertegaz for a fitting of her wedding gown.

Despite immense speculation over its design, details of the dress are a closely guarded secret, with the 87-year-old maestro revealing only that it will be either white or ivory in colour, feature a modest neckline and have long sleeves.

Source: Hello!

It was not even six months ago when the Spanish royal family made the surprise announcement that one of Europe's most eligible bachelors, Crown Prince Felipe, would marry TV newsreader Letizia Ortiz on May 22. And it didn't take long for details to emerge of plans for a spectacular springtime wedding that will see an estimated 5,600 media organisations descend on Madrid and attract an estimated one billion TV spectators all around the world.

An Inside Look at all the Exciting Preparation for the Spanish Royal Wedding

the wedding in numbers

La celebración del enlace, en cifras

2,5 millones de euros es el coste total de la boda.
87.000 euros por el alquiler de la cubertería, vajilla, cristalería, mantelería y sillas.
1,3 millones de euros para el cubrimiento del Patio del Príncipe
275.000 euros para la instalación de aseos químicos.
825.000 euros para la decoración de la Catedral de la Almudena y el Patio de la Armería.
1.400 invitados al banquete en el Patio del Príncipe.
129 mesas para comensales y un principal.
1.400 sillas de color ocre con el asiento en color crudo.
8 o 10 invitados se sentarán en cada una de las mesas.
30 invitados, aproximadamente, se sentarán en la mesa principal.
2.500 metros cuadrados de superficie en el Patio del Príncipe.
1 millón de metros cúbicos es el espacio que ocupa el Patio del Príncipe.
5 trailers han transportado la estructura metálica de la carpa.
40.000 kilos pesa la estructura metálica de la carpa.
55x24 metros mide la tela más extensa de la carpa.
32 metros de altura entre el suelo y la carpa.
80 tapices y 72 reposteros serán instalados en la Catedral de la Almudena y en el Palacio Real.
8 botiquines móviles, 4 médicos, y ats uvis móviles y bomberos.
500 uniformes de camarero.
54 aseos químicos.
2 costureras para atender urgencias en los trajes.
40 operarios trabajan actualmente en el Patio del Príncipe.
1.500 empleados de patrimonio nacional volcados en la preparación del enlace.
22 días permanecerá cerrado el palacio real a los visitantes para el montaje y desmontaje de todos los elementos.
250 personas asistirán a la cena anterior a la boda, que se celebrará en el patio de los borbones del Palacio de El Pardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom