News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and Letizia is not getting any younger. If F&L want to have 2-5 children, they need to get cracking! ;)

Had my first child at 32, got preggy 2nd month of trying and had my youngest at 37, who was an oops. I guess I just lucked out. No special treatments or doctors needed.

:eek:
What I looked like with a positive home preggy test(both times!)

some women do NOT show their pregnancy --some you barely see or notice!

While the majority have large protrudeing bellies...so who knows? only astuteness
and time will tell.speaking of a catholic nation++lookat Italy and how fast
Filibetto and Cloitille married and she was pregnant!

eorge  Posted: Nov 25th, 2003 - 2:26 am

some women do NOT show their pregnancy --some you barely see or notice!
George, I have observed the same thing myself.

imo the taller and more substantial ladies don't have obvious pregnancies ... Mette-Merit would fall into this category.

smaller women as a rule look like (as the wife of my cousin said), "an onion on a beanpole" .... and imo this would apply to Letizia.

slightly OT, What I find amazing is how most women find a graceful way of carrying their pregnancy. A minority come across as being awkward, and I wonder why ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 25th, 2003 - 4:08 pm
A minority come across as being awkward, and I wonder why ?
:doh: Why would some look the pain and discomfort pregnancy put a lot of women through ? Why ? :lol:

In a global perspectiv becoming pregnant and deliver children are real healthrisks to women - which causes millions of women / girls early death - and even more millions women / girls disabilities for life.

To make it royal :p
- think of the dramatic delivery Countess Sophie experienced this month
- think of the troubled pregnancy of Crown Princess Maxima

BTW Mette-Marit has a belly according to her due date 22.january - not a hidden one there ! You have noticed M-M has the pregnant look always ? When she is not as slim as she was 2001, that is :rolleyes:

But to the topic - I do not believe Letizia is pregnant now :shock:

The late Diana's brother married a likewise skinny woman - she managed to deliver 4 children in that marriage - so some women with Letizia-skinnyness may give birth - but I do not think they have started one yet ;)

My thoughts are more in the line of :
Why not choose april ?
Nothing official yet about Johan Friso and Mabel's supposed wedding then ...

About this wedding date I really laughed at a post (sorry I could not find it to quote it properly)

Why the delay - valentines day 14. february is free !

I think with each pregnancy you carry different. My first I went "wide", my behind was noticeably bigger by the 5th month and a week before I had my son no one thought I was close to my due date. The second I just went straight out with a big belly and actually was able to just wear bigger clothes instead of maternity clothes.

Speaking of being skinny, look at Sarah Jessica Parker. How you can walk in 4 inch heels when pregnant is beyond me.

I think they choose the week after the Danish Royal wedding to show up Freddy & Mary. I just think it's plain rude to have it so close.(Maybe they didn't want Mary & Fred to attend)

www.hellomagazine.com

Felipe and Letizia announce wedding date

24 NOVEMBER 2003
Spain's Prince Felipe and his new fiancée Letizia Ortiz have announced the date of their wedding. The 35-year-old royal will marry his newsreader love on May 22 next year.

The announcement puts an end to fevered speculation as to when the couple, who will tie the knot at a midday ceremony in Madrid's spectacular Almudena Cathedral, would make their vows.

It had been rumoured that the future king would marry in June, but the couple have already shown they are anything but predictable. The enamoured pair stunned Spain with the sudden announcement of their engagement on November 1.

Letizia, who is already one of the country's best-known TV personalities, is a divorcee without any royal or aristocratic links. She is highly respected for her journalistic work, however, and the people of Spain have warmly embraced her as their future Queen.

Her marriage to the dashing Prince Felipe will come just a week after Prince Frederik of Denmark and his betrothed, Australian Mary Donaldson, say "I do" in Copenhagen.

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:57 pm
I knew it was hot. And of course, the Olympics. What a dumb idea to have them in Athens in August.
About as stupid as having them in Atlanta in August. I have friends from there and they couldn't figure out how they pulled that one.

i am going to be patriotic now!it's not a dump idea at all to have the olympics in athens in august.all the summer olympic games take place at around that time.august is the main month of holidays for the greeks so they will be able to attend the competitions.as for the hot weather...we going to have young fit athletes competing not 80 year old grannies ,so they should be ok!the olympic games are a test of stamina and physical excelence anyway.

Originally posted by Starr+Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Starr @ Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:57 pm
I knew it was hot. And of course, the Olympics. What a dumb idea to have them in Athens in August.
About as stupid as having them in Atlanta in August. I have friends from there and they couldn't figure out how they pulled that one. [/b][/quote]
I was with my family in Atlanta for the Olympics, the weather was not so bad. Just remember to keep yourself hydrated. NO soda, drink water.

Hey Gena Davis is having TWINS (of all things) at 47!

Originally posted by chanel@Dec 12th, 2003 - 1:38 am
yeah i knew who she is!

i watch her movie in Stuart Little 1 and 2 its good movie but she become first time at 45 year old then now she pregnant at 47 i cant do that! she lucky! I like her movie she tall about Diana's height! I think so!

Sara Boyce

I agree with you, I think that they are getting married May 22nd just to show up Mary and Fred.... I feel bad for Mary and Fred! That would suck to announce your wedding date and then for your buddy to announce his darn wedding to someone he barley knew just days after yours would suck... Maybe they did it that way so that Mary and Fred wouldn't attend because of the hype for their nuptuals.... Shame on Felipe and Letizia for being inconsiderate to Mary and Frederik....

Same about the engagments also, notice that as soon as Frederik announced his Oct Engagment, Felipe had to pop out with his early Nov Engagment to a stranger...... Sad huh? I honestly think that the majority of it if not all of it is just to show Fred up, if I am the only one who sees this that is sad!

There was alot of factors that made that the wedding be in middle May (firstly was settle to the end of May, but there was already the wedding of the crown Prince of Jordan) and not in June. There will be elections to the european parliament in Spain in June. You can't have a royal wedding in the middle of a political campaing. The Euro 2004, as many know, soccer is a huge thing in Spain, and the royal house waited until know if the national team was qualified to decide a date. The intire country will be with the eyes in the Euro, alot of people will travel to Portugal and this will take all the attetion of spaniards (and the royal wedding must be the number one thing there B) ) Them, the logistic problem with the tv coverage. TVE will send to Portugal half of their material and staff to cover the champioships and this is almost what TVE will need to cover the royal wedding. Would be impossible to TVE cover two major events like this at the same time (it's known that TVE asked to the royal house the favour to not made the wedding in June because the Euro). If Spain didn't had qualified for the Euro, the wedding would have been in early June (most probably, saturday, June 5th) and not in May 22nd ;) .

And the wedding was to be announced only in December, not in earlier November :p

" I was with my family in Atlanta for the Olympics, the weather was not so bad. Just remember to keep yourself hydrated. NO soda, drink water."

Yes, but Gabriella you go to FSU. Being there would be quite warm for many people though.

Yes, xicamaluca, and Spain has a chance to win it this time. No, wait. We can say that for practically every European championships. Let's hope the 40th anniversary of 1964's victory will be fortunate for the team then.

But it's not just the heat in Athens. It's also the smog.

Souvenirs created the Princes of Asturias' wedding

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2003/...8/letiziaortiz/

Letizia's sweet treat a sellout in Spain

18 DECEMBER 2003
Her wedding to Crown Prince Felipe is five months down the road, but TV newsreader Letizia Ortiz has already found a sweet spot in the heart of her future subjects.

In what promises to be just the beginning of "Letizia-mania", the Spanish public has snapped up a series of candies created in her honour.

The limited-edition almond-flavoured "Doña Letizia" bars were created by Vicente Alonso to be sold at his café in the future princess' home region of Asturias. Over ten kilos of the hand-made nougat-like holiday sweet, called turron, flew off the shelves in just a few hours.

Meanwhile, Felipe got his own taste of his bride's popularity as he met with directors of first division Spanish team Atletico Madrid. The handsome heir to the throne received a football kit, breaking into a smile after unfolding the shirt to reveal that the name emblazoned across the back read "Letizia".

Spaniards snapped up the entire batch of a limited-edition almond sweets named after Crown Prince Felipe's fiancée in just a few hours - Photo: © AFP

The prince was surprised with a football kit emblazoned with his future wife's name as he met with soccer bigwigs in Madrid - Photo: © PA

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:40 pm
CATEDRAL DE LA ALMUDENA DE MADRID JJS / ©KORPA 02/11/03 MADRID
What a lovely church ~ filled with history. I wonder if Letizia will be having "practice sessions" walking down the aisle with a long sheet as Diana, Princess of Wales, did. It looks as though the aisle is quite a long walk to the alter. Maybe it will depend on how long Letizia's bridal train will be. :heart:

Elizajane

Originally posted by chanel@Dec 12th, 2003 - 1:38 am
I hope she has an excellent OB/Gyn physician to guide her through this pregnancy! Quite rare for a woman of 47 to have twins! ... expecially on a "first pregnancy". My best wishes and concerns that she will have an easy time of it She probably will be confined to her bed most of the time, however, that is only my humble opinion. Good luck, Geena and her husband! ;)

Elizajane

That's a highly risky thing Geena Davis is doing. After you reach the age of 35 you have a significant increase in the chance of Down Syndrome, not to mention life-threatening to the mother. I hope it works out, though.

It's not considered "highly risky" in the US. And this is not her first pregnancy--she had her first child just last year. There is of course the increase chances of complications, and certain birth defects, but it's not all that uncommon. I have a lot of friends who had their first child at 40 or later.

Hello

A Passion-Filled Wedding Cake for Felipe of Spain

13 JANUARY 2004
A Madrid pastry chef is savouring the sweet taste of victory after winning a contest to find the perfect cake for the springtime wedding of Crown Prince Felipe and TV newsreader Letitia Ortiz.

Competition to produce the new Prince of Asturias cake was stiff, with 10 finalists battling it out after a two-step contest judged by a panel of journalists and gourmets.

Francisco Somoza Estevez's winning confection – selected in a competition sponsored by the city's pastry craftsmanship association – is expected to be served at the May 22 wedding and should thereafter become a staple dessert on Spanish menus.

The Prince of Asturias cake consists of a base of almond sponge under several colourful layers – a passion fruit crème, raspberry sauce and rice pudding mousse – symbolising the Spanish national flag.

Topping the sweet creation will be a combination of symbols representing everything from the city where the nuptials take place – Madrid – to the number of children the prince and future princess might have.

Among the decorations completing the cake will be the Prince of Asturias coat of arms, the shield of the royal house, two wedding rings and a pair of blooms representing the bride and groom. And finishing off the array of symbols will be four smaller flowers. "Since the prince told us that he was hoping to have between two and five children," explains the cake's creator, "let's see if we get the number right."

Attachments

• cake_dop1b.jpg
    cake_dop1b.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 288
Souvenirs created the Princes of Asturias' wedding

(Imagine Scandinavia). Madrid, Spain. Souvenirs to celebrate the Prince Felipe engagement Due to the coming wedding of Prince Felipe of Spain with Dª Letizia Ortiz, some souvenirs had been made. Dishes, ashtrays, thimbles...with the pictures of the couple are available for collectors, tourists and general public. This is another way to celebrate the engagement.

Attachments

• 15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_3.jpg
    15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_4.jpg
    15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_2.jpg
    15_Felipe_Ortiz_bryllup_2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
After a frenzied few months of speculation as to who would snag the plum job of designing Spanish princess-to-be Letizia Ortiz's wedding gown, one of the country's most venerated fashionistas has landed the commission.

In what the royal palace has called a "personal decision" by the former TV newsreader, Barcelona-based Manuel Pertegaz will create the dress for Letizia's May wedding to Crown Prince Felipe.

The 86-year-old couturier, who has dressed some of the world's best-known fashion icons, from Audrey Hepburn to Jaqueline Onassis, remains tight lipped on what the dress will look like. But, in light of what Pertegaz told Spanish newspaper El Mundo two months ago, royal watchers can expect an elegant and classic design.

In the interview, Pertegaz said Letizia, who has become known for wearing neutral tones and simple silhouettes, "should freely choose what she likes – there are no boundaries in fashion". However, he then remarked that he didn't think she should be a bride that "breaks any moulds", pointing out that royal protocol would have to be the main consideration.

The sentiment was reinforced by Pertegaz's comments after the future princess spent two hours at his workship this week. "She was very pleasant and she has a wonderful figure," said Pertegaz, who later added: "I don't think I would advise her to wear a gown that is too avant garde."

I presume she isn't going to stick to her usual and wear pants! :p

For those of you who want to see some of the previous designs from the designer, check out this link:

IML

I'm not terribly impressed.

Oh, I do hope he will do a much better job with Letizia's wedding dress than the designs shown here. Some of them are, um, interesting...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom