News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 21st, 2004 - 10:30 pm
I wonder if any Middle Eastern Royalty will be invited?? When Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece married, King Hussein and Queen Noor were there.
They're all invited. You can see their pictures at the pre-wedding gala dinner. The Jordanian royals especially are always present at such events, except for the wedding of Frederik and Mary last week.

i like spanish royal wedding better. it's more joyfull. even with all the royal children involved

Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 21st, 2004 - 10:30 pm
I wonder if any Middle Eastern Royalty will be invited?? When Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece married, King Hussein and Queen Noor were there.
Rania and Noor are there, as are other royals from the ME.

Originally posted by Alisa@May 21st, 2004 - 9:39 pm
For my fellow Americans ;) :

Univision will be re-airing the wedding at 3pm EST/2pm CEN :flower:
Did that already happen? I just came from Virginia, so I probably missed it.

No, the wedding hasn't even started yet (they've got 4 hours to go), so you haven't missed the big event!

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@May 21st, 2004 - 9:46 pm
.. she has not been made a princess yet .. so .. she will not wear a tiara is this correct?
Whether you are wearing a tiara or not has nothing to do with royalty. I know, that in Denmark, the court states in the invitation, if tiaras can be worn. If you are invited to an occasion, where tiaras can be worn, then it's simply a question of, whether you are the lucky owner of a tiara or not...

anecdotes about yesterday's gala dinner

from what i have seen

-we saw lots of times letizia curtsying to lots of members, something that we are not very used to... however, she didn't curtsy to naruhito at his arrival. also, when he arrived, it was seen how felipe regreted the absence of his wife, masako.
-letizia's grandmother was wearing sun glasses
-when their grandparents arrived, they were received with a big big hug by leti. one of the most emotional moments of the ceremony.
-some of the princesses, for example, madelaine, had problems when entering to the hall, they tripped with the carpet.
-letizia seems to have learnt lot of protocol these days. she was nearly bording perfection.
-when they received some of the young guests they were very confident with them, mostly seen with the greek royal family.

there will be buses in the hotel palace to bring guests to the cathedral. one of the people that we will see going off of these buses, will be noor of jordan, who is staying in this hotel.

Some lovely hats so far.

mario vargas llosa arrives.

also, arrives agatha ruiz de la prada (what a horrible dress!!)

Whether you are wearing a tiara or not has nothing to do with royalty. I know, that in Denmark, the court states in the invitation, if tiaras can be worn. If you are invited to an occasion, where tiaras can be worn, then it's simply a question of, whether you are the lucky owner of a tiara or not...

Traditionally only married women wore tiaras. The one exception was a bride on her wedding day because she went into the church unmarried and exited married (providing nothing went wrong)!

Originally posted by Jann@May 22nd, 2004 - 4:12 am

Traditionally only married women wore tiaras. The one exception was a bride on her wedding day because she went into the church unmarried and exited married (providing nothing went wrong)!
It can't be like that anymore. For instance Crownprincess Victoria always wears a tiara at full dress occasions.

It's a pity we won't see any big jewelleries today, as it is a morning-wedding.

Its tradition but times have changed.

For example, brides used to wear a nice dress suitable for the occasion. It then became fashionable to be white and now there is a whole style of wedding dresses that have no bearing to what is fashionable/appropriate to the tome of day. For example, some brides wear what is pretty much a white ball gown for a morning ceremony whist their guests are wearing day dresses. Also, while fashion has made day dresses short (well, not floor length anyway) wedding dresses are still mostly long.

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/s...55E3462,00.html

Danish newlyweds on wedding roundabout

21may04
NEWLYWEDS Mary and Frederik are set to cut short their honeymoon to attend the weekend wedding of the man who witnessed their first meeting.

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe will marry former TV news presenter Letizia Ortiz tomorrow in a ceremony set to rival last week's nuptials between Tasmania's Mary Donaldson and Denmark's heir to the throne.

Felipe and Frederik are close friends, both sharing the tag of playboy until they met their better halves.

They were drinking together at the Slip Inn during the 2000 Olympics on the night when then Sydney real estate agent and commoner Mary walked in and captured Frederik's heart.

According to those involved in the broadcast of the wedding, Frederik and Mary, who headed to Tanzania at the weekend, will jet in to join hundreds of others from Europe's royal houses and heads of government in Almudena Cathedral.

Two weddings within a week will send princesses scrambling into royal wardrobes searching for a new look and tiara.

Ortiz and Prince Felipe managed to keep quiet their courtship for some time.

Now, the glaring limelight has replaced all that secrecy as Prince Felipe and Ortiz head for the altar in a glittering royal wedding.

The couple met in late 2002 at a dinner party given by a Spanish TV executive who had produced a documentary on the prince. They started dating the following spring, and their engagement was announced in November.

As a journalist, Ortiz has covered everything from a catastrophic oil spill to the aftermath of the Iraq war. But now, the 31-year-old divorcee, whose mother is a union shop steward and whose grandfather drove a cab, is herself the news - and in line to be queen.

And for the 36-year-old prince, who had endured many a failed romance - all with commoners, some reportedly axed by his parents - it's a dream come true to marry the person he wanted, not one imposed on him.

Originally posted by wyldseraph@May 22nd, 2004 - 5:09 am
http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/s...55E3462,00.html

Danish newlyweds on wedding roundabout

21may04
NEWLYWEDS Mary and Frederik are set to cut short their honeymoon to attend the weekend wedding of the man who witnessed their first meeting.

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe will marry former TV news presenter Letizia Ortiz tomorrow in a ceremony set to rival last week's nuptials between Tasmania's Mary Donaldson and Denmark's heir to the throne.

Felipe and Frederik are close friends, both sharing the tag of playboy until they met their better halves.

They were drinking together at the Slip Inn during the 2000 Olympics on the night when then Sydney real estate agent and commoner Mary walked in and captured Frederik's heart.

According to those involved in the broadcast of the wedding, Frederik and Mary, who headed to Tanzania at the weekend, will jet in to join hundreds of others from Europe's royal houses and heads of government in Almudena Cathedral.

Two weddings within a week will send princesses scrambling into royal wardrobes searching for a new look and tiara.

Ortiz and Prince Felipe managed to keep quiet their courtship for some time.

Now, the glaring limelight has replaced all that secrecy as Prince Felipe and Ortiz head for the altar in a glittering royal wedding.

The couple met in late 2002 at a dinner party given by a Spanish TV executive who had produced a documentary on the prince. They started dating the following spring, and their engagement was announced in November.

As a journalist, Ortiz has covered everything from a catastrophic oil spill to the aftermath of the Iraq war. But now, the 31-year-old divorcee, whose mother is a union shop steward and whose grandfather drove a cab, is herself the news - and in line to be queen.

And for the 36-year-old prince, who had endured many a failed romance - all with commoners, some reportedly axed by his parents - it's a dream come true to marry the person he wanted, not one imposed on him.
Well, I haven't seen any signs of them yet - with the ceremony ongoing (hmm, is that the right phrase in english???) right now ;)

Some more souvenirs..........
1. watch
2. perfume
3. imitation Letizia's engagement ring (for your sweetheart and if you are cheap)
4. T-shirt and a fan

Attachments

• spain1.jpg
    spain1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 170
  • spain2.jpg
    spain2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 240
  • spain3.jpg
    spain3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 188
  • spain4.jpg