Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lucia a lot (because I love Lucy :lol: ) Infanta Lucia:wub:

How about Maria Isabel or Maria Antonia?:wub:

Well, considering that they don't give their children more than one name, I'd like to see:
Isobel
Carmen
Catalina

and if a boy:
Antonio
Carlos
Miguel

Sissi.81 said:
I like Eugenia, Sofia, Maria Victoria
Those are my three top choices!

We must think in Royal names...at least a name who could mean something important in Spain Bourbons family...

What about María Eugenia Sofia Isabel?

But, at least, the Princes of Asturias will decide all by themselves the names they wants. However, It could be possible that they visiti this site and choices some of our suggestions! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

These are some names that go back in the spanish royal family:

Victoria Eugenia
Maria de las Mercedes
Maria Luisa
Isabel

LadyK said:
Joan-- I have absolutely no idea. There is a Catalan name Joan, but that is usually a male name. There is also a Catalan and Portugese name, Joana, but I've never met anyone named that. It would be pronounced yo-aah-nuh

its Spanish equivalent would be Juana. i think Joana is a fairly popular name, and i like it too. but the letter J is pronounced like the letter H in the English alphabet.

LadyK said:
Eleonor--Eleonor {A-lay-o-nor (nor rhymes with door)}, Leonor {Lay-o-nor (nor rhymes with door)}

the way it is pronounced is different, if you're going to follow strictly the Spanish way of pronunciation. Eleonor would be {Eh-leo-nor} and Leonor would be {leo-nor} [just two syllables, le and o are not split, the sound of "e" and "o" is short, not like ey or oh]

hope that helped clear some things. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Juana is a very nice name but I don't think it's wise to name an infant that.
Historically, Juana of Castille was also called 'la loca' or Juana The Mad.
Yikes.

Vanesa said:
We must think in Royal names...at least a name who could mean something important in Spain Bourbons family...

What about María Eugenia Sofia Isabel?

But, at least, the Princes of Asturias will decide all by themselves the names they wants. However, It could be possible that they visiti this site and choices some of our suggestions! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

While discussing names I always have thought that royals don't even have to look up their family trees. Thye have to visit this forum and choose the name they like:ROFLMAO:

If they go with a royal name, I'd like it if they chose the name Munia. I also like Berenguela although I prefer the spelling of Berengaria. That way the Infanta could have the nickname of "Aria." I know it's Italian (and trendy and very unlikely), but I like the names Leonor and Aria together.

For a non royal name, I'm still stuck on Nuria.

According to the Princes they chose the name of Leonor from the book letizia gave to Felipe...
if they decide to choose the name from that book again then the new princess could be called, Ignacia, Gertrudis, Saturnina, Sinforosa...

Saturn said:
According to the Princes they chose the name of Leonor from the book letizia gave to Felipe....

What book?

The book that she gave to him for their engagement. It was a history book or something like that Im not sure.

LadyK said:
What book?

El Doncel de Don Enrique el Doliente.

One of the characters of the book (if I'm not mistaken, the mother of Don Enrique), was called Leonor.

The book Letizia gave Felipe on the day of the pedida de mano is called:
El doncel de don Enrique, el doliente.It's a beautiful book of 1850 by Mariano José de Larra. One of the main characters in the book is called Leonor, so many people believe that's where they got inspiration for their daughers name. Sweet isn't it. :wub:

I think The Infanta Lucia Isabella is a beautiful name, but maybe not for a royal baby! They may prefer something more traditional with a royal history. Although if I'm right Leonor's name wasn't after a family member:flowers:

princess leonor said:
The book Letizia gave Felipe on the day of the pedida de mano is called:
El doncel de don Enrique, el doliente.It's a beautiful book of 1850 by Mariano José de Larra. One of the main characters in the book is called Leonor, so many people believe that's where they got inspiration for their daughers name. Sweet isn't it. :wub:

Enrique, nicknamed "el Doliente" , was Enrique III of Castile, and he was the first Prince of Asturias. His mother was Leonor of Aragon. So Leonor, was the mother of the first Prince of Asturias.

Certainly, the first Princess of Asturias, was Catalina de Lancaster... Catalina can be a name for the future infanta.;)

lula said:
Enrique, nicknamed "el Doliente" , was Enrique III of Castile, and he was the first Prince of Asturias. His mother was Leonor of Aragon. So Leonor, was the mother of the first Prince of Asturias.

Certainly, the first Princess of Asturias, was Catalina de Lancaster... Catalina can be a name for the future infanta.;)

That sounds nice Lula, I'd like it very much for Leonor's sister to be named Catalina. La infanta Catalina. SOunds good to me:)

What about Lucrecia?
I like Catalina but i heard it has a bad connotation in Spain.

Like Juana, I don't think Lucrecia's a fitting name for an Infanta.
Juana of Castille was aka Juana La Loca.
The most famous Lucrecia of history was Lucrecia Borgia
aka Lucrecia la Puta. :< That is even worse than la Loca.

rosana said:
What about Lucrecia?
I like Catalina but i heard it has a bad connotation in Spain.

What negative connotation has it in Spain Catalina's name?:question: :eek:

lula said:
What negative connotation has it in Spain Catalina's name?:question: :eek:
Well, i cannot write it here,I read it on the Hola forum, if you want to see it for yourself: Apostemos por el nombre de la Infanta, pag 5, but it was just one poster who said it, the others disagree or know nothing. Much better because i love the name.

Last edited:
Lucia
Liana
Samanta or Sara (Sarita)
Laura or Lorna

If they go on with names begining with LE...... What are spain names begining with LE ?
Prince Felipe seems to like these names : letizia leonor......

zaza61 said:
If they go on with names begining with LE...... What are spain names begining with LE ?
Prince Felipe seems to like these names : letizia leonor......
Maybe Leocadia... Not my favourite.;)

Lea, Leandra, Leonarda, Leopolda, Leonela, Lenis, Leona, Levana, Levina, Leonila, Lezaira, Leyre
:doh:
I don't like them. They're very ugly names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom