Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catalina Mercedes Joanna Phillipa

Hmm...I don't know...

Girl:
Isabel Paloma Sofia Letizia Maria

Boy:
Alfonso Maria Carlos Felipe Jesus

Just a guess! ;)

Didn't Leonor just receive one name - Leonor? Perhaps all their future children will also have one name.
Infanta Isabel :wub:

For a girl
Carolina
Antonia
Isabel
Aurelia
Sofia
Gabrielle or Gabriella
Eugenina

For a boy
Lorenzo
Antonio
Enrique
Eduardo

La infanta:
Daniela
Silvia
Teresa
Joana

El infante:
Carlos
Alfonso
Federico
Antonio

Hey, I would like to ask about the name Isabel. Somebody said before that they probably won't name the possible girl like that because of Felipe's ex-girlfiend, Isabel Santorius. But what about other "variations" of the name, like Isabela, Isabella, Isabelle and so on? Are they common and used in Spain at all?
Thanks in advance :flowers:

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Hey, I would like to ask about the name Isabel. Somebody said before that they probably won't name the possible girl like that because of Felipe's ex-girlfiend, Isabel Santorius. But what about other "variations" of the name, like Isabela, Isabella, Isabelle and so on? Are they common and used in Spain at all?
Thanks in advance :flowers:
I think they are more english or french names,the spanish people is very careful with the language, they tend to translate everything in order to respect their mother tongue,they don´t even use words like shopping,basketball,etc.

Girl: Juana, Aida, Pilar, Eulalia, Mercedes

Boy: Carlos, Fernando, Alfonso, Lorenzo, Felipe

As we can know now a little the princes of Asturias it's sur thar the name will be an original one which will take it origin in the history or in the litterature, first.

Then, as Leonor has one name, the new bay will have one name to, normal!

Yes for the girl Catalina may be a good one or Anna. I like Juana but it's difficult because the wife of Felipe el Hermoso.

For the boy, I'm sure that they can choose a name in total rupture with dynastical those. It's the reason why I propose Gonzalo ( very important in the spanish litterature)

Pablo should begood but one of children of the Dukes of Palm wear it.

Go on, let us go the imagination.

If its a girl.. maybe Maria Sofia or Sofia Maria

I think they'll choose an obscure name that has historical meaning for the SRF, like they did with Leonor.

Although it's been a popular choice on the forum I really don't hope they choose Mercedes for a girl. It's just a cultural difference but here in the UK, it's viewed as quite a tacky/nouveau riche name. I realise it's different in Spain but I'd never warm to it!

Boy:
Alejandro,
Armando
Cristo
Emilio
Iago
Rafael

I also really like the name Diego, but think it's probably a bit too modern

Girls:
Alita
Esmerelda
Liani (but a bit too similar to Leonor, perhaps?)
Lucia
Ofelia
Pilar
Ines

Definetly, if It is a girl, it would be Sofia

mtbcm said:
Iñaki is not really Iñaki he's Ignacio and Iñaki is sort of the tender name people call babies and when we noticed we have a 2 metre's man called Iñaki:lol: . So I don't think Princes would choose the nickname for their son.

Iñaki is not a nickname, is a name in Euskera! the basque language spoken in the north of Spain.

Little_star said:
Wowww.. can you imagine?? Infante Cristo, then (if he gets to be heir of the throne) Prince Cristo, and finally King Cristo!!

If its a boy maybe they'll go with Marcial, JoseMaria,or Andres. Who knows.

I think for a boys name is really difficult - but Little Star I really like your suggestion of Rafael - that to me (don´t know how common it is in Spain) sounds royal! Infante Rafael of Spain has a nice ring to it. For some reason, I don´t find the names ending in -o very attractive and thus this rules out many boys names. Lucia and Ines I also like for girls.

eireann said:
I think for a boys name is really difficult - but Little Star I really like your suggestion of Rafael - that to me (don´t know how common it is in Spain) sounds royal! Infante Rafael of Spain has a nice ring to it. For some reason, I don´t find the names ending in -o very attractive and thus this rules out many boys names. Lucia and Ines I also like for girls.
Most of spanish names end in O, or A for girl names.
I like Alejandro and Leonardo, but this are not used in the Spanish family.

rosana said:
Most of spanish names end in O, or A for girl names.
I like Alejandro and Leonardo, but this are not used in the Spanish family.
That would be funny, Leonor and Leonardo :lol: But I love both Alejandro and Alejandra. ;)

adelaide said:
For the boy, I'm sure that they can choose a name in total rupture with dynastical those. It's the reason why I propose Gonzalo ( very important in the spanish litterature)

King Juan Carlos had an uncle named Gonzalo who was a haemophiliac. It would be a nice nod to him, I think.

I'm still holding out for Alfonso though :flowers: And Gabriela or Lola for a girl :wub:

Santiago Felipe de Todos los Santos Borbon Ortiz

btsnyder said:
Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You're watching too much tv! :lol:

girls
Maria Juana
Norma
Lisa Mariana
Boys
Luise Fernando
Juan Andres
Luise Alejandro

For a girl, I like the names: Berengaria, Nuria, Caridad, Soledad and Jacinta.
For a boy I like the names: Segundo, Diego, Fernando, and Sebastian

The combinations of Nuria Caridad and Sebastian Segundo are my favorites, but they'll probably just go with one name again.

Well, We know already that it will be a girl, so we have to think in Girl's names.

I would like them to name her Mercedes or Sofia

Last edited:
As much as I love the name Laura, there are already two in the family, Laura Ponte and her baby girl, so I guess that Felipe and Letizia will go for the more unique side...;)

Catalina is a very regal name.I like Carolina, i think there never was an Infanta Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom