Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing if it's a girl they would name her Isabella, Victoria and Margarita. If' it's a boy Ihope they would name him Alfonso. Such a good name. But I'm betting that we'll all be surprised again with the choice of name of the baby.. I doubt they will name their baby a very common name. I think they will give a royal name but not so common among SRF..

If it is a boy, perhaps he will be named Juan in remembrance of the Count of Barcelona. He could also be named something more traditional, such as Alfonso or Enrique.

If the child is female, she may be named after one of the King's relatives or a traditional royal name in Spain: maybe Maria, Catalina, Isabel, or Juana.

I don't think they will use the names of Felipe's nieces and nephews and his cousins' children, so I don't think they will use Juan again, unless it is used as a middle name or if his name is, for example, Juan Alfonso and they call him Alfonso. But I don't think his name will be Carlos, since that's Alexia's son's name. I'm still rooting for Infante Alfonso or Infanta Gabriela!

Isn't Gabriela the name of King Juan Carlos' ex-girlfriend? I don't think the Queen would be too pleased with that.

Oooh, darn. I really love that name though...if the baby is a boy, I think the whole F/L thing would be kind of cute, and maybe if they don't name him Alfonso, they could call him Fernando or Federico. If they won't use Gabriela, I'd love for them to use Lola!

For a girl I like the name Pilar, Luisa or Carlotta
For a boy maybe Ferdinand

Princess Suggestions:
Isabel/Isabella
Sofia
Victoria

Prince Suggestions:
Alfonso
Carlos
Pedro

Like the name of Leonor, Felipe and Letizia will go with another historical royal name, but not common in the street. Both like reading historical books, I think they will surprise us again.

I personally don't have any idea what they will call the new baby because they chose a fairly uncommon name for Leonor.

I have found this website that has a genealogy of the house of Borbon.
http://www.geocities.com/henrivanoene/genspain.html#alfonso12

There are so many names in the family tree that I wouldn't know where to start guessing.

LadyS said:
I personally don't have any idea what they will call the new baby because they chose a fairly uncommon name for Leonor.

I have found this website that has a genealogy of the house of Borbon.
http://www.geocities.com/henrivanoene/genspain.html#alfonso12

There are so many names in the family tree that I wouldn't know where to start guessing.

The link does not work for me. Are you sure it's the right one? I'd love to see it

To many people are clicking on it, try again later.

I would like Fernando for a boy, and REALLY LOVE Pilar for a girl!

Laura :wub: ,Inés, Patricia, Alejandra, Aurora, Clara, Paloma, María, Carmen, Rocío, Carolina, Diana, Lucía

Javier:wub: , Alejandro, Álvaro, Víctor, Fernando, José, Manuel, Alfonso, Luis, Daniel

I like the name Luisa and derivatives like Luisina, if it´s a boy i don´t know, Spanish Royal names are not pretty for me.

I hope they name the baby Covadonga if it is a girl. When someone first mentioned I didn't like but the more I though about (and researched it) I think that it is a wonderful name. Its got a deep sense of history and meaning.its truly a lovely name that will have to go on my list of favourite names.

PrincessNatalie said:
I hope they name the baby Covadonga if it is a girl. When someone first mentioned I didn't like but the more I though about (and researched it) I think that it is a wonderful name. Its got a deep sense of history and meaning.its truly a lovely name that will have to go on my list of favourite names.
I hope not!!!!!! In spanish it sounds ugly, there are so pretty names they can use, why will they torture their girl with that awful name.

What about the two Grand-mothers names?

Paloma Sophia
Fernanda Sophia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or if it's a boy:

Carlos Felipe
Alejandro Felipe
Juan Felipe

What are some traditional names for the Royal Spanish Family?

RachelD said:
If it's a boy:
Carlos Felipe
Juan Felipe
I like those for a boy, grandpa and dad's name..

For a girl, I would like Mercedes. Either that or Graciela. For a boy, Javier, Carlos or Alejandro/Alexander.

rosana said:
I hope not!!!!!! In spanish it sounds ugly, there are so pretty names they can use, why will they torture their girl with that awful name.

How would you pronounce it in Spanish?

PrincessNatalie said:
How would you pronounce it in Spanish?
Just as it´s written,in spanish every vowel has only one sound: a(cut),e(let),i(meet),o(lost),u(loose).Those are some examples for an english-speaker.

Last edited:
I like Eduardo or Carlos. Something nice for if the law isn't changed. Enrique isn't bad is and is definitely more modern for a modern king. I like Carolina, Cristina or Victoria for a girl. To me, Mercedez is more a middle name.

I like either of those. I hope that they do share the sex although I understand that a birth is a private matter first.

RachelD said:
What about the two Grand-mothers names?

Paloma Sophia
Fernanda Sophia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or if it's a boy:

Carlos Felipe
Alejandro Felipe
Juan Felipe

What are some traditional names for the Royal Spanish Family?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be interesting if it was a boy and they named it Fernando since that was one of the names that Juan put to Franco to get his permission to name his son ( Felipe was the other one of course). They had already settled on Felipe and come to be Franco like that one too. So that name would cool to use knowing to history of it.

I think they should avoid using any first names already in the current family including their own names. It could cause too much confusion.
And Juan, Isabel and Maria are such common, over-used names.
I like the names Enrique or Alfonso for a boy.
And Lucia is a very pretty name for a girl.

btw, I always wondered this and now seems like a good chance to ask: is Letizia a common name in Spain, or is it unusual? I had never heard of it, and I'm not that familiar with Spanish names, so I was just curious.

Last edited:
lula said:
Changing topic...

After LEONOR, to try to guess the name seems to be very difficult. Probably let's look for slightly common, historical and literary names, and they end up by choosing a very normal name in the family.

If they choose for traditional names, the girl might be Sofia, Isabel, Victoria, Maria, Mercedes, Cristina... If he is a boy... Felipe, Alfonso, Juan,Carlos, Fernando... They are the names that more repeat themselves in the Royal Family, but sometimes it also brings links historical, a bit complicated.

If they follow Leonor's example, we would have to look for a bit less common names in the Spanish Monarchy ... we might investigate a bit when see which appear.

For example, Catalina, wife of Enrique III, and the first Princess of Asturias.

I think everyone will truely be surprised by the name they pick. Leonor was so unexpected that I have no Idea what they will name the second child. For a girl I really like CATALINA. I have no idea for a boy, but I hope they don't use the same names as their nephews, IMO, think they have been used enough.

For an Infanta: Mariana, Carolina, Luisa, Eugenia, Barbara, Blanca, Fernanada, Teresa, Ana, Milagros, Rosario

For an Infante: Ricardo, Rodrigo, Alfonso, Roberto, Julio, Carlos, Jose, Jesus, Federico, Fransisco, Victor, Roldan, Rolando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom