Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kartheina said:
For an infanta: Catalina, Clara, Eugenia, Margarita, María
I've previously written Eugenia as one of the possible names for the little infanta, but since there's already a Eugenia de Borbon (new daughter of Luis Alfonso), I guess that's now out. Other alternatives could be Julia, which is one of the names of Felipe's great-grandmother (Queen Victoria Eugenia) or Mercedes, in honor of his grandmother (Maria de las Mercedes).

With due respect to those who have expressed disapproval or dislike with the name 'Mercedes', I think that it will be alright for the Prince and Princess to choose it for their daughter -- even if in some countries, the name is more commonly associated with a car. For one, the name is well accepted (if not common) in Spain, which is their country of origin and is the one they represent. Just think about 'Margarita', Spanish and Latin American girls still have it as their name even if in some places, the only Margarita that most people know come in a glass, garnished with salt, lemon/lime. Don't worry, if they do choose Mercedes (or Margarita, for that matter), we'll all associate it with the little infanta in due time.

Other possible names could be Teresa, Francisca, Fernanda, Beatriz or Eulalia.

I like Sofia Federica....Maybe is a good name for the little baby.

But Catalina is a beautiful name too:flowers:

infanta elvira or infanta catalina
i don't know their meaning,but i found them in the family tree of spanish royals,but i prefer infanta luisa,although i doubt they choose another name with L.

Oh darn, I was going for Eugenia (such a beautiful name) but it's now taken. I guess I would have to go now with Infanta Catalina or Infanta Carolina.

Victoria Eugenia like Felipe's godmother and greatgrandmother is beautiful too.

PS... Kartheina I :heart: your avatar!

After the number of names that have been suggested in this thread, I'd have to give it to Felipe and Letizia if they would again end up giving their new baby a name that's not mentioned here. I think that many here has done their best to be creative and resourceful in finding names... so, after doing our homework, I hope that at least one of us would get it right this time around :flowers: :lol:

Mari_* said:
PS... Kartheina I :heart: your avatar!
Thanks, Mari. I thought that Leonor looked too adorable in that photo that I could not resist making an avatar out of it :wub:

kartheina said:
After the number of names that have been suggested in this thread, I'd have to give it to Felipe and Letizia if they would again end up giving their new baby a name that's not mentioned here. I think that many here has done their best to be creative and resourceful in finding names... so, after doing our homework, I hope that at least one of us would get it right this time around :flowers: :lol:

Thanks, Mari. I thought that Leonor looked too adorable in that photo that I could not resist making an avatar out of it :wub:

First, Kartheina, you have robed me this so beautiful avatar:wub: ( but me I'm:furious: )

Then, have you thaught to name as the femine of " Beranjer"? In France it's an name which existe : " Bérangère", a little bite sofisticated but in Spain it's the name of a lot of Kings of Middle Age. Why not, in the style of historic name?

adelaide said:
First, Kartheina, you have robed me this so beautiful avatar:wub: ( but me I'm:furious: )

Then, have you thaught to name as the femine of " Beranjer"? In France it's an name which existe : " Bérangère", a little bite sofisticated but in Spain it's the name of a lot of Kings of Middle Age. Why not, in the style of historic name?
Well... Hmm... to be honest, if they do resurrect some middle age name, I do hope that it won't be too exotic for our taste. Anyway, we have but a little over a month to wait. I'm already excited for the arrival of the new infanta and of course to her parents' choice of name :flowers:

By the way, I posted some Leonor avatars I've made from the recent outing -- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/586516-post127.html. If you like them, just feel free use any of them :)

I see that a lot of people are going back to spanish royalty to find names of former queens, infantas, etc. Since this new baby girl will have a lesser chance of being Queen of Spain (because Leonor is first in line), the princes may chose a name that has not royal history, or even choose a name from Letizia's side of the family (a great-grandmother, or something like that).

My choices include the following (and they might have been mentioned before):

Teresa
Carlota
Adelaida
Beatriz
Magdalena
Eulalia

-Suzanne
-Maria Catherine
-Antoinne
-Joanna
-Isabella:wub:
-Teresa

While I was doing some research for another thread I went to check babynames.com and they always have a name of the day on there web site. Today's name of the day is a spanish name, Damita and the meaning is baby princess. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share!

Infanta Laura de Borbón Ortiz;)

My choices:
-Laura
-Paloma
-Inés
-María

SAR Doña Adelaida Amalia da Gloria de Todos los Santos de Borbón, Infanta de España

:flowers:

But seeing the fact that Infanta Leonor only has one name, I think it will be a single name.

Doña Adelaida.

Of all the beautiful probable spanish names, I prefer Isabel or Mercedes. I'm really crossing my fingers for those names !

I really like Isabel but I don't think it'll be the chosen one..

Infanta Sofia :wub:

Gabriela Sofia de Todos los santos Borbon Ortiz

I'm still hoping for Infanta Sofia. It would make sense, it's like that name has been reserved for Felipe's children. But maybe they want something different.

I also like Isabel and Ana. I think Infantas Leonor and Isabel or Leonor and Ana sounds good :flowers: Or perhaps they could give her the name Ana-Sofia?

...sOfIa.... said:
I'm still hoping for Infanta Sofia. It would make sense, it's like that name has been reserved for Felipe's children. But maybe they want something different.

I also like Isabel and Ana. I think Infantas Leonor and Isabel or Leonor and Ana sounds good :flowers: Or perhaps they could give her the name Ana-Sofia?
Like them all, too. Luisa has recently grown in me. Nice, simple name, maaaany Queens in Spain had it and it starts with L (maybe they want their girls' names to start with L after Letizia and boys' with F, after Felipe :lol:).

How about:

Laura
Gender: Feminine Usage: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian, Polish, Scandinavian, German Pronounced: LAWR-a (English), LOW-rah (Spanish, Italian, Polish, German) [key]
Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant "laurel". In ancient Rome the leaves of laurel trees were used to create victors' garlands. Saint Laura was a 9th-century Spanish martyr, a nun who was thrown into a vat of molten lead by the Moors. Another famous bearer was Laura Secord, a Canadian heroine during the War of 1812.

LUCÍA
Gender: Feminine Usage: Italian, German, English, Scandinavian, Romanian, Ancient Roman Pronounced: loo-CHEE-ah (Italian), LOO-sha (English), loo-SEE-a (English) [key]
Feminine form of LUCIUS. Saint Lucia was a 4th-century martyr from Syracuse who had her eyes gouged out.

LILIANA
Gender: Feminine Usage: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Romanian, Polish Pronounced: lil-ee-AN-a (English), lee-LYAH-nah (Polish) [key]
Derived from Latin lilium meaning "lily".

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
:flowers:

But seeing the fact that Infanta Leonor only has one name, I think it will be a single name.

Doña Adelaida.

Adelaida is a pretty name.

chuchu said:
Adelaida is a pretty name.

:flowers: :flowers: Thanks!:flowers: :wub:

But not very historic! What do you think about Bianca by reference to the Queen Bianca of Castilla? One idea like that, beacuse in fact I don't have any idea for the name of the futur Infantita because I'm sur it will be a surprise.
See you soon.

I think that Royals always (or almost always, at least!) choices historical names for their babies...So thinking in a common Spanish name would not help here...:)

The name Blanca (and not Bianca, that is the Italian form of "Blanca" ) could be an acceptable name for Infanta Leonor's sister, since it really wa the name of Blanca of Castilla. But I do not think the Princes of Asturias would choice this one, but maybe a name historical yes, but more connected to the Borbon's traditions...

Oh! I hope they don't call the baby "María Luisa"!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

I'm rooting for Catalina. For some reason, it has become my favourite name lately.

I just thought, since it's been mentioned a few times, that I should mention that Laura, in Spanish, is not pronounced like it is in English. In English, it is Lore-a (lor-a), but in Spanish, it is pronounced L-ow-ra (ow like ouch).

I'm sure most of you already know that, but I thought I'd add it.

Vanesa said:
Oh! I hope they don't call the baby "María Luisa"!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: [Vanesa.

I hope they don't call her Maria Anything!!

This latin/catholic penchant for appending Maria to every name they can is very irritating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom