Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redferns said:
Lea, Leandra, Leonarda, Leopolda, Leonela, Lenis, Leona, Levana, Levina, Leonila, Lezaira, Leyre
:doh:
I don't like them. They're very ugly names

Not, really I do not like any:wacko:

Another day the Infanya Pilar, very funny said ... while the name is not Urraca...:lol:

lula said:
Not, really I do not like any:wacko:

Another day the Infanya Pilar, very funny said ... while the name is not Urraca...:lol:

Thanks Lord it isn't! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Do you imagine Infanta Urraca? :lol:

I like Leona a bit (assuming that poor is Felipe really fond of names with LE). But I am not sure I like the rest, not for Infanta anyway.

Hi, Magnik! Sorry, but pratically none of those names has any tradition in Spain!... :lol:
I would say the only viable option for a "L" name with historical meaning is Luisa.

Laura or Lucía are Spanish names too, although with no tradition within the Royal Family.

I don´t think they will look for a name with L again, imagine if they have 3 or 4 girls what a problem. It was just a coincidence with Leonor and Letizia.I really would like an Infanta Carolina de Borbon. Sounds nice!! Smile!!!! (where are the smiles here?)

If it's going to be a name, not starting with L, I would love Catalina, Sofia or Pilar.

There were:
Caroline de Bourbone of Parma (1770-1804) dau. of FerdinandD. of Parma, wife of Maximilian Wettin, D. of Saxony.
Caroline di Borbone Pss of Two-Siciles (1820-1861) daughter of King Francesco I, wife of Carlos de Borbon Infante of Spain 1818-1861.
Caroline de Bourbon (1822-1869) daughter of Leopold Prince of Salerno, wife of Henri d'Orleans, Duke of Aumale.

Since Leonor's name is said to be from a book, here are some names from some books:

Romola (George Eliot's Romola)
Alba (Isabelle Allende's House of Spirits)
Remedios (Gabriel Garcia Marquez's 100 Years of Solitude)
Beatriz (Dante's Divine Comedy)
Aldonza (Cervantes' Don Quixote)
Marcela (Don Quixote)
Lela (Don Quixote)
Eva (Allende's Eva Luna)

- Dulcinea (Don Quixote)
- Sol, Elvira and Jimena (The Poem del Cid)
- Inés (Don Juan Tenorio)
- Bernarda (The House of Bernarda Alba)
- Diana (El perro del hortelano-The Dog in the Manger)
- Melibea, Celestina, Elicia, Areusa (La Celestina)
- Mariana (Mariana Pineda)
- Oriana, Elisena (Amadís de Gaula)

I like Inés

moby said:
Lela (Don Quixote)

Lela??? poor girl, it really sounds old fashioned and in spanish lela means also "silly"

Last edited:
Lela means DORK, for God sake.

She will be named SOFIA, LIKE HER grandmother.

catango said:
Lela means DORK, for God sake.

LMAO! :ROFLMAO: Didn't know that, I thought it means the same thing with the Arabic Lela (also spelled Layla, Lila, Leila, etc.) which has quite a nice meaning, 'night beauty'.

Redferns said:
- Diana (El perro del hortelano-The Dog in the Manger)

Heaven forbid that any poor little princess will be saddled with this name!

Sofia like her grandmother.

moby said:
LMAO! :ROFLMAO: Didn't know that, I thought it means the same thing with the Arabic Lela (also spelled Layla, Lila, Leila, etc.) which has quite a nice meaning, 'night beauty'.

I don't know if Lela is a spanish name (maybe it is) but according to the official dictionary lela is a synonym for stupid, silly, simple.... so I would forget about it.

Yes..."lela" and "lelo" are stupid persons...I bet they will don't choice it for the little girl...

Vanesa.

wymanda said:
Heaven forbid that any poor little princess will be saddled with this name!
What does this name have of strange or bad? It´s nice. I don´t get your point.

I think they will choose one of these two possibilities:

- An unusual name that surprises everybody, like Leonor, maybe some with connections with the Castilian Kings, maybe Catalina or Ines...

- The name of one of the two grandmothers of the Infanta, Sofia or Paloma. Paloma is a very typical madrileño name, maybe they will choose this one.

rosana said:
What does this name have of strange or bad? It´s nice. I don´t get your point.

Why would any Royal parent want to inflict "Princess Diana" on any child. I can just imagine the comparisons, condemnation etc. She would never be pretty enough, well behaved enough, etc etc etc! :mad:

I think it will be Isabelle or Isabella

I think they want to honour the King:

A girl: Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Carolina de todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz, Infanta de España

A boy: Su Alteza Real el Infante Don Carlos de todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz, Infante de España

Last edited:
Diana

I doubt it that the Spanish royal family would chose Diana as a name for a new Infanta, but you never know.

There have been so many Dianas and Dianes in royal and noble families. It is nonsense that this name has become 'infected' with the previous Princess of Wales.

It 'mouths' good in Spanish:

Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Diana de todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz, Infanta de España

elsa, luisa sounds like a nice regal name. i'd say if they chose luisa it would provoque the same sensation we had when we heard leonor's name for the first time: unusual but historic and regal.

i however doubt they will choose another name with L since letizia and leonor's names are L names. it would be boring and slightly tacky to call all their kids with L names.

I don´t think Luisa is unusual. I think Luisa/Louisa/Louise is quite usual in royal circles.

wymanda said:
Why would any Royal parent want to inflict "Princess Diana" on any child. I can just imagine the comparisons, condemnation etc. She would never be pretty enough, well behaved enough, etc etc etc! :mad:
They would belong to different Royal Houses and diff. periods. If they choose Sofia or Carolina there would be comparisons with the Queen and the Princess of Monaco? I don´t think so.

There have been a number of Princess's of Wales but to the current world population there is only one person who ever had any right to the title and it should now never be used again. :bang:

Henri M. said:
I doubt it that the Spanish royal family would chose Diana as a name for a new Infanta, but you never know.

There have been so many Dianas and Dianes in royal and noble families. It is nonsense that this name has become 'infected' with the previous Princess of Wales.

It 'mouths' good in Spanish:

Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Diana de todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz, Infanta de España

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom