Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisiñaki said:

In this photo with this angle yes, in others they do not seem so thin.
Nevertheless there is something curious in this photo, and is that her legs do not seem to be so thin. Her arms are thin enough, but her legs are normal for her,thin like she is, but normal.

Probably the problem is in that in the last months she does very much exercise of arms. Letizia is thin and small, and for a lot of force that has, to take a girl as Leonor is an exercise extra. In the vacations we have seen the girl great in arms of her mother ... and for some commentaries that I have read it seems that Letizia entrusts herself enough of the girl (she bathes her, it is not important for her to change the diapers ... the normal thing in a mother, though a Princess might leave it for the babysitter). Leonor is not a girl precisely small, with 9 months she takes babies' clothes of 18, age to which the children already cover. For Letizia to load the girl must be already a big effort.

Photos from GettyImages and Dagbladet:

You know, in the first picture her face does not look as thin and bony and just worn out as in the second picture...the angle? the light? the make-up? But, personally I don't think she has an eating disorder or anything like that.

Last edited:
She's obviously thinner today than she was when she and Felipe first got engaged but that doesn't mean she is anorexic. Several members have raised the question of stress. That's a possibilty and when you look at her sisters there is the same thinness. I wonder if Letizia sees her family and sisters often. Do they hang out--go to the movies or anything? Has she become isolated from her family? The sudden change in her life from career woman with all the freedom in the world to princess with the whole world watching all the time and no freedom seems to have had an affect on her.

crisiñaki said:

Her arms ARE thin, too thin; more thin when she is pictured in that arm position with her muscle working... even during her pregnancy she had thin arms, and I noticed that while seeing a movie from Anna_R...

If you see a picture, as I am sure you've already seen some (for example waving next to the Queen), where she isn't doing that kind of gesture, her arms look less thin but still thin because they don't look thin they ARE thin...

For example, two pics with a different view of same gesture, in this case the outside arm view:

http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74723_01013843_406lo.jpg http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74770_01013847_494lo.jpg

For much turns we give the subject it won't go away - she is thin and when I saw her legs;) , which aren't so thinner looking, I wondered how she felt being so thin and having, in comparison, chubby legs :lol:.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
...For much turns we give the subject it won't go away - she is thin and when I saw her legs;) , which aren't so thinner looking, I wondered how she felt being so thin and having, in comparison, chubby legs :lol:.

Regards,
Her legs don't look chubby at all.

Oh goodness me. If she was the walking incarnation of lard we'd all be telling her to slim but when she's as thin as Audrey we're telling her to fatten up. Poor Letizia. Maybe they could take the custard of out Krispy-Kreme doughnuts and inject her with it to fit the measurements we desire?

mtbcm said:
Her arms ARE thin, too thin; more thin when she is pictured in that arm position with her muscle working... even during her pregnancy she had thin arms, and I noticed that while seeing a movie from Anna_R...

If you see a picture, as I am sure you've already seen some (for example waving next to the Queen), where she isn't doing that kind of gesture, her arms look less thin but still thin because they don't look thin they ARE thin...

I was thinking the same as I looked through the thread from last year's summer vacation. There are indeed photos that show that not even added pregnancy weight caused Letizia's arms to balloon like others. Moreso, when she is exerting some force (e.g. shaking hands or even just raising them up), their thinness is more emphasized.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=175792&d=1123056133
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=175793&d=1123056133
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=175836

BeatrixFan said:
If she was the walking incarnation of lard we'd all be telling her to slim

I'm sorry for asking, BetrixFan, but what is a lard?! :ermm:

BeatrixFan said:
Maybe they could take the custard of out Krispy-Kreme doughnuts and inject her with it to fit the measurements we desire?

Don't add more ideas, I can see some already packing and travelling to Spain as volunteers :rolleyes:...

Laviollette said:
Her legs don't look chubby at all.

I agree, but in comparisson to her thin arms she has sexy, well shaped and not so thin legs - that's what I meant.:)

Regards,

mtbcm said:
I'm sorry for asking, BetrixFan, but what is a lard?! :ermm:

Lard is a white cooking fat that comes in a block. At least it does in Aus,

When I had my first baby my weight plummited from ten stone to eight in a matter of months, I breast fed, I was stressed about being a good mum, I didn't eat as well as I should have and sometimes skipped meals to feed him.
My husband and family were convinced that I was anorexic but I wasn't. It was almost two years before I started putting the weight back on and then only ever made it to nine stone.
Princess Letizia is a small woman who has recently had a baby, I think being such a public mum must cause it's fair share of stress. I think she is a beautiful woman, even when she is a little thinner than we are used to seeing. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
the scans from the article in Quien Magazine from Mexico (it's like their version of Hola, so it's not a "photoshopped-cover" magazine:lol: ):

full credit for the scans to elsini at the CPMMB (many thanks my friend! :flowers: )

[FONT=&quot]LETIZIA SUFFERS ANOREXIA[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]She doesn't tire of saying she eats well and that her thinness is genetic. But the truth is that the Princess is extremely thin.[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]
An image is worth a thousand words and the pics that have been published about Letizia Ortiz during the last months have activated the alarms once again. The first rumors about a possible eating disorder of the former journalist started in march last year, when Paris Match questioned whether she had the "Princess' disease" or not. Other two spanish newspapers (La Crónica and El Mundo) talked about the thinness of Prince Felipe's wife with images of her during a public act. Carmen Rigalt, one of El Mundo's journalists finally put those rumors a name: Anorexia.
When Letizia read the article, she ordered Juan González-Cebrián Tello, the spokesperson of the Royal House to deny that information with a letter that the newspaper published. Something never seen before, because the royal family never denies rumors. But Doña Sofia's daughter-in-law decided to break that tradition. First symptom of the disease: Denial
What Letizia wanted was to put those rumors to rest for once and all, since in that moment of her life they could be very dangerous because she just had completed her first month of pregnancy. If they would have persisted, the pressure on her would have been much worse. Pregnant women with eating disorders have a high risk of losing the baby or have a sick child. That's where her worries came from.
With the denial, Spain breathed deeply and in may it was announced that the waited heir was on the way. For many media, it was the proof that Letizia was healthy.
The Controversy returns
24th July 2006. The german newspaper Bild started the topic about Letizia of Spain's thinness, who was in Palma de Mallorca with the rest of the Royal Family at their summer holidays.
The most read newspaper of Europe said: "her arms look thin, her face as well. Since the birth of her daughter, the Princess has lost a lot of weight [...] She's all skin and bones, her pretty face looks sunk and filled with wrinkles" The newspaper also quotes the commentary on El Diario de Mallorca: "the only thin Princess of Europe fainted"
But other pro-monarquic media like Hola came in the Princess' defence: "she's just like her sisters, her thinness is something inherent to her complexion. Pure genetics"
Despite this, it is enough just to look at Letizia's pictures when she was studying in Mexico 11 years ago, she wasn't that skinny. Her mexican friend Sara Cuéllar, who lived with her while she was studying at the University of Guadalajara in 1995, talked two years ago in an exclusive interview to Quien about her last encounter with Letizia in Madrid in 2002: "Letizia was about to start at TVE, she was very illusioned about it and she was losing weight. At that time, she was still living with her mother and was about to leave to get her own apartment...There were tons of guys after her 'cuz she's so gorgeous, she looks like a model. Now (2004) she's way thinner, is evident there's someone behind her image"
A Decade in Red Alert
Another mexican friend who met her as well in Guadalajara affirmed that since then she noticed that the now Princess of Asturias induced the vomit and was obsessed about her weight.
That is to say that Letizia presented symptoms of an eating disorder since more than a decade.
On the other hand, anonymous assistants of the designer Lorenzo Caprile affirm that unlike what their boss has said, her size isn't 40 (the average for iberic women) but 34 (the equivalent for a mexican zero or two). Letizia is 1.68m (more or less 5'6) and weighs 90 pounds (45 kg).
It is a fact that her two sisters are thin and that the wife of Felipe of Spain admired them for that. The same friend from Mexico said that "she always said that Thelma was very pretty and the truth is that Letizia was prettier but always insisted that she wasn't".
Another revealing fact is that during her pregnancy, the Princess of Asturias had problems as nausea, vomit and gastritis. Those symptoms are normal in the first months of pregnancy, but in her they didn't dissapear till the end.
Despite all of this, the Royal House has preferred to remain silent. The thing is that the spanish media affirm that since Letizia entered the Royal Family, a division between the personal of the King's house and Felipe's assistants started and that Letizia's anorexia has deepened the issue. While the first are concerned about the example this could give to Spain, the latter endorse Felipe, who affirms that there isn't a disease[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Captions:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Page 042
(first picture left) 2003: even if she lost weight for the news cast she hosted, she still looked very healthy
(second pic, pink dress) 2004: in a year, Letizia lost about 10 pounds (5 kg)
(third pic, green skirt) 2006: Felipe's wife is now size cero or two[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Page 044
(top pics) from 2003 to 2006: it seems like the Princess has had an eating disorder for more than 10 years, but it has gotten worse for the last three.
(bottom left pic) Better Face: here in 1995 with a friend in Mexico. Since that time, Felipe's wife has lost 30 pounds (15 kg).
Page 046
(top left pic) Seven months: with her pregnancy, the rumors about her disease calmed down
(right pic) With Leonor: German newspaper Bild published: "her arms look thin, her face as well. Since the birth of her daughter, the Princess has lost a lot of weight"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Page 048
(top pic) Justification: pro-monarquic media assure that the long acts, the high heels and her posture make her look thinner
(bottom right) Princess' Pressure: the SRH is divided about Letizia's anorexia. Some like her mother-in-law Queen Sofia support her and others think she's setting a bad example
------------------------//-------------------------------------
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is the translation of the article, all I want is everyone to see what's been written about Letizia's weight in other countries.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another thing: in this article they mention the Bild and Paris Match articles, can anyone find them?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance:flowers:[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
crisiñaki said:
the scans from the article in Quien Magazine from Mexico (it's like their version of Hola, so it's not a "photoshopped-cover" magazine:lol: ):

I'll translate the article, so please give me some time!:)
full credit for the scans to elsini at the CPMMB

Sincerely, I do not understand your particular insistence, in this article, but it was not waiting for another thing, not that surprises me. It is very sad that the people enjoy speculating on the health of the others, without having really any information. :bang: I do not believe that this article is say of a Mexican Hola, it is a yellow article, based on the supposition, speculation and the gossip.
The article the only thing that it does is to copy what has appeared in other European magazines, repeats the same thing that the Bild was saying ... and the same thing that wrote 2 years ago when they extended this rumor for the first time (when Letizia was anorexic, but she remained a pregnant woman ... some kind of imponsible ... but the medical journalists do written miracles :p ).

Every time I like less this topic, to turn in topic of speculation and gossip the health of a person is slightly enough sad, especially, without a trustworthy information. It seems to me to be terrible that it is done by the press, which only they it do to earn money, And seems to me to be more terrible than here some follow the game ... and even seem to enjoy it.:sad:

lula, you are a big fan of Letizia and I respect that but you should know that some of us are actually interested in hearing what they say about Letizia in other countries and can do it through this forum, I'm sorry if I offend you in any way but I promised to find the article so I'm merely living up to my word, I'll just translate it and let people make their own minds about it, just let them do that, please?:flowers:

and for the Bild article, is it a respected newspaper?

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
lula, you are a big fan of Letizia and I respect that but you should know that some of us are actually interested in hearing what they say about Letizia in other countries and can do it through this forum, I'm sorry if I offend you in any way but I promised to find the article so I'm merely living up to my word, I'll just translate it and let people make their own minds about it, just let them do that, please?:flowers:

It is not a question of being a fan of anybody. It is a question of being a person, and of taking RESPECT AS THE OTHERS. It is not important for me if is Letizia, Princess of Asturias or my neighbor.

THE HEALTH OF A PERSON IS SOMETHING VERY SERIOUS. It is not anything on what to invent, on what to speculate, on what to create rumors...And here only there are speculations. There is no communique, no serious information, any medical report ... only speculations.The Royal Household and the own Princess, have denied it, have tried it to explain ... but it for any does not cost. Because it is more enterteining and gives more money to continue speculating. Because it is better to believe that they lie.

Recently in Spain a famous singer has died for a cancer, for months, her disease and her agony have occupied hours of television ... they have inspected and invented many things ... the press has taken advantage and earned a lot of money itself with her agony and death ... and they have given the most atrocious spectacle that can be given. Even they managed to announce her death when still she was alive. If a person is sick enough misfortune they have she and her family.

We are not speaking about jewels, about nice dresses, about parties, of being more or less pretty ... we are speaking about the health of the persons, of a health that takes us to the life or to the death. It is sad that the press speculates on the health of the persons of so frivolous way.

Letizia's thinness is a topic that sells, an easy argument, she is thin, loses a few kilos and is anorexic ... because the anorexia is a popular disease, the " disease of the princesses " they say some, a disease very of models and stars of Hollywood ... but a person can lose kilos for many reasons.The anorexia is not a joke, and it is a very serious disease ... and for being more popular, for being fashionable ... its consequences are not better, nor is better to speak and to speculate on them.

It seems to me to be terrible that is done by Letizia ... it seems to me to be terrible that is done by Leonor's spot ... it seems to me to be terrible that is done by the supposed cancer of the King Juan Carlos.... it seems to me to be terrible that is done by the problems of health of Jaime de Marichalar...

I believe that the health of a person is slightly very serious and very intimate ... and without an official communique or a medical report, I would never say that anybody is sick. If a person is sick, already it has enough suffering. If a person is not sick, this type of speculations can make him suffer.

Certainly, on having read someone of these articles, and on having read some opinions, it seems that to a person who has anorexia is guilty of something , it seems that for having anorexia someone is a worse person ... because a person wants to be thin, because wants to have model's body, because it is obsessed by the aspect ... and it neither is it nor should be like that. The anorexia is a psychological disorder, which is joined to a nourishing problem.The anorexia begins when a person does not feel well with itself. The diseases are always bad, and the persons do not suffer them for caprice .

Last edited:
Hello everyone! How are you all doing? :flowers:

Well, the fact of the matter still stands. Yes, Letizia has lost weight since she married Felipe...reason being...no one really knows but her, her husband and her family. And just because she's lost weight does not mean that she is suffering from any illness or disease no matter what ANY newspaper, magazine or show says. We (and everyone else) can only speculate and give our opinion about this. Friends, there is no need to get so worked up about this topic... :)

Hugs and Kisses to ALL!

RachelD said:
Hello everyone! How are you all doing? :flowers:

Well, the fact of the matter still stands. Yes, Letizia has lost weight since she married Felipe...reason being...no one really knows but her, her husband and her family. And just because she's lost weight does not mean that she is suffering from any illness or disease no matter what ANY newspaper, magazine or show says. We (and everyone else) can only speculate and give our opinion about this. Friends, there is no need to get so worked up about this topic... :)

Hugs and Kisses to ALL!
RachelD you are so nice!! (thanks:flowers: ) I think it has to do more with the fact that all western societies in general hold thinner women in a greater esteem. Thinner women show this "control" over food that subconciously makes people think of them as powerful-specially other women... Men might like women with curves more and study after study shows that when shown pictures of women of varying weight women always go at least 5 Lbs thinner than guys when asked to select the "ideal" figure. My point is that we might be a little envious about it? Also, look at Nicole Ritchie, the paparazzi catches her eating junk food all the time and yet every week she is on some tabloid's cover about her supposed "anorexia". Yes she is skinny and says that when she is stressed out she can't eat.

CPMMB is the Crown Princess Mary Message Board otherwise known as CPMEMB (Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth Message Board).

Of course the health of a person is something really serious but she won't get sick because we talk about her extreme skinny body, will she? no, i don't think so... those arms live me w/o words; neither she will get sick because some magazines says so and you have to ask yourself why does so many magazines and journalist are refering and reporting this subjetc more and more, I may like one person but that won't make me blind. ;)

RaniaRocks said:
so and you have to ask yourself why does so many magazines and journalist are refering and reporting this subjetc more and more

I think the German tabloids prove this enough: Sometimes the news is slow (which it was during the summer since many people had private holidays and were able to get away from the media) so it's necessary for the media to construct stories since they still have to put out an online edition, a print publication, or a news cast whether there's actual news or not. And if one publication has decided that Letizia has anorexia then its easy enough for other publications to pick it up and use it as fact without verifying the information.

For example, how many times have various publications jumped on the bandwagon of princess so and so is pregnant? Or consider how many publications in Denmark and Austalia picked up a story about Mary being the Scandinavian Imelda Marcos? Just because six publications printed the story doesn't mean that Mary's spending habits are exorbitant or that Letizia is anorexic.

Working in a media environment, I will tell you that it's not uncommon for editors and publishers to sit in a room for a story meeting for their next issue and someone will say: These five magazines and newspapers have a story about Subject X. This must mean that it's a big deal. How come we don't have a story about this subject? Do one for the next issue. That doesn't mean that the subject is of relevance, it just means that at one place someone came up with the story idea and the idea germinated to other publications in a domino effect, but that the media has made it of relevance by continually writing about it. On the flip side, the media frequently ignores subjects that are of greater relevance for other stories.

ortino said:
RachelD you are so nice!! (thanks:flowers: ) I think it has to do more with the fact that all western societies in general hold thinner women in a greater esteem. Thinner women show this "control" over food that subconciously makes people think of them as powerful-specially other women... Men might like women with curves more and study after study shows that when shown pictures of women of varying weight women always go at least 5 Lbs thinner than guys when asked to select the "ideal" figure. My point is that we might be a little envious about it? Also, look at Nicole Ritchie, the paparazzi catches her eating junk food all the time and yet every week she is on some tabloid's cover about her supposed "anorexia". Yes she is skinny and says that when she is stressed out she can't eat.
Obviously Nicole Ritchie is way too thin and we don't know what she does with that junk food once she's eaten it. Comparing her to Princess Letizia doesn't help Letizia's case. The fact that other media around the world have now picked up the story of Letizia's weight and are openly speculating about her health with before and after pictures is not a good thing for the SRF. This will put more pressure on Letizia, Felipe and the royal family.

I know the press is usually tremendist and they maybe right or wrong, but the pictures, the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on, we have a perfect saying for that in Spanish "cuando el rio suena piedras trae", meaning something like when you can hear the river, it's because the water is flowing or as the saying goes, but not quite describe the situation, where there's smoke, there's fire.

RaniaRocks said:
I know the press is usually tremendist and they maybe right or wrong, but the pictures, the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on
Can I ask how the math has come to 80%? :huh: And what constitutes "huge" amounts of people? Five or six people in a newsroom? A couple thousand people out of a (national) publication of several hundred thousand?

I wouldn't generalize that just because X amount of publications say that Letizia is anorexic it must mean she is. I would consider the sources that are saying this. Whether it's publications known for their fabrications of stories or sources known for their general credibleness but have errorred ocasionally.

RaniaRocks said:
we have a perfect saying for that in Spanish "cuando el rio suena piedras trae", meaning something like when you can hear the river, it's because the water is flowing or as the saying goes, but not quite describe the situation, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Actually no, where there's smoke there isn't always fire. Nor wherever you can hear the river the water isn't flowing. Consider more than two years ago around springtime and there were all those stories about this matter exactly: Letizia is too thin, she must be anorexic. And what happened? A few weeks later the royal court announced that Letizia was pregnant. How could Letizia be anorexic yet be pregnant and have gone on to deliver a healthy baby girl? :ermm:

Where there's smoke there's fire is a phrase -- it's not an exact science.

If the court denied it 2 years ago, she couldn't possible be pregnant with Leonor (b. end of 2005) a few weeks later, now could she? ;)

Alexandria said:
I think the German tabloids prove this enough: Sometimes the news is slow (which it was during the summer since many people had private holidays and were able to get away from the media) so it's necessary for the media to construct stories since they still have to put out an online edition, a print publication, or a news cast whether there's actual news or not.
With all due respect Alexandria, but that is not right. If they report on Royalty it's the press, the yellowpress to be exact. Hardly some other paper. They and the boulevard tv shows are barely interested in them unless there is an engagement, wedding, baby, etc. There must be a really sloow month for them to pick up something Royalty tabloidy. And online edition? You would be hardpressed to find online editions of the weekly yellow press mags. The 2 biggest (comparable to the US People) have them und 1 other gives glimpses AFAIK. And I only know that because I just tried to find those.

It may be customary to have online editions additionally to print editions/ news casts in North America, but in Europe it's still not. Unfortunately.

And back on topic
: I wrote it already, but I have no problems repeating it. As a slim-bordering-on-thin-person myself I can say from my own experience that gaining weight is almost impossible. And even then we're talking about grams/ ounces. But NOT kilos/ pounds. And if you have stress, i.e. finals, you might lose a bit weight. After that you need to have someone cooking for ya almost non-stop to get it back. That does NOT mean you have developed some eating disorder.

Unfortunately we have an example for an eating disorder among the princesses in recent history: Victoria of Sweden. If you look at pictures of her in 1997 from the beginning, then from the austrian state visit and then from the Nobel Awards you can clearly see her constant weight loss. Letitzia on the other hand has had more or less the same weight since her news days. Just saying. :flowers:

Well Alexandria I think at this point you will denied even the olds and wise proverbs, is not a matter of a number but now I can underestand why are those fans fainting in the concerts or crying in front of the tv when they see their favorites celebs, I have a friend who cries everytime she sees one particular singer, not saying you'r fan of Leti till that point but I repeat myself, I don't think and have ever said Letizia has anorexia not bulimia, I personally don't think so, the magazines says anything in order to sale but they may figure it out there's something wrong with her but their are not inside the Palace not have access to the medical records to know exactly what does Letizia may have, is a matter of especulations, that part I underestand, now, why are those magazines saying such things? obviouslly because Letizia have become in two and half years the shadow of herself practically, why if she has everything you may say? well sometimes we have everything and still not quite confortable with ourself for some reason, sometimes for almost nothing, for stupid things, that's the way life is. She have good moments and pictures but in reallity in the vast majority of the pixs she's not only extremelly skinny but all herself is looking tired, much older and like worn away (don't know actually if that's the correct expresion, I mean "desgastada"), I beleive her problem, being a perfectionist, is a nervous problem.
Yes is true she was never fat or overweighted but she have chage a lot since the engagement, I believe is a matter of nervous because from the engagement day till the dinner before the weidding (the silver dress) didn't past too much time and by that day she have had lost a lot of weight already, seems to me due to her nervousness personality and I don't think, IMO, that she's handeling all the being-a-princess stress well. I don't think she doesn't eat or that she provoques vomiting or anything like that, I'm seeing what I'm seeing and is a Letizia with the body of a teenager, no muscle tones, all nose and teeth and bones, pretty different to the cute girl Felipe knew (he's becoming fater btw) and as I said with that closet of hers, those beautiful shoes, jewelry and good makeup and sometimes hairdos plus she still have some remainins of her old Letizia anybody could come up pretty in a couple of pictures but even do she has latelly so many pictures showing how skinny she is that no wonder the press, the people, etc is commenting the subjetc and this threat is living prove of it.
So my bottom line is that I haven't said she is sick but she dosn't appear to be handeling the situation OK and I don't believe in protocolar pictures, that can tell you about the phisical appeareance not what's cooking inside the house, everybody put her best face and do their best in public much more a Royal House, so she have change a lot, much more than other princess even do comparisons are odious but a buch of them got married in the same period and haven't change that much. Is the Royal House demanding too much from her? Is she still not acustomed to her new duties and maybe still miss her own profesion? It is all too overwhelming for her?. Those are not unfair, gossip or bad intentioned questions but questions we can debate maturally instead of anorexia or bulimia or gossips, but IMO something is happening with her psicologically, not dealing well if you can underestand me and that's nothing to be ashamed off because she's not superwoman, some of us gane weight in a stressful situation and others become sticks even we can be still healthy but there's always a why: stress, depression, anxiety, a variety of causes and that's why I tend to think, if that's the case she must lower her defens and take care because look at poor Masako and other young womans, even do the Imperial House is like a sort of jail I know is different from the Spanish Royal House wich is more modern but again not everybody handles equal being on the public eye and every family has his more and less from time to time and imagine in those kind of important families where there's too much into play, and sometimes you see a person trying to be perfect and appearing as if everything were perfect for the public eye but as we say in Spanish the procession goes inside, but again is just my opinion.
BTW. Excuse my grammar please.

Last edited:
Ms Griffin said:
If the court denied it 2 years ago, she couldn't possible be pregnant with Leonor (b. end of 2005) a few weeks later, now could she? ;)

Where do I say that the royal court denied anything two years ago? :wacko:

My math however is a bit off if what you're referring to is when I said that it was two years ago around springtime that there were rumours that Letizia was anorexic by the media. It was around May 2005, right before the pregnancy was announced by the Spanish court, that there were just as many stories circulating about Letizia's anorexia.

Ms Griffin said:
With all due respect Alexandria, but that is not right. If they report on Royalty it's the press, the yellowpress to be exact. Hardly some other paper. They and the boulevard tv shows are barely interested in them unless there is an engagement, wedding, baby, etc. There must be a really sloow month for them to pick up something Royalty tabloidy. And online edition? You would be hardpressed to find online editions of the weekly yellow press mags. The 2 biggest (comparable to the US People) have them und 1 other gives glimpses AFAIK. And I only know that because I just tried to find those.

My point was a general overview of the media. I did not cite any specific sources. But, publications such as Hola, Hello, BT, Dag Bladet, Se Og Hor, Royals, Point de Vue -- all European publications, not a single North American publication among them -- and the like all have online editions of their print publications. Newspapers from any country also have online editions which require content. Consider also pages such as Yahoo Espanol or the like. They are purely web-driven and require new content daily.

And if you look around this forum, there are plenty of news clips of the royals -- even when there are no engagements, weddings or babies involved. How many clips of the Borbons during the summer holidays have we seen already? And they are all from news programs that are readily accessible.

RaniaRocks said:
Well Alexandria I think at this point you will denied even the olds and wise proverbs, is not a matter of a number but now I can underestand why are those fans fainting in the concerts or crying in front of the tv when they see their favorites celebs, I have a friend who cries everytime she sees one particular singer, not saying you'r fan of Leti till that point

It seems very clearly that that's what you are saying of me: That I am a fanatical Letizia fan. (See, I don't even call her "Leti!") I do like Letizia very much, and I will willingly say that. (If I was going to get fanatical about anyone it would be Mette-Marit, for the record. :cool:)

As someone who has a friend who has dealt with anorexia for the past 12 years, and as someone who has spent two hours every week of the past eight weeks in an anorexia support group hearing the words of those who have or are suffered from anorexia, their family members, doctors, psychologists and nutritionists, if I liked Letizia at all, I would be among the first to say that she should seek medical treatment immediately. I have seen the effects of this disease first hand, how it ravages your body physically and how it destroys you mentally, leaving you with no sense of self or self-esteem. Why would I wish that upon anyone that I liked or admired, even someone I've never met?

All I'm saying about these arguments that say that Letizia has anorexia or in the least has a severe medical condition because she is thinner than she was when the engagement was first announced, is that that is a serious accusation to make. Saying that someone has a medical condition if they might not, is just as harmful as telling someone that they are fat when they are not. That is like a member who posted in the Dutch forum that she felt that Maxima had a drinking problem because every picture she had seen Maxima in she had a glass of champagne or wine in her hand.

RaniaRocks said:
obviouslly because Letizia have become in two and half years the shadow of herself practically,

Two and a half years ago I was a shadow of myself, too. I've gained weight and lost weight since then. But nobody is saying that I am anorexic.

It really bothers me when members look at pictures of Letizia and say "Oh! Look how thin her arms are. She must be sick." How is it so that thin arms automatically equals a sickness?

RaniaRocks said:
She have good moments and pictures but in reallity in the vast majority of the pixs she's not only extremelly skinny but all herself is looking tired, much older and like worn away

She has a 10 month old. Most new moms I talk to are pretty tired, worn out, eating on the run and look older than they are because they have been focused on caring for their baby and not on taking care of themselves. And living in Canada, where you get a year of maternity leave, are generally still at home when their babies are 10 months old. In the 10 months since Leonor has been born, Letizia has been working for several months now including a trip to Luxembourg, plus the last several weeks in front of the public eye while she was supposed to be relaxing. Letizia has been doing much more than most new moms do.

And even though she has help, which most new moms I know do not, the help offered is limited. The nanny or nurses might get up with Leonor through the night or change her diapers when it needs to be changed, but in those first several months there were only things that Letizia could do for Leonor like nurse her.

And seeing as Letizia has never been one to care much for makeup and fashion, she probably isn't applying makeup on herself in such a way that might make her look less tired than she actually looks. I know that there are mornings I wake up when I certainly need more undereye concealer than other days. And that matters to me, so I take a few extra minutes to apply it, but I have a friend who doesn't care for such things and as she says, if she has "raccoon eyes" then she has raccoon eyes, whoever sees her.

RaniaRocks said:
I'm seeing what I'm seeing and is a Letizia with the body of a teenager, no muscle tones, all nose and teeth and bones, pretty different to the cute girl Felipe knew (he's becoming fater btw)

Some might say that having a nose, teeth and bones are essential ... :rolleyes:

At any rate, this is exactly the kind of comments that bother me. In the same sentence you say Letizia has the body of a teenage girl -- what does that mean, anyway? Because the teenagers I see at the mall all have very different body types, just like their adult counterparts. And in the next sentence you say that Felipe is getting fatter. What's the point of that? So that Felipe can read that people think he's fat and develop an eating disorder, too?

Did you think that proportionately if Felipe and Letizia stand next to each other and two years ago Letizia weighed more and Felipe weighed less that now if Letizia stands next to a fatter Felipe that Letizia would look thinner because he is bigger? :wacko:

RaniaRocks said:
So my bottom line is that I haven't said she is sick but she dosn't appear to be handeling the situation OK ... so she have change a lot, much more than other princess even do comparisons are odious but a buch of them got married in the same period and haven't change that much.

So you have insight into her mind now to know that she isn't handling her new life okay?

You can't compare how the different princesses have adapted to their new lives. If you do that, then I think Masako has it much worst than all of the princesses.

The different countries have different expecations of their princesses, and Letizia's burden is one of the heaviest because Spain's monarchy is so fragile. The Danish monarchy is the oldest and Mary has been very welcomed and embraced by the Danish media and public. This wasn't the case for Letizia who received heavy criticism for her divorce in a strong Catholic country. In Norway, Mette-Marit's rocky past and her son out of wedlock also received a lot of criticism but the Norwegians generally like Haakon and believe that the will do a good job and as such, will in the least tolerate Mette-Marit. In Spain, this isn't the case with Felipe, for whom public opinon is still out because his father has done such an impressive job it will be difficult for him to come out from under the shadow of his father.

The pressures are different for all the princesses, so it's unfair to compare. That is like trying to put them all in the same evening gown and seeing which one looks best. They all have different roles and expectations within their countries, even if they share the same title.

Well then there's no point in keep this discussion since I'm talking about one thing and you keep talking about anorexia and sickness that I haven't talk about and to top it all off you have nothing better to ask me if I'm inside Letizia's mind, nobody is inside nobody but not because of it one stop to ask questions, nobody here is inside nobody's mind and everybody is entitle to her/his opinion. For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Au revoir. :cool:

RaniaRocks said:
For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes.

I am giggling uncontrollably right now, but I'll try to type through it!

I've enjoyed reading your posts...they have been right on, imo!

Donna B.:flowers:

RaniaRocks said:
to top it all off you have nothing better to ask me if I'm inside Letizia's mind,

Actually, I've asked you some very valid questions that you have not answered. For example, I asked you how you came to the conclusion that if "80%" think or write that something is wrong with Letizia then there must be smoke.

I have also brought up a different point as to why Letizia might be looking tired and worn out and may have aged in her looks because of being a new mom.

I have also pointed out that it's unfair to compare the different princesses because of the various expecations from their countrymen and the different circumstances from when they joined their royal families, even if they joined at similar times.

RaniaRocks said:
For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Au revoir. :cool:

This is a discussion forum. We're all here to bring our own perspectives, observations and experiences to a situation. I was bringing my own points, observations and experiences to it just as you were bringing your own points, observations and experiences to the same discussion. Nobody said we had to agree. But there's no need to be drippingly sarcastic or condescending to me just because you don't agree.

RaniaRocks said:
neither she will get sick because some magazines says so and you have to ask yourself why does so many magazines and journalist are refering and reporting this subjetc more and more, I may like one person but that won't make me blind.
People here have never denied that Letizia is thin. If there's a consensus among their fans and the others, this is it. She IS thin, she's not BECOMING thin - as she has stated in Mallorca.
RaniaRocks said:
the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on
It all depends when it's 'before' and when it's 'after'. People are very fond of thinking that Letiza only existed from November 2003 to now. Several members (including myself) have searched for pictures that demonstrated that the Princess has ALWAYS been thin, but her weight would fluctuate.

She seems somewhat "chubbier" in her news room pictures because everything there is right, the make-up, the lighting, the lenses, absolutely everything measured and checked so that everyone looks their best.

I wonder if Leonor will inherit this genes from her mother... I already can see the headlines 20, 25 years from now... Or maybe not, maybe then people will be convinced that she's naturally thin.
RaniaRocks said:
I believe is a matter of nervous because from the engagement day till the dinner before the weidding (the silver dress) didn't past too much time and by that day she have had lost a lot of weight
She did? She might have lost weight in this six-month span you exemplified, but how one will really know? The majority (I'm not saying all) of Letizia's pictures from that period bring her in trousers and long sleeved shirts/jackets.

In her presentation and subsequent engagement she had her hair down and was wearing trousers and long sleeved jackets. In the gala dinner, she had an up-do and the dress had no sleeves.

I'm not denying that she has lost weight, I'm just pointing that it's not quite right to say "a lot" as the base we have to comparison isn't exactly the same.
RaniaRocks said:
Is the Royal House demanding too much from her?
That could be fair to say. We'll never know what goes on behind closed doors - and please, here I'm not implying that she has any problems in her relationship with her in-laws. But I do think that this weight loss might as well be connected to anxiety and her being a perfectionist. How many people do we know put on weight when under stress? Letizia is the opposite, but that doesn't mean that she's sick, and labelling a weight loss as bulimia, anorexia or anything else is not right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom