Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisiñaki said:
Expressen is like the swedish version of our beloved "photoshopped-covered" german magazines, right?:rolleyes::cool:
Its not:flowers: Its daily tabloid newspaper and although much of what is written on royalties is not 100% correct, esp on forreign royals, they dont photshop and make up pretend stories like the german boulevard press. They also has political news, sports, entertainment etc etc
http://www.expressen.se/

catango said:
I think Princess Letizia is pregnant again, maybe that is the reason of her thiness, she was really thin when got pregnant for first time.
i think you are right. briefly before her pregnancy she was thinnest and that could be now again. i hope so.
whe she was pregnant she looks like 33 but so she realy looked older.

don't you think we should be a little more careful with the "i think she's pregnant again" post? no one has ever even thought that a pregnancy is a factor in the current discussions here, and i'm afraid those kind of statements lean towards, i'm sorry to say this, rumors and gossip.

i emphasized i think because i don't think it's right to say that, and we are not in the position to say so.

just my opinion. :flowers:

It is worst to say that she has a eating disorder, so please here nobody knows the true, and I remember you that this is a forum, and this is a topic where you could think everything, so I just say that because of the circunstances,so I think that could be.

Although this is a forum and everyone has the right to their own opinions - and all of them are appreciated, there's a thin line between "I think" statements and gossip.

In the specific rules of this thread, posted by Alexandria here, there's the following:

Alexandria said:
4) There is to be no speculation whatsoever.
If you want to make a point, then provide credible sources for your point. For example, if you think that Letizia is thinner now than in her journalist days, post pictures or make references to articles that demonstrate this. Unsupported comments or posts may be removed.

So, saying the princess might be pregnant without substantiating the information is pure speculation and, therefore, it doesn't belong in this thread (or in the Forums whatsoever).

Thanks for understanding,
Anna_R
Spanish Forum Moderator

http://www.lasalud.com.mx/index.php?id=534

Mexico, D.F., 23 of August (Writing Health World of Today). - She insists, like her circle of friendships, in which she eats perfectly well and that its thinness is something inherent to its physical constitution, but the photos taken during the last vacations of the real family in Palma de Mallorca in July of the this year, reveal that princess Letizia of Spain undergoes a terrible well-known nutritional upheaval like anorexy and that every time becomes more chronic.

The first rumors on a possible nutritional upheaval of the ex- journalist arose in March of the last year, when the weekly magazine Paris Match questioned if it underwent the bad call "of the princess", but this year, during their stay in Majorca, the means returned to question the extreme thinness of the princess of Asturias.

The German newspaper "Bild" published "the arms of Letizia are skinny, the thin face. From the birth her daughter, the princess has put itself very skinny. Its pretty face is sunk and full of furrows ". And the Newspaper of Majorca commented "the only thin princess of Europe seems a fading".

The efforts of Letizia to deny the rumors that have been provoked, something little common in the real family, only demonstrate the first symptom of the disease: the negation.

In the 2005 it managed to free the subject. After the birth of her Leonor daughter, she commented that more "rellenita" would enchant to him to gain weight of natural form to be a little, although did not worry to him to have lost some kilos after giving to light its infant. Nothing commented, but many doubts because arose the princess had problems of nauseas, vomit and gastritis during the nine months of her pregnancy, when these sufferings only occur in the first months of gestation.

Now with their skeletal figure adorning the covers of the magazines, return to attack it with force the journalists and the public in general. So everything becomes a vicious circle: to greater international attention, greater pressure to be perfect and consequently, less and less weight.

Letizia measures 1,68 meters and the weight 45 kilos, most probable is than it is stature zero, to much the two. But at the beginning of century XXI, when she still worked for the television, Lucia a thin but adorned figure with attractive curves, even that 22 of May of the 2004, when she became the wife of the heir of the crown of Spain, prince of Asturias Felipe de Borbón, still could be spoken of her weight and not of the absence of this one as she happens at the moment.

Without a doubt, a thin figure, and heals is attractive, but when somebody becomes thin dangerously, the face shines aged and the figure in general is like the one of a patient, and is exactly as well as princess Letizia shines.

When she studied in Mexico, 11 years ago, his aspect was completely different, its Mexican friend Sara Cuéllar, with whom lived while she studied in the University of Guadalajara was witness of this transformation and another one of its companions affirmed that from that Letizia time the vomit was induced and was obsessed with its weight.

Although the Real House has ignored the situation of Letizia, late that early they will have to pay attention, because if it wants to be again pregnant to try to have an inheriting man, hardly it will be able to obtain it, because its body would not resist it.

It is a fact that the upheaval that the princess suffers not generated overnight, the anorexy occurs gradually, the ex- journalist already was thin, even before the announcement his commitment, but in each public appearance its body was and thinner more.

When one becomes the princess of Asturias, it happens to be the center of attention worldwide and although already it was accustomed the cameras by his previous work like television presenter, his new position demanded an excellent appearance.

The pressure became suffocating, was already the woman more Vista and criticized in the Mother country after Reina Sofía, so the uncontrol and its obsession took it to add itself to list of the women of the royalty who suffer badly "of the princess".

In 1997 princess Victoria of Sweden suffered of anorexy, the Swedish real house summoned to the press and made the situation public. The means left it peacefully, the town supported their to him, received aid and today it is recovered completely.

Mette-Marit of Norway, before marrying with prince Haakon, was losing weight of drastic way due to stress and the nerves, its aspect terribly became haggard until it confessed publicly that it had lived difficult times and that was involved in the world of the drug; the Norwegians gave a confidence vote him and recovered their healthy aspect.

The Real House Norwegian has been first in making any incident public that can happen to him to the members of the real family and thus have managed to avoid rumors and tendenciosas speculations.

Alexandra of Denmark, before its wedding with prince Joaquin, also suffered a showy loss of weight, like Mary Donaldson, luckyly recognized his badly and she was put under a treatment that I take it to recover its self-esteem and its healthy and youthful aspect.

Princess Diana publicly spoke of his bulimia and anorexy, caused mainly by an inferiority complex that prince Carlos imposed to him constantly when saying to him that she was fat. In addition to its passion by the fashion.

The young princess feels forced to be perfect in everything, to have to be exemplary, pleasant, obedient, delicate, and takes on their shoulders the responsibility of an image excelsa. Such pressure ends at anorexy.

The anoréxicas people experience an intense fear to the increase of weight although this one diminishes more and more and an alarming way. A distortion of the corporal image takes place, which forces to maintain the diet.

The fact of the loss of weight is practically denied always by the patient and usually it does not become aware of the disease. This malnutrición produces alterations, symptoms and upheavals: hypotension, alterations of the skin, gastrointestinales fall of hair, upheavals, etc. Also to obsessive symptoms of anxiety, depression occur and.

Most of the affected ones they perceive a distorted corporal image because they see too much fat without paying attention to the skinny thing that it is his aspect.

These women present/display some very peculiar characteristics as they are it: A file of light overweight. They begin having a light overweight reason why they are put under strict diets and soon they do not stop when they arrive at the looked for weight but that, they are pleased, and they continued losing weight.

An excessive desire to please to the others and to avoid estresantes situations: they try to please to the others to expenses of its own happiness reason why they develop a rigid personality, expressed in an excessive necessity to follow rules and a tendency to criticize to the others. They try to maintain the control on its surroundings because they do not have control on its own life.

Election of a liking or a race that grants great importance to the weight: the races of dancer, actress, model and sportsman, foment this disease because a high value is granted to him to have a thin and healthful aspect. The same it happens to the princess.

The nervous anorexy is an upheaval of the nourishing behavior that is characterized by a significant loss of the corporal weight normally produced by the voluntary decision to become thin.

This thinning is obtained suppressing or reducing the food consumption, specially "those that also get fat" and with certain frequency by means of vomits, illegal use of laxatives, exaggerated physical exercise, as well as the consumption of anorexígenos and diuréticos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infanteleonor

Would you be able to edit your post and add a few paragraphs. The article is incredible hard to read.

Many Thanks :flowers:

Hi Oppie,

I've read the article from Lasalud.com.mx and in my opinion is full of lies.

They say it's a fact that Letizia is anorexic (nobody knows that) and even goes to say how other princesses lost weight for their weddings and admitted having weight problems (not true either).

This article also mentions that one of Letizia's roommates while she was living in Mexico, states that she was obssesed with her weight and would make herself vomit (I really doubt it).

I understand why everybody talks about Letizia's weight. She is in the public eye and many people are interested in her. It is obvios that she has lost weight but it is incredible to what extents some publications will go to and twist information.

Oppie said:
Infanteleonor

Would you be able to edit your post and add a few paragraphs. The article is incredible hard to read.

Many Thanks :flowers:

infanteleonor said:

The article is a copy of the previous ones, does not say anything new, to copy and to stick. I do not deal because the Mexican press speculates on anything of what they do not have idea. I imagine that speaking about Letizia they sell more.

In these articles, ignorant journalists speculate in an incredible way ... and they commit many incorrectnesses and mistakes. Mixing symptoms of anorexia, of bulimia, of pregnancy...

- An anorexic woman cannot remain a pregnant woman. One of the symptoms of the anorexia is the retreat of the menstruation, which prevents therefore a pregnancy. If Letizia who was very thin in January, 2005, and of that they said that she was anorexic in January - February, 2005 ... it had been really, Leonor would never have born.

- On the commentary of the nauseas in the pregnancy, the commentary that they do is a lie. Because if it is true that the nauseas are more common in all women in the first 3 months of the pregnancy, there are many cases oif women that suffer it during the whole pregnancy (in case of Letizia influenced also by the constant trips in car and helicopter).

- Letizia is not forced to have a son male, on the contrary, would be much better that she took beautiful girls as Leonor.

- Another thing, there is curious the manipulation that they do of the psychological topic. A patient denies his thinness, someone that is ill with anorexia believes that it is fat... Letizia has never denied it... About Saying that her thinness is constitutional it is not to deny the thinness, but to deny that another type of disease is had ... that are very different things. She admits that she is thin, in occasions she has said that it would not matter for her to gain any kilos, and does little she has said that though after Leonor's birth she has lost kilos, it does not matter for her.

Last edited:
I don't think neither Letizia nor the Royal House would deny if she really had an eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia and whatever other diseases.. And it is not nice :mad: of her "friend" Sara Cuéllar saying that Letizia used to induce vomit if she really did it.. :dry:
Anyway just another paper, magazine i don't know.. that need to raise it sells..
Thanks for the article infanteleonor :flowers:

Mari_* said:
I don't think neither Letizia nor the Royal House would deny if she really had an eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia and whatever other diseases.. And it is not nice :mad: of her "friend" Sara Cuéllar saying that Letizia used to induce vomit if she really did it.. :dry:
Anyway just another paper, magazine i don't know.. that need to raise it sells..
Thanks for the article infanteleonor :flowers:

The Royal Household already denied it, Letizia already denied it .. that are going to deny it whenever they should speculate on the topic?... If the press does not want to believe it it is their problem, but they already have denied it...

Her friend? But do you know your her? :ROFLMAO: ... please, do not be so incredulous ... anyone can say any thing of famous someone to win a few minutes of reputation and some money... If she was a friend she would never have said not like that at all ... with friends like that who needs enemies...:bash:

This will end up by being like the supposed cancer of the King Juan Carlos, of which there was all kinds of rumors ... and nothing ... those who were spreading the rumors were saying that the Royal Household was concealing it ... the reality is a bit obstinate, because a disease like that cannot hide ... and the King neither was deposited, nor disappeared of the public life for weeks, nor lost very much weight, nor lost hair in the treatment ... no symptom, but the rumor was that he was sick.

Letizia is very thin, there is all kinds of speculations ... but she does not show any symptom ... she does not even hide herself, stops coming neither to acts nor nothing similar...

The persons are not of iron, and the medicine does not do magic ... if a person is really sick, it is not anything that hides itself easily ... and less it is possible to conceal when it is inspected very much on a topic ... because if it is inspected very much, the people are hoping that the things are demonstrated ... and ultimately or they are demonstrated and are confirmed ... or there is discovered that it is a lie...

Last edited:
Where her friend said that Letizia used to vomit?Is there any credible source of that,or it's only kind of "a friend or her friend said that her friend said that"?

Wasn't a "friend" from Mexico who also labelled Letizia some kind of a "steel woman" that was so ambitious that would not hesitate to hurt others to get what she wanted?

This subject is running in circles...

TamaraKhan said:
Where her friend said that Letizia used to vomit?Is there any credible source of that,or it's only kind of "a friend or her friend said that her friend said that"?

The article from LaSalud.com.mx posted by Infateleonor states that Letizia's roommate in Mexico said Letizia used to make herself vomit. Again, this article has not foundation whatsoever and they probably made that comment up.

My personal opinion is that Letizia is too thin -- but my doctor says I'm 40 pounds or so overweight, so I'm sort of biased.

But IF Princess Letizia wants to gain some weight, I'll be happy to send her some since I have some to spare!

:>)

Please read the previously posted warning:

Anna_R said:
Although this is a forum and everyone has the right to their own opinions - and all of them are appreciated, there's a thin line between "I think" statements and gossip.

In the specific rules of this thread, posted by Alexandria here, there's the following:

4) There is to be no speculation whatsoever.
If you want to make a point, then provide credible sources for your point. For example, if you think that Letizia is thinner now than in her journalist days, post pictures or make references to articles that demonstrate this. Unsupported comments or posts may be removed.

So, saying the princess might be pregnant without substantiating the information is pure speculation and, therefore, it doesn't belong in this thread (or in the Forums whatsoever).

Thanks for understanding,
Anna_R
Spanish Forum Moderator

This includes any and all discussions of Letizia being pregnant or Letizia allegedly having vomitted. If there is credible evidence of Letizia vomitting at some time in her life, then post it and that can be discussed, but so long as it's an unreliable source saying this, then it is not up for discussion in this thread or elsewhere.

Another infraction of the guidelines outlined in this thread will result in this thread being closed.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator

Meredith said:
Wasn't a "friend" from Mexico who also labelled Letizia some kind of a "steel woman" that was so ambitious that would not hesitate to hurt others to get what she wanted?

This subject is running in circles...

I think the ambitious thing is partially true,there was running a video from when she was studying in Mexico,and where she said that she gives herself ten years to accomplish what's in her mind.

I think one should be realy ambitious and with an iron's will to think like that,but i don't know about hurting others thing to reach what she wanted.

lula said:
The Royal Household already denied it, Letizia already denied it..
Yes and that is what anoys me :mad:, if SHE, HERSELF, LETIZIA DENIED IT and the ROYAL HOUSE DENIED IT. Why press, and media are so insitant!!
lula said:
Her friend? But do you know your her? :ROFLMAO: ... please, do not be so incredulous ... anyone can say any thing of famous someone to win a few minutes of reputation and some money... If she was a friend she would never have said not like that at all ... with friends like that who needs enemies...:bash:
Oh yes I know im not that incredulous :lol: , that's why I quoted "Friend".

:flowers:

in all the manner if letizia had a problem related to nouriture
the prince would not leave his wife as that
of read letizia is very well surrounded by its family

Probably Princess Letizia is naturally thin that she got thinner because of stress or some other factors. As long as she's healthy I guess nobody should worry about her being skinny.

Its pointing out the obvious and I do apologise as I am not someone who generally likes repetition butI would like to add to the discussion if I may.

Letizia is genetically thin. Just look at her family.

There's no denying that Letizia has lost some weight in the past few months which could be a reflection of many things. Personally, I dont believe the Princess of Asturias can afford to loose any more weight.

Having been in an industry where eating disorders are rampant, I will confess that upon first glace of new photos of Letizia, my first thought was that she could very well be battling an eating disorder. Her face seemed quite frail and gaunt and her eyes a little sunken. I then took into account the positioning of the photo, as her head was tilted back a little.

The fact is, and it is a fact, that none of us here (unless on the inner loop) know what is the cause of her weight loss.

I do wish her good health and a little weight gain.

Based on the pictures, it seems that Letizia is really thin.. comparing her photos (both teenage years and field pics)..She's gifted with a supermodel body and I dont' think that she's sick.. she's just too thin to compare with other CPss.

I hardly think she has a supermodel body...it's just too skinny.

Most supermodels are very skinny

Though, Liza is still a beautiful woman, There is something not right. Those pictures says it all. & remember, that pictures , movies etc... all add about a good 10 pounds of weight. So in fact she is alot smaller than those pictures are saying. & that says alot.

If these pictures are actual & have not been manipulated, Then there is an issue going on & you don't have to be an expert to see that. You don't get skinner as you get older, You do retain weight, & it is harder to keep off. Yes, she is a young woman but, the body does go through it's changes after childbirth.

I just that hope that all goes well for her.

Mathilde1286 said:
I hardly think she has a supermodel body...it's just too skinny.

You got that right. Outside of a Few Wafe model's Models today are curvy that super skinniny look is out & has been out for a while now.

This all just reminds me of Diana, Not to say that Liza has any problems. But, all the excuse & spin that went on back then, Sounds the same today.

It's the same song Just a different dance.

she looks terrible thin in the new pictures (Mallorca dinner)! She looks anoretic, I know she is not but she looks like she is anoretic and super super skinn in that red flower dress. Look at the diferent between the two ladies!Of course Infanta Cristina is over weight but Letizia looks like a young lady!

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71733252rz9.jpg

Cristina is definitely NOT overweight, she looks great. And so what if Letizia is on the skinny side right now, that might change tomorrow. I think she looks happy and healthy!

Ani

biboquinhas said:
she looks terrible thin in the new pictures (Mallorca dinner)! She looks anoretic, I know she is not but she looks like she is anoretic and super super skinn in that red flower dress. Look at the diferent between the two ladies!Of course Infanta Cristina is over weight but Letizia looks like a young lady!

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71733252rz9.jpg

There are many body types, there are tall girls like Cristina who i dont think is chubby but neither the skinny type, she has a pretty normal proportion for her height. Letizia is a thin girl which has a fast metabolism and can have difficulties to get some weight but i doubt it is a priority for her at this moment.

Cristina does not look overweight in any way! Lets not forget she is a tall and broad(shouldered) woman.To me she looks just right.
Letizia looked healthier yesterday than she has done all summer IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom