Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of her weight loss has to do with the amount of stress she suddenly had to take on in becoming engaged and later married to Felipe. Becoming the "future Queen" to a country is a much bigger job then a news anchor woman, I'm sure that has a huge influence on her. Suddenly her country is her job, and not just her home or nationality, ya know?

It is also true that many women slim down before their wedding, and when your wedding is going to be broadcast across the world it might be a little more of a push for you to want to slim down slightly, whether you need to or not, right?

Sometimes a princess just can't win.

Letizia loses weight and people think she has a weight issue.

In another thread someone commented that Maxima seems to have gained some pounds, hence a weight issue of a different kind.

Maybe someone could decide on the ideal weight for a princess and a memo could be sent to all the princessess can either gain weight or lose weight to reach this ideal weight and everyone can be satisfied.

Genevieve said:
Sometimes a princess just can't win.

Letizia loses weight and people think she has a weight issue.

In another thread someone commented that Maxima seems to have gained some pounds, hence a weight issue of a different kind.

Maybe someone could decide on the ideal weight for a princess and a memo could be sent to all the princessess can either gain weight or lose weight to reach this ideal weight and everyone can be satisfied.
Good point Genevieve!

Well, I didn't say anything yet about this topic, but I read something at other board that has a thread about this very topic and it really caught my eye:

"It was mentioned to Felipe something about Letizia lack of eating, he said that she ate all right but she burned it all out"

For what I can see, Letizia has a pretty fast metabolism, in the various profiles I read about her before the wedding, one thing common to all of them was how she watches her diet and how she used to work out everyday.

It's clear in her face that she's a healthy woman (though sometimes a bit tired). C'mon guys, it's been said before and I'll repeat it here, could someone that were ill or had a poor diet stand such a heavy schedule as she and Felipe have?

One is entitled to take care of its own body the way it suits best. So, if Letizia likes to be slim, let her be.

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, it wans't my intention.

weight can be so personal... u can either be natural thin (or just be careful with what u eat)... i suffered from annorexia and eating disorders and sometimes ppl feel calm when they eat less... and i guess everyone needs to be comfortable in there own skin... sometimes im really quick to judge when i shouldnt... we cant judge anyone we dont know... i think shes beautiful and lucky and has a magical future ahead of her :)

i just got married and everyone told me that i'm so skin. is it true that getting married can make you lose weight?

As I said in the post concerning Mary, a little weight in the right places never hurt anyone, but if she's naturally thin, then I suspect she won't gain much weight.

Nose Operation instead of losing weight!

Letizia does not look healthy at all for she losed weight a lot. She looks like an anorexian, her face got thinner and she has much more wrinkles on her face.

Instead of losing weight she need to have her curved nose operated!

nilah said:
Letizia does not look healthy at all for she losed weight a lot. She looks like an anorexian, her face got thinner and she has much more wrinkles on her face.

Instead of losing weight she need to have her curved nose operated!
You cannot tell that someone has an eating disorder just by looking at them. To declare that Letizia or anyone has an eating disorder based on some pictures posted online or in a magazine is a great disservice to not only that person but to everyone reading such a forum or a magazine. Unless you have examined the person yourself or seen her medical records it is not fair to say that she has such a serious problem as an eating disorder. That is irresponsible. And it is not nice to say that she needs her nose fixed. Did you ever hear that beauty is only skin deep? I hope the person who wrote this has a perfect body and a perfect nose.

Though contrary opinions are welcomed and respected,this subject is inflammatory and is not conducive to positive discussion. Most importantly, it is not based on any truth, just mere speculation; therefore, this thread is closed.

Ennyllorac

The Royal Forums Administrator

Last edited:
As the subject of Letizia's weight is an ongoing one and an issue that will not go away, the moderators of the Spanish forum have decided to create a specific thread to discuss this subject.

We are doing so for the following reasons:
1) As stated, it's not a subject that is going away anytime soon. It is a subject of discussion for all members, new and old.
2) It is a subject that "infects" numerous threads, whether it be threads that involve the rest of the royal family or the activities of Felipe and Letizia, Letizia alone, or even threads about Leonor. This can be rather distracting as such discussions overshadow other comments or discussions of other royals involved, and also distracts from the discussion of Letizia's weight itself.
3) Members who do not care to discuss Letizia's weight for whatever reason, whether it's because they feel it has been discussed too much or shouldn't be a discussion at all, can choose to avoid this particular thread. That way they can visit other threads about the Spanish royal family and not feel like they are bombarded with another endless discussion about Letizia's weight.

The moderators of the Spanish forum are creating this thread with some reservations, and as such, we have definitive rules about how the discussion in this thread will be conducted. Please read them carefully. Failure to comply with the specific guidelines below will result in the post (and related replies to such a post) deleted immediately without notice to the members. Depending on the severity of the infraction, members may face disciplinary action for them.

1) Nobody here is Letizia's personal medical doctor. As such, there is to be no references to anything medically-related regarding Letizia's weight. Or computer couch potato diagnoses of Letizia being anorexic or the like.

2) This is a contemptuous issue. Some things will be said that fans of Letizia may not like. Some things will be said that in general that members will not like. Before posting, please re-read the post in question to ensure that you are not misreading it. Ask for clarification of a point if you are unsure of something. Don't just assume something about another member's comment.

3) Please post your replies with a level head. This can be an emotionally-charged topic and having a series of hot-headed posts does not help anyone to understand the other side or to understand the issues being discussed.

4) There is to be no speculation whatsoever.
If you want to make a point, then provide credible sources for your point. For example, if you think that Letizia is thinner now than in her journalist days, post pictures or make references to articles that demonstrate this. Unsupported comments or posts may be removed.

5) If you are going to post pictures to support your explanation, remember to cite all the sources for the pictures of all the pictures being posted. Remember to re-host the image via another means such as Photobucket, Image Shack, Tiny Pic, etc. Failure to cite sources will result in the images being removed immediately as failure to compy with our Copyright Policy can result in TRF or the member posting the picture(s) being sued.

We are starting fresh with this thread, although there have been numerous other discussions of Letizia's weight in other threads. Any and all discussion about Letizia's weight will be confined to this thread only. New posts made in reference to Letizia's weight in other threads may be moved to this one.

If you have questions about this thread, such as what is and is not permissible, please contact Elsa M., Anna_R or Alexandria to discuss it. Likewise if you have concerns about this thread.

Elsa M., Anna_R, Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderators

believe that the case of letizia is more complex it is true than letizia was always thin and it is possible that it is it still more with the pressure her sister are it I saw a photograph of telma aussin thin that letizia in one stores for this reason one cannot speak about anorexia letizia answers has this question too once

i personally think she was always too thin but she is even thinner now than when she worked as a journalist. these days she is looking life a waif. it cant be healthy imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think she is very thin (especially her upper arms do look scary sometimes), but i guess since she joined the royal family she has been checked by a doctor numerous times (which probably all members of the family have undergone) and that doctor will make sure she is healthy emough to do the work she does all day. If that doctor had seen a problem than he probably would have suggested that she had to stay out of the limelight for a while. So I think she's fine..:neutral: Just my humble opinion..

Mascha said:
I also think she is very thin (especially her upper arms do look scary sometimes), but i guess since she joined the royal family she has been checked by a doctor numerous times (which probably all members of the family have undergone) and that doctor will make sure she is healthy emough to do the work she does all day. If that doctor had seen a problem than he probably would have suggested that she had to stay out of the limelight for a while. So I think she's fine..:neutral: Just my humble opinion..
I agree with your humble opinion :lol:
I think she really has lost weight since the birth of Leo, but I think that less than we all think (or than she looks like). As far as I'm concerned, if you are fat and then you loose 2-3 kilos it is almost unnoticeable, but when you are skinny and loose those 2-3 kilos it looks like 10 kilos and everyone think you are anorectic. At least it worked with my sister: she is very tall and slender and once she started practicing dancing more professional, 3 times a week. She has lost I think only 3 kilos during the month, but she looked very skinny (although she was very happy because of dancing) and every aunt was telling my mum to feed her better or to go to the doctor ;) :lol:

It is well established that she is very thin naturally. Add to that she is probably still breastfeeding a good sized baby.It is fairly obvious from pictures with the soother that the Infanta is still nursing. There is your weight loss. Perhaps the royal paediatrician should involve himself and the Princess might get some chance to gain a little weight.

Everybody Knows That She Is And Was Thin, But These Days Is More Notorius Her Weigth, Her Face Looks So Bad, That You Really Dont Know What To Think

As you can see from other posts I've made in different threads, I'm not denying Letizia is thin but in this photo her face doesn't look nearly as gaunt as it does in the photos from the marivent photosession and it was taken only just a week or so before.

(source:polfoto)
I know the photo isn't as close up as the one from the photoshoot and the angle is different but they look like two different faces to me!! At Marivent Letizia looked very tired and rather pale and I don't think that her blouse helped as the neck was too high!!

If you look at early photos of her, around engagement and wedding, she looks much healthier. Her face is fuller. I thought people were being overly critical until I looked at the early photos and compared with now. She is much too thin and it makes her look quite a bit older. It may not be anything she can help, as active as she is and nursing.

...sOfIa.... said:
As you can see from other posts I've made in different threads, I'm not denying Letizia is thin but in this photo her face doesn't look nearly as gaunt as it does in the photos from the marivent photosession and it was taken only just a week or so before.

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=letiziapolfotooi1.jpghttp://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=letiziapolfoto2iq3.jpg
(source:polfoto)
I know the photo isn't as close up as the one from the photoshoot and the angle is different but they look like two different faces to me!! At Marivent Letizia looked very tired and rather pale and I don't think that her blouse helped as the neck was too high!!

The hair in the first picture -- down, loose curls might also give the illusion of a fuller face since the curls add contours to the face that the straight hair at the Marivent photo shoot does not.

And again, as you said, the proximity of the camera makes a difference, too.

We can give our impressions about her pictures but apart from what we think, she is denying the rumours like the royal house did once. That takes us to the point of departure, even if she is sick, stressed or just merely not able to maintain some pounds on, it is her problem and im sure she is very capable to deal with whatever it is. Weight is something very relative as all of us have an idea of how we like to see ourselves and how we think other people would look better, maybe for her she is fine the way she is and if for her husband it is ok too, then all this fuss about her weight is just another way of selling magazines but without any constructive thing to say. Even in the case of Victoria of Sweeden that had a real eating disorder, the best thing for her was for sure being left alone (by the press) to deal with it.

I give my modest contribution just to say THANK YOU MODERATORS :clap: for relieving us of this sujbect in this special thread !
I propose that we open another new one, dramaticly called "Bad blood between SRF members":boxing: so the rest of us can completely and peacefully enjoy :flowers: !!!

Lunalu said:
I propose that we open another new one, dramaticly called "Bad blood between SRF members":boxing: so the rest of us can completely and peacefully enjoy :flowers: !!!

perhaps you could call it the 'death match' thread.

great fun!

It is quite normal that we have all these gossips invented about the royals and that they are critized even for nonsense stuff. It is part of human nature in a sad way. We can see this attitude related to artists, politicians and people in general, at work or at office even in our own families. So we shouldnt expect royals to be an exception. I think it is our opportunity as individual and human beings to grow and to develop better ways to relate with other people so we can try to be different and avoid creating and telling rumours about people that in some few cases can turn out to be true but in most cases are false informations made to make harm, sell magazines and entertain lazy minds.

I think the pressure that these young women are under either real or imagined must be enormous but imo this CP is under weight and more so since the birth of their daughter. She is looking likr someone who is having some problems relaxing and just enjoying.I hope things work out ok in the end for her.

Letizia's Evolution...
Before:

After:

sources: Seeger Press, Diez Minutos, Wireimage and TVE captions provided by www.letiziaortiz.tk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks crisiñaki for the photos, thus we can compare better,the one of Letizia goes change :wacko: :ohmy: :ohmy:
In the first photos it was until beautiful !!!!

Last edited:
I really do not think who letizia is anorexic but its new life made him lose weight I am on with kilos in more it will find all its beauty
for the next pregnancy

Don't forget people that anorexia is a mental disorder. I don't think she has anorexia because we see pictures of her and Felipe and read from publications that they love to go out to eat plus they eat in some of their official events they go to. Anorexics don't like food. She is very thin now, but that doesn't mean that she's anorexic. All anorexics are thin, but not all thin people are anorexic. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom