Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lula said:
Since there is no another topic, it turns to this, really we are needed from news.:ROFLMAO:

Whom it could see, I recommend the Hola of this week, there appear the mother and the sisters of Letizia, and it is possible to see like they are all. One sees as Thelma has lost weight in the time that has been out. Or to see to Paloma with more than 50 years and 3 daughters, dressing the same jacket that her daughter. Evidently Letizia has a life with more pressure and stress and it influences. But they all are similar.

Yes,.... finally someone speaks with logic.:flowers:

I don't think her life is too stress at all! She hasn't appear for a long time, she must be at her Palace with her daugther, lots of employees doing everyting for them and also too Nannys taking care of Leonor. When she goes out the only thing she must take care is her clothes, her make up, her purse, so please her life is no stress at all!!!

biboquinhas said:
I don't think her life is too stress at all! She hasn't appear for a long time, she must be at her Palace with her daugther, lots of employees doing everyting for them and also too Nannys taking care of Leonor. When she goes out the only thing she must take care is her clothes, her make up, her purse, so please her life is no stress at all!!!

Absolutely right. Her only daily problem is how to appear well, she left behind her all the normal life's problems.

Is the fisrt time i see someone speaking in this way to this forum, usually it is the opposite, according to many members royals lifes are full of such stress and misery than it would be much much better if they were usual people running to catch the bus, to catch the job, to catch the family and to count their pennies in the end of the month., IF they are some pennies left...:bang:

Back to Letizia, I think that talking about stress we mean just the effort to appear well and not to deceive Felipe on his decision, this is an important fight for her. We should not forget that Letizia, comes from a completely "other" world than Felipe's, and she had everything to learn. This is not easy, and could provoke some stress, extremely in the beginning.
To suddenly learn, how to "speak", how to "eat", protokol, reverences, deep history, how to "call" the officials, how to stand in each official occasion, etc etc, it may be painfull.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:

Sorry, I do not think that nowadays any royal house, except Brunei maybe, has a lot of employees. Moreover, Royal House of Spain is not so rich than other Royal Houses as you can see in the dress that they use. Looking at the Letizia´s dress I do not think that she waste the money with a lot of nannys, as you say, like other princess do

You demonstrate to know little, for which the Spanish society expects from the Royal Family. Yes, they have a life with many privileges, but also a life with many disadvantages and many negative things. From the beginning Letizia is submitted to many pressure, they have turned her into center of many things, and any thing that she does, a debate motivates, for absurdity that it is this.

Yes, to live in a palace is very nice, but to live enclosed in it, with scanty opportunities to do an a bit more normal life, it it is not so much. More when you have to live determined that a terrorist group you turns into aim.

The Prince repeats a phrase that has been recorded to fire, and it is that his position must gain it every day. Letizia now have less activity because an inconvinient pregnancy is living. But the Princes of Asturias are of more assets and workers. And for the present time, Letizia cannot allow her the luxury of spend thousands of Euros in clothes to go shopping to Paris or London. And the Prince cannot take vacations when he desires and to disappear.

The money, the luxury and the nice clothes it are not quite. And there are many other things in the life ... a calm life, without so many responsibilities, without living under the shade of a bodyguard, without each of your movements is judged...

Last edited:
lula said:
You demonstrate to know little, for which the Spanish society expects from the Royal Family. Yes, they have a life with many privileges, but also a life with many disadvantages and many negative things. From the beginning Letizia is submitted to many pressure, they have turned her into center of many things, and any thing that she does, a debate motivates, for absurdity that it is this.

Fully agree on that. And I think Spanish royals really feel very sensitive to people's opinion, they respect it. This is the reason they are so loved.

lula said:
But the Princes of Asturias are of more assets and workers. And for the present time, Letizia cannot allow her the luxury of thousands of Euros becoming exhausted in clothes to go shopping to Paris or London. And the Prince cannot take vacations when he desires and to disappear.

The money, the luxury and the nice clothes it are not quite. And there are many other things in the life ... a calm life, without so many responsibilities, without living under the shade of a bodyguard, without each of your movements is judged...

But she has the main also, a man who laves her and a nice family, so money and luxury comes in top of.
Of course life is never extremely black or extremely white. But I think that THEIR life is not more tiring and stressing than average people's life. Felipe was BORN in, but Letizia knows very well what means to try to have a job, to try to be good in her job, to face unemployement risk, to take public subway, etc etc, and at the end if you succeed you can go shopping in Zara.
Look that she wears, is not that luxury of thousand of Euros??? And she does not need to go shopping in paris or London, she has enough in Spain.

fanletizia said:
Sorry, I do not think that nowadays any royal house, except Brunei maybe, has a lot of employees. Moreover, Royal House of Spain is not so rich than other Royal Houses as you can see in the dress that they use. Looking at the Letizia´s dress I do not think that she waste the money with a lot of nannys, as you say, like other princess do

I'm sorry, she wears shoes of 500€ the pair, ALL with coordinate bags, of snake peel or brodery, is that low price?? And she changes very often. This is not bad, she is a Princess and she should appear well, but do not turn it into "she does not spend". And do you think that she cleans up her bathroom after the shower every morning?
Do not tell me that she recycles, every woman does it. Princess Caroline got married with EA wearing an old Chanel, it did not mean that she could not afford a new one, she liked she worn it.
Royal families live very well. Some of them are carefull to critics, and they do not waste the money from the windows. Of course Letizia can not spend money like Victoria Bekham, and in anyway I think is not her caracter...

Last edited:
Evidently she is a Princess and has a wardrobe of agreement with her status and function. She is not going to go to an official act dressed in Zara, because in Spain there would be thousands of equal models. But, for example, she has dressed of Adolfo Dominguez, who is a good designer, relatively economic; though they were doing the same designs but in a color that only had she. Like they have in her cupboard Blanhik's shoes, which are very expensive and a footwear of Castañer, Camper and other Spanish companies that are perfectly accessible.

But also it is true, that if you compare it with any of her "companions of work", is probably the one that less spends in wardrobe in agreement to the activities that she has. Some princesses also might fill their cupboards in their countries ( Infanta Elena does it out of Spain), and nevertheless they decide to do it out, Letizia does not have this option. Evidently a Princess, a First Lady or one great businesswoman, is not going to have the same clothes in her cupboard that a nurse. They have different works, different salaries and different responsibilities. But not as it one has a life better or easier than different. Every person in her circumstances.

fandesacs2003 said:
Absolutely right. Her only daily problem is how to appear well, she left behind her all the normal life's problems.

Is the fisrt time i see someone speaking in this way to this forum, usually it is the opposite, according to many members royals lifes are full of such stress and misery than it would be much much better if they were usual people running to catch the bus, to catch the job, to catch the family and to count their pennies in the end of the month., IF they are some pennies left...:bang:

Back to Letizia, I think that talking about stress we mean just the effort to appear well and not to deceive Felipe on his decision, this is an important fight for her. We should not forget that Letizia, comes from a completely "other" world than Felipe's, and she had everything to learn. This is not easy, and could provoke some stress, extremely in the beginning.
To suddenly learn, how to "speak", how to "eat", protokol, reverences, deep history, how to "call" the officials, how to stand in each official occasion, etc etc, it may be painfull.

I agree wit you. We have to remember that Letizia was a COMMONER, being a public figure (because they are, like it or not) is not easy. I agree her weight it doesn't look healthy, but might be she still breast feeding Leonor, and she must to accomplish SRH expectations. And looking her mother and sisters, it seems she always has thinner complex, of course with the pregnancy and all, she lost more weight.
I don't think she's anorexic, but it wouldn't hurt to gain a couple of pounds, she's pretty.
I guess I'll send to La Zarzuela some tacos or tortas... or McDonald's

:)

Letizia is a beautiful and naturally thin woman, but more importantly she is a wonderful princess.

I was looking at an old magazine with pictures of her first presentation to the press back in 2003 she was thin but looked great. She looks so haggard now but it maybe due to her aging or being pregnant every single year of her marriage.

There was a time when Letizia didn´t look healthy at all, she was skinny, maybe not anorexic, that only her doctor knows; I think she went through a hard time,when she was engaged and after the marriage. It is very stressful for anyone, but maybe more for Letizia, who was not totally accepted especially by the media and part of the Royal Family.

It's true that Letizia looks older than she really is, especially last summer at Marivent photosession. When she worked as a journalist she looked much more beautiful and healthier but that doesn't mean she is anorexic because not all thin people is anorexic.

I don't think Letizia looks older than she is. :mad: I think she looks wonderful. She's young and healty and definitely not anorexic. She's always been thin and stress adds to that, that's completly normal. It works like that on everyone, it's just more visible on her. She's a happy, healthy, young mother :flowers:

fandesacs2003 said:
I'm sorry, she wears shoes of 500€ the pair, ALL with coordinate bags, of snake peel or brodery, is that low price?

She has a few pairs of 500 Euro shoes from Pedro García or Manolo Blanhik, but most of her shoes were at the range of 120-200 (I believe the article was posted here). Most of her bags were also made in Spain, didn't look expensive to me at all since I collect purses myself. I heard her designers Felipe Varela and Adolfo Dominguez often gave her coordinated shoes/purses as a package with the clothes she bought.

I always thought Letizia is extremy thin, but I don't think she's ill. :ermm:
Now that she's pregnant she got some extra weight and to be honest: I think she looks so much prettier! I never saw this picture before and I was rather shocked when I saw it. It reminded me of the pictures of CP Victoria in the late 90s!
But I think the picture isn't that actual and maybe she got some extra weight.
It's strange to see how many discussions there are about Letizia's weight! For the Magazines it is THE topic number one... In my opinion this just makes the situation worse. :wacko:
Maybe Letizia is just one of these women who can eat everything they like and just don't get more weight. ;)
But IMO a bit more "weight" suites her better (watching old engagement pictures) and she looks more healthy then...
So, that's my opinion.:rolleyes:

Tinika said:
I have to admit that I really have no idea whether she suffers from an eating disorder or not, but the pictures you have linked to, Verde Esmeralda, are startling.
Yes indeed, and so are many other pics posted in previous messages in this forum! brrrrr

Lula, you're right. No matter how glamorous, easy, dreamy life royals seem to have, nothing is really for free. The price is high. So are the risks.

But overall, let's keep this in mind: we're making judgements on the basis of our, and other's, assumptions. We are not royals (but this doesn't mean that they are supernatural or whatever), and probably never will. We DON'T know how they really feel or experience their not-traditional lifestyle.... at least, let's try to remain realistic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the Princess of Asturias for years and years as anchorwoman of the News on TVE Internacional (the international Spanish channel which is standard on Dutch cable). I do not see much difference between now and then. Miss Ortiz has always been petite.

Last edited:
Sincerely, it is that there are persons who could not understand that a person is like is. Some of them even seem to wish that she was ill, because here one does not speak about an aesthetic aspect, but of a disease very seriously that goes beyond the aesthetic thing. On that here the people pledge in speculating as if it was a question of speaking about a new shoes.

Probably if instead of being thin, she was obese, there would no be a full forum of post, that insist again and again that should slim. And really one would be so worrying as the different thing. Since the anorexia is a disease that relates to the famous people, to the models, the stars of cinema ... the people get obsessed with this topic. When really the obesity and the overweight is one of the big problems of the population in many countries.

Always it has had fat and thin people, and they will continue being, and often it is not solved eating more or eating less, because in many occasions it is linked to the own metabolism.

The sad thing is that there is a press that does business of these matters, which there are persons who are frivolous with these topics... and the only thing that there obtain the persons who act that way, is that there are more sick persons who are not accepted to if same.

lula said:
Probably if instead of being thin, she was obese, there would no be a full forum of post, that insist again and again that should slim. And really one would be so worrying as the different thing. Since the anorexia is a disease that relates to the famous people, to the models, the stars of cinema ... the people get obsessed with this topic. When really the obesity and the overweight is one of the big problems of the population in many countries.

Always it has had fat and thin people, and they will continue being, and often it is not solved eating more or eating less, because in many occasions it is linked to the own metabolism.

Absolutely right.:lol:

Even during her old days as an TV journalist, her weight also fluctuated too. She looked quite thin in Galicia, had a fuller face at the 2003 PoA awards right before the engagement.
I think shorter hair with more blonde hightlight (like her old journalist days) will help brighten up her face.

lula said:
Sincerely, it is that there are persons who could not understand that a person is like is. Some of them even seem to wish that she was ill, because here one does not speak about an aesthetic aspect, but of a disease very seriously that goes beyond the aesthetic thing. On that here the people pledge in speculating as if it was a question of speaking about a new shoes.

The sad thing is that there is a press that does business of these matters, which there are persons who are frivolous with these topics... and the only thing that there obtain the persons who act that way, is that there are more sick persons who are not accepted to if same.

I see your viewpoint, but you do have to agree that Letizia looked too thin to the point of looking ill. I'm not saying she was ill, but she did not look good. There is nothing wrong with being thin and definitely nothing wrong with being overweight. That is not the point. The point is that Letizia looked better before marrying the prince. There will always be thin people and not too thin people, but we are discussing Letizia not the population of the world. She does not look as good as she used to...in some people's eyes...not in everyone's eyes!! I know I will get three hundred and one people teling me so many harsh things, but I just wanted to throw this out...

Doña Metizia said:
I was looking at an old magazine with pictures of her first presentation to the press back in 2003 she was thin but looked great. She looks so haggard now but it maybe due to her aging or being pregnant every single year of her marriage.

I think haggard is such a harsh word for a young woman. As many posters have pointed out, a lot of woman are naturally thin and no matter what they do they can't put weight on, I have such a friend. Being pregnant is an emotional time and I hate to think that she reads or hears comments critisizing her looks and weight. :sad:

I'm sure that her husband and families worry about her and support her if there is a problem!

Now that she has gained weight from pregnancy she looks great but she did not look that way before. There are many people that don't age well. I’m not saying it to be mean that is just what I think.

As some posters already mentioned only her belly has grown. And this is also my opinion. On that huge enlarged photo where you can see a nice closeup of Leonor´s face (don´t know whether it was this message board) if you scroll to the right you can also see Letizia´s face huge enlarged and that makes me already again a little nervous....(the photos are from their visit in that faunia-park in Madrid)

Nervous I feel when seeing that again they are going to begin to speculate on her measurement. Please you can let speculate on her body. She is thus and must accept. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

CRIS said:
Nervous I feel when seeing that again they are going to begin to speculate on her measurement. Please you can let speculate on her body. She is thus and must accept. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I agree with you CRIS. Letizia is thus and i don´t know why but people dont undertand it.

Stefanie said:
As some posters already mentioned only her belly has grown.

That is true. It's the same thing when she was pregnant with Leonor all the weight was in her belly and the baby of course was very healthy. She really is naturally thin.

I can't believe this thread is having more post! Princess of Asturais is really thin (as I am, by the way), but she is not ill. And yes...If she was fat, all people would be saying why she is not lossing some pounds.

Anorexia is a real disease; an awful problem from nowadays...but we mustn't get obsessive with it! I'm a member of another Forum about the Romanovs and there people got discussing for MONTHS if the two elder daughters of the last Tsar, Olga and Tatiana Nicholaievna could have been anorexic, only for they were extremely thin...Nonsense! You must know that sadly there is people (like me :lol: ) that just can't win weight. I forced myself to eat all things that could make me fat without any result, and my doctors just laughed and said I MUST ACCEPT I had a thin constitution. So, I must accept myself thin (even if I don't like to be thin) and don't make fuss over the issue. Sometimes, time to time, I get some weight in an unexplainable way, but I lot it quite fast. Again, doctor said it's a normal thing in these kind of thin persons.

So...Why couldn't we let Princess Letizia's weight issue aside? Maybe, like me, she is also tired of people saying she is "too thin" and asking to her if she is not "sick". If you are not thin, you doesn't know how tiresome it could be!:mad:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
I can't believe this thread is having more post! Princess of Asturais is really thin (as I am, by the way), but she is not ill. And yes...If she was fat, all people would be saying why she is not lossing some pounds.

Anorexia is a real disease; an awful problem from nowadays...but we mustn't get obsessive with it! I'm a member of another Forum about the Romanovs and there people got discussing for MONTHS if the two elder daughters of the last Tsar, Olga and Tatiana Nicholaievna could have been anorexic, only for they were extremely thin...Nonsense! You must know that sadly there is people (like me :lol: ) that just can't win weight. I forced myself to eat all things that could make me fat without any result, and my doctors just laughed and said I MUST ACCEPT I had a thin constitution. So, I must accept myself thin (even if I don't like to be thin) and don't make fuss over the issue. Sometimes, time to time, I get some weight in an unexplainable way, but I lot it quite fast. Again, doctor said it's a normal thing in these kind of thin persons.

So...Why couldn't we let Princess Letizia's weight issue aside? Maybe, like me, she is also tired of people saying she is "too thin" and asking to her if she is not "sick". If you are not thin, you doesn't know how tiresome it could be!:mad:

Vanesa.

Vanesa i´m ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you. I always has been veeery thin too and i undertand perfectly what you want to say. Princess Letizia is a very thin woman by nature and it makes no sense to continue speaking of this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom