Letizia's Maternity Leave with Leonor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
venus_samotracia said:
OK, 16 weeks for woman in job. Letiza job?:D

Your how always in your line.
To be A Princess also is a work, differently, but a work. Besides, for your dear ignorant information, the Princess beside being present at official acts, realizes activities in her office every day and continues realizing this them. :p

I think being a royal brings you lots of opportunities to do things that would be probably very hard to do for a commoner even for those who are rich. It is not just a status but also a very strong circle, full of traditions and responsabilities. It can be very useful and it is true that it has a price, but it is the wish of those countries to support them and as a result, royals have more and more responsabilities. In the case of the princesses, it is like a diplomatic job (at least in someway), but also they can be very helpful by sopporting charities and so on, giving a voice to those who needs one.

lula said:
Your how always in your line.
To be A Princess also is a work, differently, but a work. Besides, for your dear ignorant information, the Princess beside being present at official acts, realizes activities in her office every day and continues realizing this them. :p

Thanks for the information
You are absolutely courteous:)

lula said:
I believe that Letizia how woman and mother have the same rights that any woman, and in case of Spain the fall for maternity is 16 weeks .It is differently from the Nordic countries where they have up to 1 year. The politicians always speak of reconciling the familiar life and the labour one ... and in Spain we are slowed down in this sense. In addition she is still giving the breast to the girl and at certain hours she has to be with her.
Yesterday an article was appearing in the one that was commented, that though Letizia does not come to official acts, she continues realizing her activities of office. I imagine that when she recaptures her official acts itshe will do it totally, and it will be when she stops feeding Leonor. In Spain the women who work are in the habit of doing it the first 3 months, I imagine that it is what Letizia tries to do. She will do what they consider to be better for the girl.;)

Hahahahaha the best joke of the day!!!. :D :D

Scherezada said:
Hahahahaha the best joke of the day!!!. :D :D
Miss her already? Hang on, when she gets done breastfeeding Infanta Leonor then you'll get sick and tired of her again.

venus_samotracia said:
OK, 16 weeks for woman in job. Letiza job?:D

It's simply woman's right to have a maternity break, to breastfeed the baby, to spend the time with the baby, whether she is a princess, a housewife or a cleaning lady makes no difference.

planetcher said:
Miss her already? Hang on, when she gets done breastfeeding Infanta Leonor then you'll get sick and tired of her again.

Please, stay on topic. Princess Letizia has a personal thread where you can give your personal opinion and express your feelings about her.

Let me give you an advice, if you get sick and tired of Princess of Asturias you would have to concentrate on other royals beacuse it can affect your health, do not you think?

I hope that my answer would be courteous enough for you ;)

I think it is pretty interesting how things can get so personal. We are not discussing our personal lives...just Letizia's, who happens to be a public person. There is no need to say that someone's remarks are ignorant. We have the right to say what we feel and what we think of Letizia--or any other princess for that matter. Please don't take it so seriously. No one's health is going to be compromised because we are concentrating too much on the Princess of Asturias; however, we all have a right to express our opinion...whether you like it or not. There is really no right or wrong here...Letizia can really care less...let's have fun. Let's enjoy this forum...

I had promised myself not to give in and try to defend Letizia just because a couple of troublemakers are throwing baits everywhere to see who catches them first. I had chosen to ignore completely those people because they're nothing more than inflammatory, one throws the gas and the other lights the match...

Anyway, I decided to write just to state one thing: "How would you react if, just a couple of weeks after Leonor's birth, Letizia's schedule were back in full swing?"

I could bet my life that those same members, who are now complaining of Letizia's maternity leave, would be horrified for seeing her leaving her daughter alone at the care of nannies.

Letizia is enjoying the time that was given her, something that is extremely precious, the very first moments in the life of a child, her child. And as a mother I'm sure she doesn't want to miss a single one of them.

Let Letizia enjoy her daughter, be a mother - and only a mother - for some time. In March she'll be back and we'll have the loads of acts (and, consequently, the loads of pictures) we're used to.

I think a mother should be with her baby as long as possible, it is very hard for the little baby to handle with the absense of her/is mom. I hope they have the nanny already working with them so Leonor will get use to the nanny as soon as possible. I think three months are very few for any mother.

Meredith said:
I had promised myself not to give in and try to defend Letizia just because a couple of troublemakers are throwing baits everywhere to see who catches them first. I had chosen to ignore completely those people because they're nothing more than inflammatory, one throws the gas and the other lights the match...

Anyway, I decided to write just to state one thing: "How would you react if, just a couple of weeks after Leonor's birth, Letizia's schedule were back in full swing?"

I could bet my life that those same members, who are now complaining of Letizia's maternity leave, would be horrified for seeing her leaving her daughter alone at the care of nannies.

Letizia is enjoying the time that was given her, something that is extremely precious, the very first moments in the life of a child, her child. And as a mother I'm sure she doesn't want to miss a single one of them.

Let Letizia enjoy her daughter, be a mother - and only a mother - for some time. In March she'll be back and we'll have the loads of acts (and, consequently, the loads of pictures) we're used to.

I don't think it is necessary to call other members, including myself, who don't agree with your views/opinions, troublemakers. It is not about being troublemakers, this forum is about royals and voicing your opinion, expressing your thoughts about them. I think it is not kind to call people names just because they don't have your same views. Freedom of speech is a wonderful gift. Let's enjoy it!

What is the question ? The right for any woman to breastfeed her child ! it's ridiculous! Why Doña Letizia can't do that whithout criticism ? I don't understand except in only aim " to speak for nothing"

Furthermore, It's The Same Kind Of Debat About The Infanta's Jean ; DoÑa Letizia Is Showing Is Bad Taste In To Wearing Jeans Leonor; One More Time Ridiculous.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that everyone has the right to give their opinion and express their voice, that right and that freedom of speech is certainly a wonderful gift. We just need to remember that a right gives you a duty. This duty is a big responsability to be always respectful. We can disagree views and opinions, we can like or dislike things or situations, we can express that disagreement with the right attitude and not being offensive with other posters or with the royals, who by the way are human beings. We also need to remember that This particular forums are followed by people who really appreciate these royals, so you will find a great conviction to defend them. I just have an advice, we are all humans and we can make mistakes, we need to remember they make mistakes, their lifes are not perfect, like any other person. People cant expect that royals will always take the right decision or that their lifes, marriages and relationships are perfect. So be careful not to be so attached to an ideal image of anyone, that will avoid some dissapointments. Lets enjoy the forums and respect their guidelines and rules, with kindness and respect.

Wow! I was going to applaud Spain for their 16 weeks maternity leave but the Scandanavians have topped that! 1 year! 16 weeks is fairly repectable, I've had friends who have been back at work within a month, Letizia should enjoy her time off.

I happen to be a muppet.

Ariel said:
I agree that everyone has the right to give their opinion and express their voice, that right and that freedom of speech is certainly a wonderful gift. We just need to remember that a right gives you a duty. This duty is a big responsability to be always respectful. We can disagree views and opinions, we can like or dislike things or situations, we can express that disagreement with the right attitude and not being offensive with other posters or with the royals, who by the way are human beings. We also need to remember that This particular forums are followed by people who really appreciate these royals, so you will find a great conviction to defend them. I just have an advice, we are all humans and we can make mistakes, we need to remember they make mistakes, their lifes are not perfect, like any other person. People cant expect that royals will always take the right decision or that their lifes, marriages and relationships are perfect. So be careful not to be so attached to an ideal image of anyone, that will avoid some dissapointments. Lets enjoy the forums and respect their guidelines and rules, with kindness and respect.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060116/51217780203.html

The princess Letizia prepares her return to the work for February

MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR - 16/01/2006
MADRID

The princess of Asturias already is preparing her return to the work, which will take place the first days of February. After three months of maternal fall and in spite of the fact that she will continue giving the breast to her daughter, dona Letizia will join the next month to the official acts. Her first activity after the birth of the infanta Leonor will be, with all probability, to accompany the Prince in the inauguration of Cervantes sedates of the Institute in Sofia (Bulgaria), which will take place on February 8.
Though the Princess is not subject to a labour regulation, she has taken three months of permission for maternity, though for some weeks already she is dependent on the activities programmed from February.

Ariel said:
Do you think that Letizia will take Leonor with her to her trip to Bulgaria?

aaww.. i do hope Letizia will follow Mette-Marit's way and let little Leonor "follow her food" ;)

I hope she will not bring the baby, I think the babies take away the focus on the event and knowing that the spanish press is ever so more crazy and hysterical than the smal norwegian press there would be no focus on the event at all, it would all be "where is the baby", "when will we see her" "why cant we se Leonor" and the purpose of the Cervantes institue would be totally lost in baby stuff

On a sidenote is there any thing said if Princess Letizia will take up an agenda of her own when she is back from maternety leave, I remember reading here she was looking for a assistant/secretary/someone to organise her agenda and that would be a step on the way, no?

Larzen said:
On a sidenote is there any thing said if Princess Letizia will take up an agenda of her own when she is back from maternety leave, I remember reading here she was looking for a assistant/secretary/someone to organise her agenda and that would be a step on the way, no?

It of the secretary it was a rumor created by Internet that never managed to confirm ... it is more, the fault-finders of always criticized Letizia up to the boredom and enlarged the rumor turning to the secretary in the whole team of communication. So at the moment it is not known if she will have or not her own agenda. Though it turns out to be paradoxical if the Princess had her own agenda, there would be a small sector composed by the same ones that always criticize her that they would accuse her of dominating and of wanting to have protagonism.:confused: :eek:

Larzen said:
I hope she will not bring the baby, I think the babies take away the focus on the event and knowing that the spanish press is ever so more crazy and hysterical than the smal norwegian press there would be no focus on the event at all, it would all be "where is the baby", "when will we see her" "why cant we se Leonor" and the purpose of the Cervantes institue would be totally lost in baby stuff
I agree with you. Although we, royal watchers, would love to see Leonor, I'm sure that would turn out to be entertaining and steel the focous of the whole act, whose purpose is to disseminate the Spanish legacy throughout the world. Besides, these trips are usually very short (just 1/2 days), so there's no need to expose the little baby to such inconvenience.

yes, i see your points...
it would be divert the attention for the purpose of the trip for entertaining the press & public.
forgive my cluelessness (as i never have a baby before), how long can a baby stay without the mother's presence (i mean for food and everything?)

I remember that Prince Haakon a Princess Mette-Marit travelled with Ingrid Alexandra to the wedding of Princes of Asturias and nothing happened :rolleyes:

Yes but a wedding is very different than an official visit which is always very busy, Haakon and Mette-Marit were in Spain for two days and attended the dinner in the evening for a few hours the one day and then the wedding for some hours the next day, other thanthat they had the time off.

They also brought her for a 3 day official visit to Island which was IMO a BAD move, already when they arrived and met by the President and his wife the papers carried instead pictures of Ingrid in he maxi cosy and her nanny and stories like Ingrid was hidden for the press. Then during the rest of the 3 day trip the press kept asking why they could not see her here and there and in the end they posed for some pictures to be able to focus on the rest of the trip the last day.

And seeing every little thing the spanish press can create a huge polemic of its better to not give them any thing to fuel further critisism.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
yes, i see your points...
it would be divert the attention for the purpose of the trip for entertaining the press & public.
forgive my cluelessness (as i never have a baby before), how long can a baby stay without the mother's presence (i mean for food and everything?)

If a mother is only breastfeeding, she can extract her milk and it last on the fridge 24 hours. A woman can extract her milk, but maybe not enough for feeding the baby 24 hours. If she is already giving another milk (powder milk), then another person can feed her if she will be absent more than 24 hours.

Ariel said:
If a mother is only breastfeeding, she can extract her milk and it last on the fridge 24 hours. A woman can extract her milk, but maybe not enough for feeding the baby 24 hours. If she is already giving another milk (powder milk), then another person can feed her if she will be absent more than 24 hours.

Letizia must be giving the breast to the girl without resorting to complementary nourishment for the present time, and it seems that her intention is to continue doing it, I imagine that they were studying every trip and depending on the circumstances they were taking the girl to themselves or not.
Yesterday, for example, the Princes came later to Iñaki's dinner, I imagine that Letizia would have to give of eating the girl.
Leonor will have her babysitter, and two grandmothers always ready to deal with her when the work allows it to them, so they will not have problems.;)

It is very nice that she decided to keep on breastfeeding as far as possible. It is not so easy as there are many factors involved, I have two sisters in law with small babies and one is full breastfeeding and the other needed to complement with another milk, as hers was not enough for the baby. I think Letizia deserves a great compliment to have decided in favor to breastfeeding full time as not every mom is able to do that.

Ariel said:
It is very nice that she decided to keep on breastfeeding as far as possible. It is not so easy as there are many factors involved, I have two sisters in law with small babies and one is full breastfeeding and the other needed to complement with another milk, as hers was not enough for the baby. I think Letizia deserves a great compliment to have decided in favor to breastfeeding full time as not every mom is able to do that.

This it is the reason for the one that has taken the fall for maternity that legally corresponds to any mother, because she is giving of eating the girl and it is in the habit of being 3 or 4 hours, and does not allow her go to official acts. Though she is working at her office, but there she can have the girl. The most important thing is Leonor and the Princess wants to be with her.
It is necessary to bear in mind that the Kings of Spain raised their children of a way different from other Royal Houses. They raised their children how all the European Princes do it now. Dona Sofía was not still A Queen when she had her children and took care of them personally (she had studied puericulture). They had babysitters, but their parents always were very present, especially the Queen, who even already turned into queen was taking charge accompanying her son to the college. La Zarzuela was a palace, but also it was a home.
Now the Kings and the Princes were wishing that Leonor lives like that also.;)

Ariel said:
Do you think that Letizia will take Leonor with her to her trip to Bulgaria?

well, i suppose it will be one of those one-day trips (like it was the case with the opening of cervantes insitute in serbia-monténegro: they had lunch with its president, opened the center and went back), so i sincerely doubt leonor will be coming (even if i would adore to see another "mummy-and-me-interacting" picture :))!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom