Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaChicaMadrilena said:
From Terra:

Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's father, arriving to the hospital, along with his wife Ana Togores

Letizia´s sister visit her niece?:ermm:

Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe on the birth of their second daughter.
All the best for Infanta Sofia. :flowers:

princess olga said:
Nice to see this family announced the name of the newborn the same day. Instead of some of these other families waiting days or even months, which in my humble opinion is one of the last ways of these families to distinguish themselves (or attempt to) from 'le peuple'. Good on the Spanish RF for not participating in that sort of nonsense, it's just a name for planet's sakes!
If you are referring to the Danish RF then I regret to tell you
that it's quite common also for 'le peuple' in Denmark
to not give the name of their child until the christening.
Which makes your humble opinion a wrong opinion. :lol:
Other countries, other habits and traditions.

Last edited:
It's not the place neither the moment but the name of married woman of the Queen is Bourbon i Grecia, as the name of married woman of Letizia is Borbon i Ortiz. It's quiet logical!!!:flowers:

adelaide said:
It's not the place neither the moment but the name of married woman of the Queen is Bourbon i Grecia, as the name of married woman of Letizia is Borbon i Ortiz. It's quiet logical!!!:flowers:
Logical, but not in Spain. Spanish women after getting marry don't take their husbands' last names. The Princess is still called Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Only children have their fathers' last names, not wifes.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Logical, but not in Spain. Spanish women after getting marry don't take their husbands' last names. The Princess is still called Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Only children have their fathers' last names, not wifes.

I think Letizia has 3 surnames: Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano de Borbon. It would be weird no taking the husband's surnames. I think the women in Spain take the surname after the husband

adelaide said:

Nouvelle said:
I think Letizia has 3 surnames: Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano de Borbon. It would be weird no taking the husband's surnames. I think the women in Spain take the surname after the husband

It may be weird for you but it is not weird (for me and) in Spain. The Queen still is De Grecia y Hannover, the Infantas are still De Borbon y Grecia and Princess Letizia is still Ortiz Rocasolano even after marriage.

If both of you don't believe me just look on the official site and click on the biographies of the Princess and the Infantas.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Royal Family of Spain on the birth of the new infanta Sophia. And I must comment on how this royal family comes across as "real" people. Upon the birth of the new infanta, I was impressed with the family's turn-out to welcome the new arrival at the hospital and to check on Letizia. Truly refreshing.

Doña Metizia said:
It may be weird for you but it is not weird (for me and) in Spain. The Queen still is De Grecia y Hannover, the Infantas are still De Borbon y Grecia and Princess Letizia is still Ortiz Rocasolano even after marriage.

If both of you don't believe me just look on the official site and click on the biographies of the Princess and the Infantas.

Yes you´re right!:flowers:

more updated videos:
mms://a953.v59721.c5972.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/953/5974/3c99fd9f/wms.antena3tv.com:81/a3noticias/1/7/omnkp10611.wmv
mms://a953.v59721.c5972.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/953/5974/3c99fd9f/wms.antena3tv.com:81/a3noticias/1/7/omnkp1066.wmv
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430elena.wmv

Don Felipe asegura que la Princesa se recupera rápido#

Don Felipe assures that the Princess recovers rapidly

The Prince of Asturias said this evening, after leaving the Clinical Ruber Internacional, that his wife, Doña Letizia, " recovers rapidly " of the C- section to which yesterday it was submitted to give to light his second daughter, the infanta Sofía.

Don Felipe left the clinic at 19:30 p.m., but it hopes that he returns later to pass here the night, in company of the Princess of Asturias and of her daughter.

" The infanta Sofía is nice ", affirmed the Prince to the journalists who do guard opposite to the Clinical Ruber Internacional.

photo
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070430/721651e44cdeag.jpg

If is not bad weather tomorrow, infant Leonor will visit her sister Sofía.

I haven't see the king, where is he?

Is holidays in Spain, what we call puente (bridge) because it last some extra days because May the 1rs, working day etc and I'd read some place or was told, don't recall, he went hunting since it was a long weekend and then was seen on Barcelona at the "Conde of Godo Tournament" of tennis, we could see Cristi and hubby in pictures but not the King, that's all I know.

Congratulations to the whole family.​

When will they leave the hospital ?

What will they do if it continues to rain in Spain ? :cool:

pien said:
I haven't see the king, where is he?

I have heard in the TV that the king is in a private trip but he will see his new granddaughter tomorrow.:flowers:

MissSaga said:
When will they leave the hospital ?

What will they do if it continues to rain in Spain ? :cool:

They will leave the hospital on Thursday or Friday:flowers:

If it rains they will take an umbrella to shelter of rain :lol::rolleyes:

Last edited:
ELPAIS.com - La Reina: "No tenía ni idea de que fuera a llamarse Sofía" - España

The Queen, who has celebrated today in the afternoon the 5th birthday of Miguel, the 3rd son of Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín, assured that she had "no idea" that the Princes of Asturias wanted to call their 2nd daughter Sofia.
(...)
Answering the questions of the journalists before Miguel's birthday party, Doña Sofía said that her new granddaughter "doesn't cry too much" and that the Princes and their second child spend the night "wonderfully". On the other hand, Infanta Cristina has said that the Prince of Asturias “is enchanted” with his new daughter and has added that Don Felipe “is wishing that the children are going to know it and thus to be able to congratulate Miguel”, who is his grandson. “We have been able to speak with the Prince and he says that she is beautiful”, Doña Cristina has added, “we must organize us with children to be able to know the little cousin”.
(...)

Lauritas138 said:
They will leave the hospital on Thursday or Friday:flowers:

If it rains they will take an umbrella to take shelter of rain :lol::rolleyes:

LOL. :lol:
I meant how will they do the official presentation of la infanta if it rains .. ?

MissSaga said:
LOL. :lol:
I meant how will they do the official presentation of la infanta if it rains .. ?

I had not thought about that,perhaps another person can answer that question:ermm:

I can't wait to see this little one, I am bursting with anticipation. Hope they give us an idea as to when the baby is coming home from the hospital. Like they did with Leonor.

Last edited:
Blessings

So brand new, so tiny,
Soft and delicate to your touch,
So beautiful, so fragile,
God's loaned you, this much

So shining,an Angel,
With a cute tiny sweet nose,
So completely made up,
Ten little fingers and ten Toes,

A Baby to Bless you,
bringing joy you'll so
love,
A sweet little Angel sent down,
From heaven Up above

Good Luck and God Bless,
as many wishes will relay,
A new welcome to New Baby,
into this World Today.

babysofia2fd0.jpg

If I am correct the caesarian was not planned? Why did Letizia require a caesarian after a couple of hours of labour?:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom