Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister Morphine said:
Maybe this means Mary will name her daughter Margrethe since Letizia named her daughter after the present Queen. :lol:

It is safe to assume that one of the names of the Danish princess will be Margrethe. But it will be hardly because they are copying Letizia, rather because of the way they named Christian one name each after a grandparent.

My sincere congratulations to Flip and Letizia!!! :)
I have expected that they give the name Sofia to their daughter, but did not know which one. About two years ago I had a night dream: I look at the black&white photo of the future Queen of Spain (?!). It was a very beautiful and smart brunette with fantastic eyes and name - Sofia ...strange dream though...:cool:

CRIS said:
poor journalists? that you try that they photograph to Letizia with the contractions of the pregnancy? Really that is hallucinating as the people forget that she is a person who needs her moments privacy. Nobody has because to want to see Letizia with bad face by the contractions.:bang:
I though the Journalists where there to catch a photo of Letizia entering the Clinic! I'am I wrong?? Of course they want to cover all news but more important was to cacht a photo of Letizia entering the Clinic!! Yes she is a person but she is a public person, a Royal person, so everyone is very curious of everything she does. And if you say that "nobody want to see Letizia with a bad face because of contractions" you are sooo wrong!!!
I like the name Sofia is a tribute to her grandmother and a way to say that this Infanta is so "important" as Leonor!

Last edited:
It is so sweet that the new Infanta is named after her grandmother :wub: .
Can't wait to see the first pictures from her...

Congratulations, i'm happy to hear this news, and my day is now good...
It's today in the Hollands (were i live) the birtday from the Quinn (Beatrix).. so i have to recens to be happy!!!
I hope we shall see Infanta Leonor, and she shall be happy with her sister.
She is so cute, and i hope Infanta Sofia will be so cute to!!!:D

Congratulations to the Spanish Royal Family.:flowers: This is wonderful news. The baby's name is beautiful and Im sure she'll be just as adorable as her big sister.

The princes will leave the Ruber Clinic on Thursday or Friday so I think that infant Leonor will go before they go to Palace:flowers:

Congratulations for the whole family!
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

BTW, I love the name! :wub:

According to the prince Felipe said yesterday, the Sofía name was chosen by both specially by Letizia who wished that her second daughter was named like the Queen:king:

Has Felipe already arrived back to the clinic? I thought he might have taken Leonor with him to show her the baby...:wub: But that's just my dreaming... :lol:

Lauritas138 said:
According to the prince Felipe said yesterday, the Sofía name was chosen by both specially by Letizia who wished that her second daughter was named like the Queen:king:

That is so sweet of Letizia.
Did he announce Sofia's full name ?

dazzling said:

I think that it will be just as with Leonor, her only name will be Sofía, Sofía Borbón and Ortiz :flowers:

Congratulations to the Princes of Asturias on this wonderful occasion.
I can't wait to see the new Infanta.

dazzling said:

It is Sofia de Todos Los Santos Borbon y Ortiz

Why the last name is ortiz?In Portugal the father's name is always the last name of the child!
Who send all those gifts?

videos:
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430tcordon.wmv
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430creina.wmv
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430sofia.wmv

I'm really overjoyed that Letizia and Felipe had their girl after many hard months .. I'm glad she turned out healthy, but it's still sad that there are no more babies to be born left :lol:

By 1st of July, it will all be over. Then we will have the name of the dutch, spanish AND danish princess, we'll have official pictures of the little families, of the beautiful girls and I we'll begin to watch these three princesses grow up.

The prince has been arriving a few minutes ago at the Ruber clinic without Leonor. We will have to continue wating.

biboquinhas said:
Why the last name is ortiz?In Portugal the father's name is always the last name of the child!
Who send all those gifts?

In Spain, the traditional way of naming a child is first name, (middle), father's last name, mother's last name. It's just that way- I'm not sure why.
So Leonor and Sofia are Borbon (Felipe's last name) and Ortiz (Letizia's).

Letizia's last name is Letizia Ortiz Roscaslano.

Felipe, Cristina, and Elena have the last name Borbon y Grecia (of Bourbon and of Greece, for Sofia)

de Todos los Santos is a name that is commonly given to the infantas, like a middle name.

biboquinhas said:

Why? because in Spain that is a custom

Lauritas138 said:
Why? because in Spain that is a custom

Very good answer. You are right it's only that and if you are very attempt to the Spanish history yo can see than Don Juan was called de Bourbon y battenberg; Don Juan Carlos de Borbon i Borbon; Doña Sofia de Borbon i Grecia;all the children of the actual Kings are Borbon i Grecia.

Sometimes I'm little astonished by the questions?:rolleyes:

biboquinhas said:

Why? They are following the Spanish custom. They are not in Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom