Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so it seems like i missed all the excitement!! I was totally suprised when I logged on this evening! Congrats to the SRF!:flowers:

Has the King visited the clinic? I have not heard from Letizia's father either...

Roxsteve said:
Has the King visited the clinic? I have not heard from Letizia's father either...
I believe the King is outside Spain, so perhaps we'll see guests like Leonor, JC, Jesus etc. tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sofia, upon hearing of Letizia's entrance to Rubers, left immediately. I don't know where Leti's father was, but I'm expecting that in the next days, we will see Juan Carlos, Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's beloved grandmother who's name I don't remember, Elena, and maybe even Cristina visiting Letizia and little Sofi.

I've decided to call the baby Sofi, and keep calling the queen, Sofia.

Last edited:
fandesacs2003 said:
Thansk, but if you see the TWO OFFICIAL announcements of the Casa Real

For Leonor
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

And for Sofia
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

They call them in a different way. I do not understand.

Exactly, are they making a differemce between the two little girls? Would be like in Norway, where Svere Magnus did not receive the title of royal Highness, but his sister yes normal as a CP)???

Sverre Magnus was named in that unique way as a nod to Marius, because Marius is a commoner. Although Sverre is the son of the Crown Prince by birth, they decided not to style him as HRH so Marius would fit in. Ingrid Alexandra was titled HRH, because she will one day be the Crown Princess, then the Queen of Norway.

From my understanding of reading the press announcements, they are exactly the same!

What it says is that they were given the names of Leonor and Sofia, and that they are given the dignity (the titles) of Infanta of Spain.

The sentence I think is confusing you is that it said, earlier, on Sofia's announcement, that she will be styled as "Su Alteza Real". This is just saying she will receive that styling, but it is assumed, as well as mentioned, that she will be an Infanta. (a style automatically given to her). If she would have been titled anything else, they would have made a bigger deal about it. (when Sverre was born, he automatically became HRH Prince Sverre Magnus, but then Haakon and MM decided to petition the state to called him just Prince Sverre Magnus) The RF is just making itself a little more clear...I think.

Is that clear? or Clear as mud?

LadyK said:
King Juan Carlos was in Russia, paying his last respects to the former Russian President Putin. He will remain for the rest of his planned visit before returning to Spain. Sofia, however, upon hearing of Letizia's entrance to Rubers, left immediately. I don't know where Leti's father was, but I'm expecting that in the next days, we will see Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's beloved grandmother who's name I don't remember, Elena, and maybe even Cristina visiting Letizia and little Sofi.

I've decided to call the baby Sofi, and keep calling the queen, Sofia.
LadyK, I think you meant former President Boris Yeltsin -- President Putin is the incumbent and is very much alive. Having said that, I don't think that the King is in Russia for Yeltsin because we was buried last Wednesday: Russia bids a solemn farewell to Yeltsin - Yahoo! News.

It was the Queen who went to Russia together with her sister, Princess Irene of Greece, to pay her last respects to her long-time friend, the cellist/conductor Mstislav Rostropovich, who in turn was laid to rest Sunday: Russia buries Rostropovich, cellist and campaigner - Yahoo! News

Although, if the King were indeed in Russia, I hope he's not off hunting bears there again :wacko: Going back on topic, I look forward to see both the King and Queen this Monday at the Ruber -- it would be very nice if they bring Leonor in tow when they go see baby Sofia :wub: Maybe after which, they'd do as they did when Leonor was born and speak before the press about their new granddaughter. :flowers:

This is wonderful news! Congratulations !!!!!! Congrats to the family! I am soooo happy!

Congratulations to The Royal Family and all of Spain!!!!!!

how wonderful that they named her after her grandmother!!! what a lovely gesture. we can wish nothing better for the baby than that she will grow up to be as kind and gracious as her namesake.

Congratulations. I like the idea of giving the girl a name after grandmom, queen Sofia.:flowers: It is girls year within European royals:)

Maybe this means Mary will name her daughter Margrethe since Letizia named her daughter after the present Queen. :lol:

Congradulations to Her Royal Highness The Princess of Asturias for the birth of her second daughter. I wish the new parents and the enlarged family happiness.

Congratulations to the parents and all the family. Thay choose a very sweet name.

Queen Sofia was named after her paternal grandmother, Queen Sophia of Greece (nee Princess Sophie of Prussia), too. Great to see them to keep the tradition alive with the new Infanta Sofia.

Maybe they're honoring the Queen's Greek heritage. It's customary in Greece to name grandchildren after grandparents.

Congrats to the whole SRF for this Infanta as a beautiful and healthy addition to their family.

Last edited:
Empress said:
Since there is no real time to go through all 26 pages, have they released photos, and if not does anyone remember how long it was with Leonore before they released?

It was exactly one week. Leonor was born on October 31 and she and Letizia left the hospital on November 7. Outside of the hospital they presented her to the press and of course all of us for the first time. They then went home and later released official photos with the new family and the king and queen.:)

Congratulations to the Princes of Asturias, little Leonor, King J-C and Queen Sofia, and the people of Spain! :flowers: Wonderful news, I think it's beautiful that they named her after her grandmother

Congrats to the family beautiful name aww cant wait for pics

Any news on how long Letizia and Sofia will stay at Ruber?

Congratulations!!! so i guess Spainish will have a queen ragent someday...

Good news! Is she really named SOFIA????

Sister Morphine said:
Maybe this means Mary will name her daughter Margrethe since Letizia named her daughter after the present Queen. :lol:

I really hope Mary and Frederik won't name their daughter Margrethe :wacko:

Nacimiento.- El Príncipe abandona la Clínica Ruber Internacional

The Prince leaves the Clinical Ruber Internacional

The Prince of Asturias left in the first hour of this morning the Clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid where yesterday Dona Letizia gave to light her second daughter, the Infanta Sofía.

After passing the night together with the Princess and the Infanta, the Prince left passed 8.00 hours of this morning the hospitable center carrying a small hand luggage and driving his particular car.

Photo
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070430/721651d99b360g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070430/721651d9acf6eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070430/721651d9acea5g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070430/721651d9a15d9g.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom