Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lisa777 said:
Felipe is saying the infanta Leonor is going to see the new baby tomorrow. He also said the new baby looks just like her sister!!!!!!!

Oh, so Sofia is as cute as Leonor :wub: Wonderful!

I love the name and I was hoping all along that hey would choose it. It's nice that Queen Sofia is honoured like that!!

Congratulations to everyone in little Sofia's family!!!! I can't wait to see her going out with her mummy next week!!!!!!!!!!!

It was thrilling and exciting follow the birth and the conference but now I'm going to see some movies. It's so relieve not being so nervous... :)

F.ex. someday we will see the photo of Sofia and Sofia:lol: or Juan Carlos and Sofia (the Younger).

Congratulations to the princes!!! I'm incredibly happy for them.

I love the name Sofia.:wub:

i just finished watching the press conference and oh boy...wheeeee Infanta Sofia! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: i am giddy with joy! ha ha :lol:

i'm so excited to see pics of the new baby. felicidades a los Principes, a la Infanta Leonor, y a todo de sus familias!:wub: :flowers:

Last edited:
magnik said:
The same what they had done with Leonor's blood will hapeen with Sofia's. If I'm not mistaken.

Meaning what, exactly?

Sofia :wub: Not my favorite but I find it really really moving that the Princes named the little after the Queen. I hope the Infanta will inherit her grandmas beauty and virtues. Felipe was very happy. His voice seemed to break when he was announcing the name :)
So welcome to the world, Infanta Sofia!!!

yessss. I knew it would be Sofia.:) And I agree with you all, it is such a lovely name :lol: :rolleyes:

I'm curoius about how they spell her name:
Sofia (like the Queen's name) or Sophia (like some members already did)?

I like the name but I'm thinking at times things might be a little confusing to differentiate between grandma and granddaughter. This is really going to be something if Fred and Mary name their princess after one of the grandmother's(first name I mean). I kind of hope they don't, now it might be a little weird.

Last edited:
Sofia is a very great name for Felipe, obvious, but for Letizia too. I'm quiet sure that they give this name to her second daughter to thanks the Queen for all that she do for Spain, spagniards and for her family and particularly for helping Letizia in her very difficult task to learn how becoming a great Royal!

Congratulation for the baby girl, congratulation for the name!

This has been such a good babywatch! I love the name Sofia:wub: . Hopefully we will get pictures of Leonor visiting her little sister tomorrow! Love this family so much:flowers:

Her_Majesty said:
I'm curoius about how they spell her name:
Sofia (like the Queen's name) or Sophia (like some members already did)?

Sofía:flowers:

the spelling is Sofia 'cuz it is spanish:flowers:
congratulations to Leo, she's got a little sister:wub:

monkeyfish said:
Meaning what, exactly?
From wikipedia:
The Spanish Royal House confirmed on February 25, 2006 that stem cells from Princess Leonor's umbilical cord have been frozen and stored at a blood bank in Tucson, Arizona. A spokesman said this is "habitual practice" at the clinic where Leonor was born. The stem cells will be frozen for at least 15 years, along with cells from 18,000 other babies around the world. Leonor is not the first royal baby to have her stem cells frozen; Prince Christian of Denmark's stem cells were frozen as well.

When thay will be relised from the hospital?

monkeyfish said:
Meaning what, exactly?

Stem cells from Leonor's umbilical cord were taken and stored in a blood bank in Arizona where they will be kept for 15 years. The same thing happened with Prince Christian:flowers:

Aurora810 said:
I like the name but I'm thinking at times things might be a little confusing to differentiate between grandma and granddaughter. This is really going to be something if Fred and Mary name their princess after one of the grandmother's(first name I mean). I kind of hope they don't, now it might be a little weird.

Yep, I agree, that's also why I'm a little disappointed, even though I love the name Sofia ...

crm2317 said:
Stem cells from Leonor's umbilical cord were taken and stored in a blood bank in Arizona where they will be kept for 15 years. The same thing happened with Prince Christian:flowers:

Why exactly ? :)

TVE just said that Queen Sofia will arrive in madrid around 21.00 hours. DO you guys think she'll go straight to the hospital to visit little Sofia? I sure hope so. I can't wait to see Leonor tomorrow when she'll go see her baby sister. Wouldn't it be great if the King and Queen were to bring her :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom