Letizia and Other Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite true, eg Jordan. The Queen was there and this was not a CP wedding as there is no CP at the moment in Jordan. It's down to the good relations between Spain & the Middle East. And sometimes they do come out in force as, eg Jordan, apart from the Queen (and the King, eg in Norway) one of the Infantas was on board too, plus hubby.

By the time of the wedding Hamzah was the CP of Jordan, and later he got stripped of the title by King Abdullah.

"On November 28, 2004, Abdullah removed the title of Crown Prince from his half-brother, Hamzah, (whom he had appointed on February 7, 1999, in accordance with their late father's wishes)."
Abdullah II of Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
By the time of the wedding Hamzah was the CP of Jordan, and later he got stripped of the title by King Abdullah.

"On November 28, 2004, Abdullah removed the title of Crown Prince from his half-brother, Hamzah, (whom he had appointed on February 7, 1999, in accordance with their late father's wishes)."
Abdullah II of Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Anna R, I forgot about that. But very logical, KA will wait until his own son will be old enough and name him CP. I thought he had removed the title much earlier.

and how many times has letizia been in latinoamerica? 2 Mexico and Brasil if Im not wrong in four years. It dont seems like a priority

and how many times has letizia been in latinoamerica? 2 Mexico and Brasil if Im not wrong in four years. It dont seems like a priority

Princess Letizia has traveled to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Uruguay and Brazil. From his wedding the Prince has also traveled to Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico (again) and Ecuador. The Princess did not accompany to him in his trips, to be pregnancy or in period of lactation.

Princess Letizia has traveled to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Uruguay and Brazil. From his wedding the Prince has also traveled to Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico (again) and Ecuador. The Princess did not accompany to him in his trips, to be pregnancy or in period of lactation.

And that's in three years, not four, as they married three years ago.

I don't get the discussion? Nobody actually questioned that F & L have one of the busiest agendas and travel a lot within and outside Spain for business and it's quite natural that they concentrate on spanish speaking countries because of the existing relations. In terms of business, they do a lot and a lot more than some other CP couples for different reasons. It's all about the royal gatherings and the private relations within the royal circle.

It's all about the royal gatherings and the private relations within the royal circle.

Yes, it's right, but I think that the discussion leaves from an ignorance and nonrespect for the policy of the SRH, in all RRHH decisions are taken seriously if they go or not to certain royal gatherings, follows an own protocol, the previous agendas of each one are considered and finally it communicates who attends of the family. The invitations for these royal gatherings in some countries are considered private, for being royals and in other officials, because royals always represents their country, I do not judge the RRFF to send to certain representatives, I believe that all do as they must following his rules and the hosts also know it, do not take offense, are over that, are royals.

I think that is absurd to think that the princes of Asturias and concretely Letizia, dont go to those royal gatherings because does not like to her to be related to others royals or because she is uncertain or she feels outside place, all the princess of their generation are common (except Victory;)), some queens also are they, Letizia is an intelligent, cultured, educated, decided, etc... woman.

I think that it is an absurd discussion that begins because some people always are looking for to criticize princess Letizia, they begin the critics and later other people create them or they take them in consideration.:flowers:

Sorry for my bad English and bad translation.

What I want to say doesn´t directly belong to Leti but it fits to the theme of this thread: When Alexandra of Denmark married Martin I noticed that not one royal or even noble person attended although Alexandra was almost ten years married to Joachim and must have come to know lots of royals a.s.o..So I have the feeling this means that Alexandra never really became friend with one of that noble persons she met during all that years of her first marriage. Even if you consider it inappropriate to attend her second marriage if I were a royal and really good friend of her I would´ve attended if I had been invited.
So I don´t attach importance all that visiting and hugging between the different royals during their visits in the then countries.

She had friends in the circle of royals and nobles. I read from the tabloids that Alexandra was a good friend of Victoria of Sweden. Her former lady-in-waiting, a Danish noble woman, continued working for her part-time after the divorce. If 10 years later, another royal couple divorce, a former consort gets married again, I seriously doubt the royal godparents of their kids or her royal friends will attend her wedding :cool:.
There are two types of 'friends'. One is true friends who stick with you through thick and thin, the other is 'we are friends because we are royals or we are people in power'. I remember when the Marcos of Philippine lost their power and went exile, Imelda was very sad that most of their so called friends worldwide didn't even give them a call. Among the very few calls they received, one of them was from Farah Diba who apparently suffered the same fate.

Yes, it's right, but I think that the discussion leaves from an ignorance and nonrespect for the policy of the SRH, in all RRHH decisions are taken seriously if they go or not to certain royal gatherings, follows an own protocol, the previous agendas of each one are considered and finally it communicates who attends of the family. The invitations for these royal gatherings in some countries are considered private, for being royals and in other officials, because royals always represents their country, I do not judge the RRFF to send to certain representatives, I believe that all do as they must following his rules and the hosts also know it, do not take offense, are over that, are royals.

I think that is absurd to think that the princes of Asturias and concretely Letizia, dont go to those royal gatherings because does not like to her to be related to others royals or because she is uncertain or she feels outside place, all the princess of their generation are common (except Victory;)), some queens also are they, Letizia is an intelligent, cultured, educated, decided, etc... woman.

I think that it is an absurd discussion that begins because some people always are looking for to criticize princess Letizia, they begin the critics and later other people create them or they take them in consideration.:flowers:

Sorry for my bad English and bad translation.

I'm sharing your feeling because honestly it's impossible to understand the aim of this thread except if, as we can see, the landscape is an other way to criticize the Princess of Asturias for nothing of her responsabilty.

FOR ME NO SERIOUS COMMENT! Only frivolous remarks!:wacko:

This topics is just Ridiculious., I isn't even worth talk about it.

Okay, once and for all, let's clear something up. This is a discussion forum and here all types of discussion are valid and valued, as long as they comply with our rules and the opinions are given in a civilized way.

Moderators are the ones in charge of deciding what stays and what goes, and if you have a problem with a specific thread, either stay away or report your concerns to a moderator an we'll assess it.

Thank you,
Spanish Forums Moderators

It would be nice to see Letizia attending more events outside of Spain... like the birthdays of Carl-Gustav of Sweden, Harald of Norway, Sonja of Norway all this bigger parties.
Some people who don't follow the Spanish Royals so much maybe get the impression that the princess of asturias seperates herself from the rest of the european royals (sorry, I don't really know how to say it ;)) or that she is not interested in this royal events.
maybe some people get the impression the princes of asturias feel as something better ( note: This is NOT my opinion).
Spanish watchers sure know that Letizia had reasons for not attending (at least for the last 2 big events in Norway, not really for the birthday in Sweden), but people who don't follow them maybe get a wrong impression.
I hope that Letizia will attend more Royal events like christenings or royal birthdays (maybe Queen Beatrix's 70th birthday next year) so we can see her more with other royals.
Otherwise she will maybe even more get the image of a princess far away from the rest of europe...

i don't know if it got clear what i wanted to say...but i hope you understand me! :)

i also would like to see her at other big events with royals. but the past two years have been very busy wedding, 2 babies, sister's death and other things behind the scenes. you are correct some people might be getting the wrong impression. i for one think she's been amazing and it's lovely to see the love and affection she has with her husband and children and that's what she should be concentrating on, not keeping up with the joneses (or this case royals) i was worried about her- she looked so broken and fragile and while she seems better there's a haunted sadness about her in some photos, even the happy baby ones.

Any pictures at Fred and Mary's wedding of F&L with the bride and groom?

This topics is just Ridiculious., I isn't even worth talk about it.

I am sorry if this topic manages to offend some, but as it happens, Princess Letizia is my favorite princess. I have seen her in few events, and wanted simply to know if anybody knows about other 'private' or 'public' functions that she has attended and not really been covered by the media.

The Princes of Asturias are right now at the 40th birthday party of the Prince of Orange, so maybe we can rest for a while, Letizia is meeting other royals.

The Princes of Asturias are right now at the 40th birthday party of the Prince of Orange, so maybe we can rest for a while, Letizia is meeting other royals.

And she is looking gorgeous, I saw! Wait for pics.

yes! i'm so happy they attended, now all the rumours about her not wanting to meet other royals will be hopefully over.

The Prince and the Princess will continue coming to weddings, birthday and anniversaries, of those that also are Princes inheritors or that as the Dukes of Luxembourg are nearer to their generation.

Now the King has established it this way, in the same way as it seems to have established that the Infantas are alternated. The Dukes of Lugo were in the celebrations of Luxembourg with the Princes, and now the Dukes of Palma have accompanied them.

Now the King has established it this way, in the same way as it seems to have established that the Infantas are alternated. The Dukes of Lugo were in the celebrations of Luxembourg with the Princes, and now the Dukes of Palma have accompanied them.

Very right, I didn't noticed that, but it's true for the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg, the Princes of Asturias been witth the Dukes of Lugo. Only the Princes of Asturias were on the "photo de famille" with all the crownprinces around the Grand Dukes.

More i'm watching at the yesterday night pics about the Princses of Asturias, more i think that the couple princely, and in particula the Princess mad my day. Absolutly at ease, handsome - the both- happy to be together a such event. What a fantastic proof of the princely attitud of the Princess of Asturias. For those who think - I know personnaly some in Spain - that the grand daughter of a taxi driver is a shame for the Borbon family as a crown princess, we have the marvellous proof that a human being can be princely if the circonstances of the heart, the soul, command it, isen't it ?

Last edited:
It would be nice to see Letizia attending more events outside of Spain... like the birthdays of Carl-Gustav of Sweden, Harald of Norway, Sonja of Norway all this bigger parties.
...I hope that Letizia will attend more Royal events like christenings or royal birthdays (maybe Queen Beatrix's 70th birthday next year) so we can see her more with other royals.
Otherwise she will maybe even more get the image of a princess far away from the rest of europe...

i don't know if it got clear what i wanted to say...but i hope you understand me! :)
It would be great if Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe could join the family this November as the Queen of England and Prince Philip will celebrate their Diamond Wedding. If they are invited, i would love to see they gather there, i believe Letizia has not met Queen Elizabeth II yet.

It would be great if Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe could join the family this November as the Queen of England and Prince Philip will celebrate their Diamond Wedding. If they are invited, i would love to see they gather there, i believe Letizia has not met Queen Elizabeth II yet.

Why not, it's a great idea!:flowers:

At the Golden wedding Celebrations the entire spanish Royal family showed up including Iñaki who married only a short time before it.

At the Golden wedding Celebrations the entire spanish Royal family showed up including Iñaki who married only a short time before it.
Yah it is true, that's why i said that it'd be great if the entire Spanish Royal Family can come this time, as i read that QEII really wants to celebrate grand at her Diamond Wedding so i believe it will be a very big event with Royals from Europe coming.

Letizia looked wonderful. The dress realy suited her, I do wish she would change her hair cut. All in all, she gets two thumbs up.

i would really love to see pics of the greek royals and F & L especially with pavlos and marie-chantal

Me too. I have never seen pictures with other royals except in their wedding and once again in a dinner.
Also I doubt the King organises anybody's agenda, they have secretaries for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom