King Felipe's Ex-Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not from Spain but a few members of the Spanish press wanted to marry him of to Tatjana of Liechtenstein (my favorite choice--btw), Duchess Fleur of Wuertemberg(although that would've been a messy situation), Princess
Maria-Carolina de Bourbon Parma, Princess Adelaide d'Orleans, and Princess
Victoria de Borbon y Orleans.

Worst was when German tabloids actually had him "engaged".

Those three or four all have puffy cheeks and not so lovely faces, and obviously not filipe's type. he seems like gorgous women, just like every man on earth, and to hell with nobility.

Alisa said:
I am not from Spain but a few members of the Spanish press wanted to marry him of to Tatjana of Liechtenstein (my favorite choice--btw), Duchess Fleur of Wuertemberg(although that would've been a messy situation), Princess
Maria-Carolina de Bourbon Parma, Princess Adelaide d'Orleans, and Princess
Victoria de Borbon y Orleans.
Worst was when German tabloids actually had him "engaged".

Yes, I heard that too with Duchess Fleur of Württemberg. King Juan Carlos is her Godfather uncle. On top of that she is already married for 2 years ;)
But i find it good that he has chosen Letizia, in any case.

lori said:
Those three or four all have puffy cheeks and not so lovely faces, and obviously not filipe's type. he seems like gorgous women, just like every man on earth, and to hell with nobility.

Yes, he seemed to always be drawn to very attractive women, no matter how unsuitable or unfit they were.

so there was never any opinion of madeleine of sweden in the spanish press

Yes, there were some magazines that pair him with Madeleine of Sweden. And Lady Gabriela Windsor. Btw, ella had lived in Madrid before to study Spanish, so that fans the rumors. But these two are very young for him.

Gigi Howard

Hola is carrying an article about how, with just two months until the wedding, Gigi Howard has broken up with her fiance. Unfortunately, Hola won't let anyone read their articles unless they pay for an online subscription. Does anyone have one and if so, what details does this article give? Thanks.

Gigi Howard has broken up with her fiance
Here's an article from ABC about that:
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050406/prensa/noticias/Gente/Gente/200504/06/NAC-GEN-111.asp

The coincidence sometimes is so surprising that not many can doubt its veracity. This time another nonofficial ex-girlfriend of Prince Felipe, the North American Gigi Howard, has suspended her wedding to the businessman Patrick Ammet, two months before the ceremony.
Gigi Howard has lived in a sea of doubts, she's restless and insecure to take such an important step and swear eternal love to the person she had known hardly a year ago.
Two months before, Gigi has set forward, just as what happened to Isabel Sartorius, who had the opportunity to meet Gigi last summer, in a Sevillian celebration. Howard has preferred to suspend the preparations, to avoid the invitations and stop the proves of the gown... just as Isabel Sartorius.
Just three weeks before the wedding, Isabel also realized her wedding to Javier Soto, father of her dauther Mencía, could be a mistake. The affection she had and the enormous friendship caused those mixed feelings and confused wishes.
In time to annull everything, Sartorius and Soto suspended the preparation and today he is happily married to Maria Chavarri, with whom he has another daughter, while Isabel remains single, but receptive to find her love.

IMO it wasn't that important that Eva was a part-time model to pay her studies, what made her unacceptable was the fact that she was uneducated, didn't knew a thing about Spain and after dating the prince for 4 years she couldn't even speak spanish!!!! (mary donaldson at least moved to danmark ages before getting married and she learned danish).

Moreover, Eva had no manners, she shouted at journalists, walked over one of them with her bike even, she was awful and this pic of her showing off with Saint Exupéry's "Le petit prince" was total lack of discretion!!!
Foreign with no intention to become spanish, protestant, uneducated, with bad manners, no political interests, indiscreet...
She couldn't have been worst!!!

Moreover, Eva had no manners, she shouted at journalists, walked over one of them with her bike even, she was awful and this pic of her showing off with Saint Exupéry's "Le petit prince" was total lack of discretion!!!
Foreign with no intention to become spanish, protestant, uneducated, with bad manners, no political interests, indiscreet...
She couldn't have been worst!!!

But she appeared to be nicer at the pictures?

Though it sounds silly to say something like this now, I somehow can't help wondering, was Felipe never ineterested in any daughter of Infante Carlos de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, Duke of Calabria? Actually, I meant Princess Victoria de Borbón-Dos Sicilias. She's really beautiful and the two families are very close to each other. ;)And if I remember correctly, it was said years ago that the furture(by then) wife of Infant Felipe should be blue-blood. Or, perhaps they were too familiar with each other so that they could just be friends?:rolleyes:

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/inner/387/VictoriaBS97b.jpg

Felipe's ex-girlfriend Eva Sannum recently attended a wedding in Oslo.
Photo:Eva Sannum
(vg.no)

Eva Sannum gave birth to a babyboy in August. He was born in Oslo.
Father of the child is her boyfriend Torgeir Vierdal (31).

Congrats to the new parents. :flowers:

They are living in this villa: Sjekk Sannums millionvilla! - Side2 .

Last edited:
Eva was never an appropriate choice for being the next Queen of Spain. While Letizia is divorced from a civil marriage, she at least has elegance, style, education, and is acutally the first Princess of the Asturias to be from Asturias!! Eva could never have adapted to being a future queen--Letizia can and will.

Ironically though, all of this would have been mute if Queen Sofia had let Felipe marry Isabel Santorios, the daughter of a Marques and well educated. Sofia rejected her simply because of her divorced parents. Now Sofia has accepted that not only the bride but the father of the bride is divorced also. Her Majesty, I feel, has been too snobbish in her desires and Felipe finally put his foot down and I say BRAVO to him!! I sincerely hope he is in love and happy!

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but isn't Isabel's father married to Princess Nora of Liechtenstein?
Queen Sofia couldn't accept that?
The whole Felipe/Letizia marriage has always seemed bizarre to me. I guess them getting married so soon after Frederik and Mary which seems like a real love match. With Felipe and Letizia, I see such a contrast.
Only time will tell.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but isn't Isabel's father married to Princess Nora of Liechtenstein?
Queen Sofia couldn't accept that?

Those were only rumors. Actually Isabel denied that Sofia didn't accept her in her Hola interview.

The whole Felipe/Letizia marriage has always seemed bizarre to me. I guess them getting married so soon after Frederik and Mary which seems like a real love match. With Felipe and Letizia, I see such a contrast.
Only time will tell.

? Because of short courtship ? Felipe and Letizia had known each other longer, dated longer than Cristina and Inaki, whose marriage also seemed bizarre to you by the same token ? LOL :lol: Sometimes one just had this instinct feeling that he/she was the one from the very beginning. Plus Letizia's face was probably already familiar to Felipe from watching the news on TV before they knew each other in person.

While Isabel remained silent all the years, she now seems to be desperate to cash in on her bla bla that she is close friends with Letizia.
I think her design business failed but in Spain many people live on stories about the Princess, why not Isabel.

The amout of photoshop is disgusting. Its not ten, but 20 years younger.

Isabel & Letizia talking in May
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.diezminutos...72702-1-esl-ES/letizia01_portrait_galeria.jpghttp://www.diezminutos.es...y_su_misterioro_encuentro
The Hola cover
http://www.hola.com/revista/3440/portada/

http://www.journalmagazine.net/letizia-and-sartorius-have-a-great-friendship/538

Last edited:
CP Letizia is much more beautiful than Eva Sannum, in my opinion.

This is the first time I have seen photos of Isabel, she is striking...and I always felt it was a pity that she and CP Felipe never married. IF the rumors are true that she was rejected as a Royal bride for the Prince on account of her "unsuitability" or that of her immediate family, all I can do is shake my head at the irony of it all.....:whistling:

Isabel belongs to the aristocratic circle so she has still close friends in common with Felipe, and Felipe and her are still friends. So he must have presented her to Letizia. She didn't married him because they were too young. And the rumour in Spain has always being that the SRF didn't like her because her parents were divorced.

Eva wasn't liked by anyone in Spain and the pressure was so great that he had to break up with her.

Thanks. Quite pretty lady.
Does anyone know why he didnt marry Isabel or Eva?
How did Isabel & Letizia meet?

In two words, he did not marry Isabel because her father was divorced (and remarried to Nora of Liechtenstein)!!! It was said that the SRF at this time did not wanted her because of that.
Isabel was the PERFECT bride, from an aristocratik family, with education and speaking 6 languages. BUT they were too young, and Felipe could not at this age fight to make Isabel accepted. Many years ago he decided to fight for Letizia, who was herself divorced!!!

Eva Sannum was going to be quite accepted despite that she was Norwegian, without a special education and in her youth she was modelling underwear. She was even unofficially introduced in royalty because she was invited in Meter Maritt & Haakon wedding. She appeared beautiful with a dream gown but her appeareance was not judged correct for a future Queen, she had a huge decollete in the back and she was pictures with a glass of cognac. This provoqued rections in Spain, and the PM transmitted to the King that this wedding would not have the approval of the Parliament. After this Felipe broke with Eva

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2007/12/05/723044.jpg

http://www.google.gr/imgres?imgurl=http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2007/12/05/723044.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/3457/0/11/&usg=__fBwdosgxCW1t3iryfQ-2R2h5psw=&h=550&w=400&sz=40&hl=el&start=10&itbs=1&tbnid=nEW0b5a223Zk6M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deva%2Bsannum%26hl%3Del%26sa%3DG%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

http://media.aftenposten.no/archive/00004/BRYLLUP_4655a.jpg

Thanks all for the explinations. As pointed out above, I do agree that Felipe at the time was a bit too young to fight for the girl he wanted but Letizia is also a really good choice so personally I think it was good that he waited maybe.

Thanks all for the explinations. As pointed out above, I do agree that Felipe at the time was a bit too young to fight for the girl he wanted but Letizia is also a really good choice so personally I think it was good that he waited maybe.

Every time of life has different circumstances. Now Felipe seems happy, and this is the important point. If he had married Isabel he might be also happy too, but this we will never know it.

As regards the acceptance by the Spanish people, I think Isabel would have been to most accepted and Eva the less accepted. Letizia in middle position.

Isabel Sartorius has demonstrated with the pass of the years to be an unstable person, neither her personal life nor her professional life have been, even though her family had money and social prestige. She changes of work every few years, and when she needs to promote her new job appeals her friends of the magazine Hola (contradictory enough because always she has complained about the harassment of the press). She does not seem to be the woman with sense of the responsibility that is expected for a future Queen.

She belongs to this group of friends of the Prince that do not like many Spanish. Rich children with a bit frivolous life sometimes. And this friendship harmed for years the image of the Prince. I believe that this way of life, would have been fatal for the Spanish Monarchy.

If Satorius had married Felipe she would have conducted her life in another way, even with her "scandals" she is still well appreciated among spaniards. Her family doesn't have money, Nora does, but she is only her step mother, so I can understand that she does need money to live, and she doesn't talk about many things she could so imo she doesn't deseve the hate. If the SRF didn't want her talking to the press she wouldn't, of that I'm pretty sure.

And if the prince is friend with such a frivolous group, he must not be so different himself, isn't one of his best friends Fuster? :rolleyes:

If Satorius had married Felipe she would have conducted her life in another way, even with her "scandals" she is still well appreciated among spaniards. ? :rolleyes:

Completely agree with you. Isabel invested psychologically and sentimentally with Felipe, and she has been hurt when he broke their relation. Out of this she was absolutely harassed by the paparazzis and she suffered a lot. Whe can not say how she would have behaviored if her life was smoother.

And if the prince is friend with such a frivolous group, he must not be so different himself, isn't one of his best friends Fuster? :rolleyes:

Correct point!

Back
Top Bottom