King Felipe's Current Events, Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
159px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Arms of King Felipe

Welcome to King Felipe's
Current Events, Part 5

Commencing May 18th ,2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, May 18, King Felipe received Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Secretary General of the League of Arab States, and participants of the I Hispano-Arab Forum of Audiovisual Public Service "Revisiting History Through Digital Media":

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal 1 ** casareal 2 ** gtresnews gallery 2 **

Last edited:
Today, May 20, King Felipe attended a meeting of the Scientific Council of the Elcano Royal Institute for International and Strategic Studies at the Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso in Segovia:

** casareal photos ** casareal **

Last edited:
Today, May 24, King Felipe was in Vigo, Pontevedra, to attend the inauguration of the new City of Justice, to meet the Presidents of the Superior Courts of Justice and to open the NAVALIA International Shipbuilding Industry Fair:

** casareal photos ** casareal 1 ** casareal 2 ** casareal 3 **

Last edited:
Speech of the King after receiving the medal of the “Foreign Policy Association”

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
King felipe presided over the solemn swearing-in ceremony of the new Royal Guards in Madrid today, June 3:

** casareal ** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
King Felipe watched the men's singles final at Roland-Garros 2022 between Spain's Rafael Nadal and Norway's Casper Ruud in Paris today, June 5. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended as well.

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal ** gettyimages gallery **

Fingers crossed for Rafa, but how lovely to see representatives of both royal families there. I'm trying to think when was the last Grand Slam final between two players both from monarchies.

Fingers crossed for Rafa, but how lovely to see representatives of both royal families there. I'm trying to think when was the last Grand Slam final between two players both from monarchies.

Just from scrolling through Wikipedia, the most recent Grand Slam Final with both players from reigning monarchy was in US Open 2009 between Kim Clijsters of Belgium (Winner) and Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark (Runner up). However, I'm not sure if Royal Family members attended. There was US Open in 2003 between compatriots (from Belgium) Justine Henin (Winner) and Kim Clijsters (Runner up). In 2004's Australian Open Final, it was again between Justine Henin (Winner) and Kim Clijsters (Runner up).

King Felipe VI is certainly follows tennis closely, where he congratulated both Rafael Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz at Madrid Masters year. Alcaraz received a phone call from King Felipe after winning Miami Masters this year

Thank you! I was trying to work it out but couldn't be bothered looking properly :) . The Belgian royals did usually turn up when either Henin or Clijsters were in a Grand Slam final.

I love that Felipe was interviewed on Eurosport after the match!

Here's a video of today's Ambassador receptions:

The King's speech at the 40th anniversary of the Confederation of Employers of Aragon in Zaragoza today:

Last edited:
Here's another video from today's CEOE Aragón Ruby anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom