https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividad...spx?data=14730

Old 12-25-2020, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The king's 2020 Christmas Message

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...12-2020%20King

Old 12-25-2020, 05:30 AM
Courtier

He seems to be having a bit of a dig at Juan Carlos with the comment about ethics being more important than family.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
He seems to be having a bit of a dig at Juan Carlos with the comment about ethics being more important than family.

Yes and it will be a high burden to live up to, especially for his daughters when they take responsibility.

I started rewatching The Crown and I think the quote of Queen Mary is spot on for every monarchy, especially those in troubled waters, like in Spain, and even though JC is still alive, Felipe has to live up to exactly the same expectations:

Dearest Lilibet, I know how you loved your papa, my son. And I know you will be as devastated as I am by this loss. But you must put those sentiments to one side now, for duty calls. The grief for your father's death will be felt far and wide. Your people will need your strength and leadership. I have seen three great monarchies brought down through their failure to separate personal indulgences from duty. You must not allow yourself to make similar mistakes. And while you mourn your father, you must also mourn someone else. Elizabeth Mountbatten. For she has now been replaced by another person, Elizabeth Regina. The two Elizabeths will frequently be in conflict with one another. The fact is, the crown must win. Must always win.

english version of his speech

https://www.casareal.es/sitios/lista...rey_felipe.pdf
Old 12-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Gentry

I really enjoyed this year in review. I hope they continue to do it because hopefully people will see how hard the Spanish RF work. It is such a shame for them to have all those problems because of JC because Letizia & Felipe truly put in the work.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

King Felipe's Christmas message recorded this December 24th an average audience of 10,760,000 viewers and a 71st screen share in the total of 29 channels that broadcast the speech.

According to data from Kantar Media offered by Windward Communication, the King's message of this 2020 has been the most seen since records (1992), since in 1993 alone they managed to exceed ten million viewers (10,254,000).

https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-bate-...2_noticia.html
Old 12-26-2020, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The setting is always perfect for the King's Christmas message and the nativity scene in the background is simple but beautiful.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Felipe VI failed in my opinion to convey a sense of empathy in face of the pandemic. His speech sounded a little robotic and protocolary.