The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Courtier

The first hour of the documentary was quite boring. Yes I know they were about engagements and tours but still, it could have been better edited and narrated. Sometimes it was just silence/noises. If I weren't a royal watcher I wouldn't have a clue what activities those were.

The last part about the family was better. Compared to the very limited appearances of the children previously, it does give a bit of insight into the everyday life of the family. Sure some moments were very awkward, but it's better than nothing.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Felipe and his sisters broke the Spanish tradition of dynastic marriages, and I assume it won't come back unfortunately. Otherwise, Sofía could count on a marriage probably to another Catholic royal (from France, Italy, Austria, etc.). Personally, I've always thought of King Philippe's sons as good candidates to marry Leonor or Sofía, but, in this day and age, I know it is not going to happen.
Why not? I understand that in this day and age, things like dynastic marriages seems unrealistic, because it's all about falling in love and not arranged marriages set by the parents. BUT, why can't royals fall in love with each other? It's not impossible to happen, who knows...Prince Guillaume and Stephanie married for love, for example.

And about chemistry...oh people c'mon! I still remember the times when I asked my mom if I could say out loud what I studied for an exam, and I kept doing so even on my bachelors.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carina, it's not a documentary. They give some images to the press, without editing, the images are delivered to televisions, newspapers, magazines and digital media and everyone can edit their own video.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Carina, it's not a documentary. They give some images to the press, without editing, the images are delivered to televisions, newspapers, magazines and digital media and everyone can edit their own video.
Interesting. That's new information to me.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Why not? I understand that in this day and age, things like dynastic marriages seems unrealistic, because it's all about falling in love and not arranged marriages set by the parents. BUT, why can't royals fall in love with each other? It's not impossible to happen, who knows...Prince Guillaume and Stephanie married for love, for example

Stephanie wasn´t royal before her wedding, but a noble from the aristocrady(the same goes for the current Queen of the Belgians. And in Britain Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, later the Queen Mother, was seen even as a commoner before she got married even though her father was the Earl of Strathmore)
Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Can we get back on topic which is King Felipes 50th and not future dynastic marriages.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Informe Semanal - King Felipe, 50 years

Informe Semanal - Rey Felipe, 50 años - RTVE.es
Old 01-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I’ve always thought Felipe and Letizia would have had at least three children had they not had unique pressures at the time of Leonor and especially Sofia’s birth. I think it might be an easier family dynamic when there’s more than one ‘spare’, as opposed to three members of the family who have their lives mapped out and one who needs to know from the start her life will be different. I also think, as much as he clearly loves his girls, that Felipe would have enjoyed having a son.

I don’t think any future Spanish government would object to limiting the working members of the royal family, so to me it would be best if Sofia was prepared for a fairly normal, albeit very privileged life, right from the start. Similar to what her aunts and cousins have now. That way she can fully devote herself to making the life that she wants in terms of studies, future career, where she wants to live, etc. And, at the risk of sounding like my grandmother, it would probably make dating and finding a good man to settle down with easier, too.
Sofia might be needed until her sister marries to be able to do the work, because it will only be the 4 of them (the old Kings are likely to either have passed or being unable to work within the next decade).

I agree on the family planning, its a shame, I remember Felipe said in the engagement interview that he wanted more than three and less than five children but unfortunately Letizia had difficult pregnancies and had to deal with dynastic pressure, favouring a boy.

Sofia will be free to do what she wants but she remains the daughter of the King/sister of the Queen with a lot of public interest, being torn between 2 worlds.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Can we get back on topic which is King Felipes 50th and not future dynastic marriages.
Si,quero mucho!!!

I absolutely totally agree with you.
But fafafa-ing away seems the rigeur...unfortunately..

Feliz cumpleanos Majestad!
Old 01-29-2018, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are a few extra photos from the video!

PPE Agency
Old 01-29-2018, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks, its the full set, casa real gave 77 pictures to the press.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

We might get another family photo tomorrow seeing as its the Kings birthday,probably a small family gathering at Zarzuela like for King Juan Carlos 80th?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

We got 16 pictures when Letizia turned 40, hopefully we get one when Felipe turns 50
Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I love this photo of the King and his mother from January 6th.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez..._Militar-z.jpg
Old 01-29-2018, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Full photo gallery on the Royal House website

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Archivo Multimedia - Fotografías con motivo del 50 Aniversario de Su Majestad el Rey
Old 01-29-2018, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Felipe VI celebrates his 50th birthday on Tuesday by imposing the Golden Fleece on the Princess of Asturias

Felipe VI celebra este martes su 50 cumpleaños imponiendo el Toisón de Oro a la Princesa de Asturias

The event will be held tomorrow at 12 in the Hall of Columns of the Royal Palace of Madrid. The king will decorate the princess with the miniature of the Fleece, and make a speech, Leonor is not expected to speak.

Around 80 guests will attend the event, the Royal Family, high authorities of the State, representatives of the Royal Academies, Spaniards decorated with the Golden Fleece and a group of children between 11 and 14 years old, who have been winners of the contest 'What is a King for you? ' and that they come from all the Spanish Autonomous Communities.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

So Leonor will receive the collar that belonged to the late Count of Barcelona, her great grandfather. That's very nice.

The children of Leonor's age is also a very nice too, and the fact that they come from all around Spain is too. They will make the event more child-friendly, I guess.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Felipe VI celebrates his 50th birthday on Tuesday by imposing the Golden Fleece on the Princess of Asturias

Felipe VI celebra este martes su 50 cumpleaños imponiendo el Toisón de Oro a la Princesa de Asturias

The event will be held tomorrow at 12 in the Hall of Columns of the Royal Palace of Madrid. The king will decorate the princess with the miniature of the Fleece, and make a speech, Leonor is not expected to speak.

Around 80 guests will attend the event, the Royal Family, high authorities of the State, representatives of the Royal Academies, Spaniards decorated with the Golden Fleece and a group of children between 11 and 14 years old, who have been winners of the contest 'What is a King for you? ' and that they come from all the Spanish Autonomous Communities.
Duc et Pair was right then. Princess Leonor won't be wearing the actual collar (which is quite heavy, I suppose), but rather will be decorated with a miniature, which I assume will probably be attached to a ribbon bow as usual for the ladies. Can anyone confirm that information ?
Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what the article says. And it's also the usual procedure, since it was done that way too when Sarkozy received it:

https://img.aws.la-croix.com/2012/01..._0_730_370.jpg
Old 01-30-2018, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

According to the schedule of TVE a live broadcast will start at 11:55 (CET)
La 1 de TVE en directo - RTVE.es