King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, Current Events, Part 3; March 2018 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see that Felipe and Letizia attended the memorial service for the COVID-19 victims with Leonor and Sofia and good to see them touring the country. I was meant to be in Spain this week, so it's a nice substitute to see these photos!

Is that the 9th Count and Countess with the nuns? :previous:

OK so the government sends them across the country as showponies to advertise the country (among other things, motivating the spanish public) but I don't really get the sense in creating crowds where Spain seems to be so strict, lots of people standing really really close behind the barriers, yes they wear masks but something like that isn't even allowed in Germany. And be careful what you wish for, the King asking the tourists to return to the playa de palma, of course all they want to do is party, I guess the authorities are not pleased with the result at all.

OK so the government sends them across the country as showponies to advertise the country (among other things, motivating the spanish public) but I don't really get the sense in creating crowds where Spain seems to be so strict, lots of people standing really really close behind the barriers, yes they wear masks but something like that isn't even allowed in Germany. And be careful what you wish for, the King asking the tourists to return to the playa de palma, of course all they want to do is party, I guess the authorities are not pleased with the result at all.

Actually, I was watching the News on the international channel of TVE (Spanish television) this week and the same thought crossed my mind when I saw the crowds gathering to see the King and the Queen. I guess the Spanish government thinks that sending them on a tour around the country boosts morale and instills confidence in the population, but I agree it is not appropriate from a public health point of view at this stage.

Last edited:
It's bit of an oxymoron to see the family attending a ceremony in honor of victims of the coronavirus. Just days ago large crowds were gathered-creating the perfect opportunity for the virus to spread.

I work in a hospital where 50% of our beds are COVID-19 patients. This virus is very serious and leaders ought to be mindful of the message they're sending out to the public.

It looks like a lovely ceremony, but sadly it sounds as if parts of Aragon and Catalunya are struggling again.

The visit to the Cistercians at Santa Maria de Poblet was such a nice visit,the abbey contains many royal burials over the centuries and has links to the crown of Aragon.

The King and Queen in Santoña, Cantabria today.

The King and Queen from earlier today from the ceremony at the palacio de Viana in Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom