King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, Current Events, Part 3; March 2018 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The visit was a joy to watch and look at the stunning location ,Spanish Tourism chiefs must be very pleased .

"Welcome to Spain". TM the King and Queen talk with a couple of German tourists in Mallorca:

Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) twitteó: "Welcome to Spain". Conversación con una pareja de turistas alemanes en Mallorca. @goib @mincoturgob @ajuntpalma @Consellmallorca @TurismeBalears @MAECgob @embespalemania

https://t.co/ctJ19AUATA
https://t.co/Exg7x04a3Y

The King and Queen are doing a wonderful job on these tours of the kingdom.

Last edited:
Great crowds again out in Seville to see the King and Queen.

And in Córdoba later.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. Can somebody help me understand the mask policy in Spain as I find some situations very confusing: for example, they wear masks even when they are outside just the two of them, nobody else around, but don't wear any masks inside with people around them (albeit far enough apart).
Thank you.

You are just forced to wear a mask when social distance can't be observed. In case of the walking alone for the photographers, there was no need for masks.

On the first two visits they had prepared small open spaces where they could pose on the beaches without the mask, but in the end there was people that came too close, and that has been criticized by some... so I imagine that is the reason why they have always kept their masks in Sevilla. In meetings, with the distances clearly marked, they do not use it.

Thanks for your replies. It's a difficult situation. On one hand, you want them close to people what is not possible without masks and it would be perceived as rude to have them surrounded by security keeping away the people.

But on the other hand, to improve tourism, especially for foreigners, it does not help to have the Kings advertising their country in beautiful spots wearing masks. People might see the picture and think, ok, its not safe to go there. It's an image that is being sold and the masks do not help.
At the moment there is a discussion in Germany because Angela Merkel will not show herself in public wearing a mask. She will only do events where a mask is not require.

I think it's a great idea for the Spanish Kings to tour the country post Corona but I feel sorry for them that they can't be close enough to people and give the positive image of their beautiful country.

So great that they stopped to have lunch at a restaurant by the beach mingling with the locals. That is a very warm welcome applause ?

This tour is being very nice to watch so far. Hope it really helps to turism promotion.

Last edited:
And the king got to have an ice cream too,the queen must be very disciplined and declined.

The King and Queen at the Museo de las Ciencias and again great crowds out.

Last edited:
Wonderful tour throughout Spain to promote our country. It is actually fantastic to see the love and warmth that the Spanish give to our king and queen. It is really charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom