King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Letizia and the unknown of her vaccination

It seems that we still cannot include Queen Letizia on the list of vaccinated royals, which increases as the months go by. And that she has had almost a month to do it, since in the middle of last June the vaccination calendar for those born in 1972, as is her case, opened. We thought then that it would not take long to receive the official information from the Zarzuela Palace, communicating that she had already received at least one dose of the covid vaccine, but for now it has not arrived. So the unknown remains about Queen Letizia's vaccine.

As it had been so long since the vaccination schedule for his age group was opened, the possibility that he had received his vaccine and the media had not been informed was also contemplated. But neither: when the time comes, it will be reported in a timely manner. It is at least what official sources of the Royal House have assured the program 'Ya es mediodía', which has wanted to be interested in the reasons that have led Queen Letizia not to have received her vaccine, as King Felipe did on May 29.

And it seems that it is a purely personal decision of Queen Letizia. Or at least that is what emerges from the answer given by the Zarzuela Palace to the questions of 'It's already noon', a program led, by the way, by Sonsoles Ónega, one of her great friends. From Royal House they allege that there are many people still to be immunized -although in the case of their age group, the remaining is only 5% in the Community of Madrid- and they say that each one is free to choose the moment to do it, already that the vaccination schedule is long.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia.../letizia-leonor-incognita-vacunacion_3180591/

Her friend and journalist, Sonsoles, has said on her tv program that the queen plans to get vaccinated but that when she was summoned she couldn't get vaccinated due to the schedule, so now it's time for her to get a self-appointment, and that is why it will take longer. Also Leonor must be vaccinated before going to Wales.

Photos from the magazine:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2ZXhJIj-s/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2Z_P7ocAr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2zhABsJGM/

According to the magazine Sofía slept over at her grandmother's house in the city centre of Madrid. They went to the supermarket and for a walk in the park and in the afternoon went shopping in a department store where Letizia picked Sofía up in the parking lot.

Also yesterday was Queen Letizia's 49th birthday and a fellow customer at an Indian restaurant in the center of Madrid took a photo of Letizia, Felipe and Infanta Sofía at their table:

Last edited by a moderator:
King Felipe VI sends a message of encouragement to the inhabitants of La Palma due to the eruption of the volcano

Felipe VI has started his speech with a "message of encouragement for the citizens of the island of La Palma" due to the eruption of the volcano, "especially for all those who are inevitably suffering the evacuation of their homes". "I am in permanent contact with the President of the Government, with the President of the Canary Islands and with that of the Cabildo de La Palma," the monarch stated, who has assured that he follows "with the utmost interest and concern all the information" that comes from the island.

The King has expressed his "gratitude to all the personnel of the emergency services and civil protection for their efforts and his help to organize and guarantee the safety of the population and, as far as possible, minimize material damage." In addition, he has valued the "very important work of analysis and prediction of situations like this" carried out "by scientists and researchers, mostly trained in our universities." Said work, he added, helps us "to be more prepared to deal with natural phenomena such as the one we are experiencing on the island of La Palma in the best possible way."

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20210920196284/rey-felipe-curso-universitario-cordoba/

Last edited by a moderator:
King Felipe has tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.casareal.es/ES/AreaPrensa/Paginas/area_prensa_comunicados_interior.aspx?data=116

His Majesty the King has tested positive for COVID-19 which was carried out on him this morning, after presenting mild symptoms since last night.

Following the rules established by the health authorities, His Majesty the King will remain in isolation for 7 days. Therefore, their official activities planned during that period are suspended from this moment.

The general state of health of His Majesty the King is good, and he will maintain His institutional activity from His Residence.

Both Her Majesty the Queen and Her Royal Highness the Infanta Sofía have no symptoms and will be able to continue with their scheduled activities normally, according to the established regulations. Both will be subject to the monitoring protocols provided for in these cases.

Last edited:
Wishing King Felipe VI a speedy recovery!

Should the King become incapacitated due to Covid-19 who takes over?

In the event of a Monarch becoming incapacitated the Cortes Generales would appoint a Regent.

Normally the Princess of Asturias, but since she is under 18, I believe Queen Letizia would serve as Regent. If the Queen is also incapacitated, then Infanta Elena would assume the Regency. If there is no person left in the line of succession who is of age and a Spanish citizen, then the Parliament must appoint a Regency Council.

The relevant articles in the Spanish constitution are reproduced below.

(1) When the King is a minor, the King's father or mother, in their absence the oldest relative closest to succession to the Crown pursuant to the order established by the Constitution, shall immediately exercise the Regency during the King's minority.
(2) If the King becomes incapable of exercising his authority and this incapacity is recognized by the Parliament, the Prince heir to the Crown shall immediately begin to exercise the Regency if he is of age. If he is not, the procedure outlined in the previous paragraph will be adhered to until the Prince heir reaches adulthood.
(3) If there is no person who can exercise the Regency, it shall be appointed by the Parliament and shall be composed of one, three, or five persons.
(4) In order to exercise the Regency, it is necessary to be Spanish and of age.

Last edited:
Normally the Princess of Asturias, but since she is under 18, I believe Queen Letizia would serve as Regent. If the Queen is also incapacitated, then Infanta Elena would assume the Regency.

The relevant articles in the Spanish constitution are reproduced below.

Or Queen Sofia the king's mother.

I don’t wonder if the government has already looked into this issue since the King had Covid before…..but they have not released that info. If the government has not, I bet they will look into it now.

I do wonder if the King, Queen Margarethe and now Prince Charles plus others will be wearing masks a lot more. They are all out and about with the public from all areas of life.
I am glad the at it appears they all have mild cases.

That's no surprise. He only tested positive for the first time about a week ago. Most countries don't seem to require people to test negative to be allowed to leave isolation but would require a certain period of time has passed (typically 5 days to a week nowadays it seems) and the person infected is no longer showing symptoms for at least 24 hours.

Most likely queen Margrethe would also still test positive if she was required to do a test... Of course, there are exceptions, some people (especially if they were infected/showing symptoms for a few days before testing positive) might show a negative result after a week but others test positive for weeks after initial infection.

That's no surprise. He only tested positive for the first time about a week ago. Most countries don't seem to require people to test negative to be allowed to leave isolation but would require a certain period of time has passed (typically 5 days to a week nowadays it seems) and the person infected is no longer showing symptoms for at least 24 hours.

Most likely queen Margrethe would also still test positive if she was required to do a test... Of course, there are exceptions, some people (especially if they were infected/showing symptoms for a few days before testing positive) might show a negative result after a week but others test positive for weeks after initial infection.
I was told that I would continue to have a positive PCR test for up to 90 days after my initial diagnosis.

How can he be tested negative after having covid? You test positive up to 8 weeks after contracting it.

You MAY test positive up to 8 weeks after contracting Covid-19 (that's what I was told by the GGD as well); however, that doesn't mean that you WILL test positive up to 8 weeks after contracting Covid-19. My guess is that most people would test negative after 2 - 3 weeks after first showing symptoms. 11 days is rather soon but if someone isn't too badly affected it seems quite possible. From personal experience: my husband already tested negative 1 week after his first positive test (9 days after first symptoms).

N.B. We had to test negative to be able to fly home, so that's why we had to take another PCR-test - most people wouldn't do another PCR-tests unless required but just have to wait until they are free of symptoms for at least 24 hours (and 5-7 days). I assume the rules are stricter in Spain (or Felipe is taking stricter measures than required).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, I saw him, sitting next to Feli Lopez. He didn't look very happy that Rafa lost, and neither am I, but I suppose new talent must come along and Carlos played very well!

I wonder if he's going to the Champions League final. It'd be rather nice if he, Letizia, William and Kate were all there, and maybe some of the children too.

I don't think football is really Letizia's cup of tea unless its a Spanish World cup final.

Back
Top Bottom