King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the Spanish press, King Felipe VI underwent surgery on his left hand, due to an injury suffered a few weeks ago while playing paddle tennis. This surgery did not stop the King from continuing with his agenda.

https://www.semana.es/casas-reales/...zquierda-lesion-deportiva-20231024-002726095/
https://www.lecturas.com/actualidad...e-rey-felipe-ha-tenido-que-ser-operado_147011

This gossip has already been denied, King Felipe will have to have his hand immobilized for a month and only if the bone does not heal well, will surgery be considered.

https://www.elmundo.es/loc/2023/10/25/6538b4a0e85eceac298b45c3.html

I am surprised how downtoearth is the queen. It seems she is alone without bodyguards? Very nice woman.

I am surprised how downtoearth is the queen. It seems she is alone without bodyguards? Very nice woman.

In Spain, a member of the Royal Family never moves without a bodyguard, but they know how to be discreet.

Last edited:
Yes, it's no surprise Letizia is down to earth given her middle class upbringing and her career as a journalist. One of the reasons she is so popular not only in Spain but worldwide.

Parts of what he says are certainly correct but I don't buy the romantic part at all, especially not after L met F.
I always thought that his marriage to Telma was some kind of arragement too.
Not sure why he comes forward at all. Does he need money? I always thought he comes from a rich and respectable family.

Parts of what he says are certainly correct but I don't buy the romantic part at all, especially not after L met F.
I always thought that his marriage to Telma was some kind of arragement too.
Not sure why he comes forward at all. Does he need money? I always thought he comes from a rich and respectable family.

This story is so absurd, it's just that not even the dates he mentions match up. This man must be crazy.
I believe that Letizia has always been faithful to Felipe.

My mouth literally hit the floor when I saw the front page of the Daily Mail.
I hope that these allegations are not true...but one never knows what takes place behind closed doors.

I am wondering why is he revealing this. What is his motive. From what I understand he comes from a well-to-do family and is not short of money. A fact he brags about when he said he paid for the wedding clothes for Letizia's family. So I doubt it's money. That leaves fame and attention. He speaks boldly that he has proof - photos, messages, and videos. It's hard to believe all of this it's so far fetched. He has to come with more concrete proof than this lousy photo.

There is no question that Jaime was part of the super inner circle at the time, at least until he an Telma split up. There are pictures from the wedding when Jaime walks with Leonor holding her hand.
I always thought that at the time, Telma needed money and protection so he married her for that purpose. They wanted to relocate to the US but the father of Amanda, Telmas daughter, disagreed. The marriage was only short lived but until then, I believe Jaime was one of the closest people of Letizia's circle.
If there was romantic involvement maybe in the early days, way before Felipe.

Jaime del Burgo has allied himself with the old misogynist and Letizia's biggest hater, Jaime Peñafiel (although at 91 years old they don't have much credibility that he wrote the book).

Since Peñafiel is very discredited and no one pays attention to him anymore, Del Burgo has gotten angry and has started writing things on Twitter (playing with people, blocking them, prohibiting comments, deleting messages...). Plus, the publisher probably cut things because they didn't want a lawsuit.

Jaime del Burgo is the son of a former PP politician (from the same party as the owner of the publishing house that publishes Peñafiel). They are a very traditional family from Navarra, linked to the Carlists and ultra-conservative.

Jaime was a friend of Letizia who was a witness at her wedding with Felipe, but until he married Telma in 2012 he was totally unknown. The personality he always showed was very egocentric, he seemed to feel superior to others... books about royalty define him as intelligent, but strange, with few friends and unstable.

His stories are quite incoherent and it is very difficult to organize them. But what does seem to have some coherence is that at the end of 2011 Letizia distanced herself from him, and a few months later he married Telma in a secret wedding. From then on his presence in the media was constant with bombastic letters against the press, interviews about his literary achievements (which no one has ever read)...

At that time public opinion was not aware, but since 2013 he began to launch rumors against Letizia through friendly journalists. He told them a story similar to the one he tells now (I say similar because his story is incoherent), they spread it as rumors when they were interested (to protect Juan Carlos), but they never dared to publish anything, because they considered that Jaime was an unstable person and they didn't know if what he told them had any credibility.

Telma tried to divorce him in 2014, but the divorce was stopped and it was not possible until 2016... even though the couple did not even live in the same country. A year after the divorce he married another woman and disappeared... until now without anyone knowing his motivation for reappearing.

In recent years there have only been two news stories about him... in 2019 he was arrested for confronting police officers and tried in 2022 (his statements in the trial are indescribable), and in 2020 he wrote a letter against confinement encouraging people to go out into the street.

In his X messages he mixes Letizia's story with political messages, attacks the Royal Family, the President of the Government... all a bit chaotic.... although he has already deleted most of them.

Some journalists who once listened to him and spread his stories as rumors, have not opened their mouths and are giving him zero attention. Perhaps they regret having listened to him in the past, and think that continuing to do so could be harmful.

There is no question that Jaime was part of the super inner circle at the time, at least until he an Telma split up.

Was Jaime really someone that important to Letizia or was he himself telling those stories to those around him and to the press to give himself importance?

Jaime lived outside of Spain, she could have friends who supported her and who were close and more discreet. Other friends who witnessed Letizia's wedding continue to form her inner circle, and none of them have ever spoken to the press. One of them is currently a television star and is hyper-respectful.

Reviewing old news on this topic, I found one from 2014 where it talks about the failure of Telma's divorce attempt, and it says that since the wedding in Italy in 2012, Jaime had not seen Letizia again. Just as there are contradictory versions about the move to New York, because there are media outlets that said that Amanda's father had not raised any problems.

Well, at least in 2012 at the wedding they were still close enough to let Jaime walk with Leonor in her bathing suit, taking her hand. Letizia has always been fiercly protective of her daughters, if there had been the slightest doubt about Jaimes loyalty I doubt Leonor and Sofia would have shown anywhere near him.
But after that time period, different story.

Well, at least in 2012 at the wedding they were still close enough to let Jaime walk with Leonor in her bathing suit, taking her hand. Letizia has always been fiercly protective of her daughters, if there had been the slightest doubt about Jaimes loyalty I doubt Leonor and Sofia would have shown anywhere near him.

Jaime del Burgo was married to Telma until the end of 2016. And yes, at that time the whole family had full trust in him. But he disappeared after Telma's divorce, and only now has he returned to the public eye by collaborating on a book by Jaime Penafiel (who is also a less than credible person) and came up with a story with no legs or heads.

Or maybe not... think about the context.

The family had suffered the tragedy of losing Erika. Letizia was super worried about Telma's problems with the press and Letizia begged the press to stop persecuting her.

From one day to the next, and after a relationship of a few weeks, she secretly marries a man her family does not trust very much and without the presence of any of them, and says that she and her daughter are going to live with him in New York.

I imagine that the family did everything possible to prevent Telma from leaving, including going to the post-wedding party in Italy and putting on their best smile.

What I think with the perspective that the years give and gathering information that happened over time is that the version that the journalists handled starting in 2012 (as I said, before Jaime del Burgo was non-existent for the media), was a vision bias that he gave to the press and to his family or acquaintances. I think he probably leaked many more things to the media than the press or the viewer realized at the time.

This guy does not sound like a pleasant individual. Thankfully him, and his associates, are not credible. Shame for the SRF to be dragged through the tabloids cause of him.

Or maybe not... think about the context.

The family had suffered the tragedy of losing Erika. Letizia was super worried about Telma's problems with the press and Letizia begged the press to stop persecuting her.

From one day to the next, and after a relationship of a few weeks, she secretly marries a man her family does not trust very much and without the presence of any of them, and says that she and her daughter are going to live with him in New York.

I imagine that the family did everything possible to prevent Telma from leaving, including going to the post-wedding party in Italy and putting on their best smile.

What I think with the perspective that the years give and gathering information that happened over time is that the version that the journalists handled starting in 2012 (as I said, before Jaime del Burgo was non-existent for the media), was a vision bias that he gave to the press and to his family or acquaintances. I think he probably leaked many more things to the media than the press or the viewer realized at the time.

Of course you can be right with your interpretation.
Something was not right about this wedding, that happened almost in secret and very quickly, without apparent courtship.
But I don't recall anything that would indicate that the Ortiz family did not trust del Burgo at this stage.
It's not uncommon that grown up people do what they think is right and the rest of the family doesnt agree. Telma might have had her own reasons not to want her family around that day.
I still find it hard to believe that del Burgo was already outside the circle of trust but still allowed to be photographed with Leonor in a very private setting.

According to reports Del Burgo and Letizia were good friends for many years so much so that she chose him to be a witness at her wedding. Even after the wedding with Telma the interaction with the family namely Leonor and Sofia...you would only be one of someone very trusted.

It hasn't been said here yet, but Jaime del Burgo is currently married and has 2 daughters. It makes you wonder what his wife must think of all this.
The story makes no sense at all, its contours are so surreal that if it were true it would call into question the character of many people, including his. He is either crazy or has developed an obsession about Letizia.

It is not the first time he has done this, in 2013 he used journalists to spread rumors, but then they did not dare to publish anything because they considered that he was an unstable man who could tell them untrue things. But those rumors served to create the worst campaign that Letizia has suffered, and that tried to prevent the abdication of Juan Carlos. Those journalists have not dedicated a second to him now, as if he did not exist... as if they knew that giving prominence to that person is not good (and we are talking about a journalist who, when interested, has been brutal against the Crown).

The first obvious proof that he was intimidating Letizia is from December 2012, an interview about his supposed literary projects, something that was not understood then, but is now.

A month after signing Telma's divorce, he was already seen with his current wife, a Spanish-Swedish criminal lawyer. The news from then says that the couple went to live in Aravaca, a neighborhood next to Zarzuela and where some of Felipe's schoolmates live (with how big Madrid is, it's already strange). They have two daughters and after Covid they went to live in London. He tells Peñafiel that his life is wonderful with his perfect family... but really someone who acts this way can't be happy. It would be interesting to know if that is true, or if, on the contrary, he is experiencing some family crisis that has contributed to unleashing this.

can I ask why does the press love giving the Queen bad press , they hardly ever nice to her

This is a very bizarre story.... the pashmina, the picture, the allegations, totally absurd... even though I am not partial to Queen Letizia, he seems a very sleazy and manipulative character.

Back
Top Bottom