The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I read some articles calling it an annual break and some mention its the weekend, is it a long weekend break or is there a winter holiday?

Lovely to see the family hit the slopes. They look very confident skiers.
Only weekend, they arrived yesterday and return today to Madrid. King Felipe and Queen Letizia have an official event tomorrow and it's school day for the girls. In Spain there is not officially winter holidays, only some schools organize them.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the usual Daily Mail article also getting the annual thing wrong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rticle-4193418

Old 02-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Majesty

i don't think we have seem felipe and letizia skiing together for a long time. if i remember correctly, letizia learnt to ski shortly after her engagement to felipe. i remember how there were reports that she learnt in a dry piste with an instructor and how the press was eagerly awaiting the first time they went to baqueira as a fianceed couple. letizia joked with the reporters asking them if they would publish the video shots if she fell, because she was new to skiing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Is this the first time the girls have tried skiing? I know that Elena has taken her children skiing for years now.
no, i think leonor and sofia were seen some years ago in ski school in switzerland with letizia (and i believe letizia's mum).
Old 02-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Its normally suggested that the family take a ski weekend to a resort outside of Spain thus avoiding press attention - there was one year they did get some pap shots of the girls learning.

This is a nice treat to see them as a family photographed openly in a Spanish resort. I know it is often reported that Letizia is not a fan of skiing but i am glad to see her taking part once again - i recall the last time she was photographed on the slopes like this was during their engagement

Old 02-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

After the skiing, they ate at a restaurant in Canfranc and also took pictures with the staff
Los reyes y sus hijas, tras esquiar: menú del día, cerveza y agua

And another video from Hola:
http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...s-nieve-hijas/

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Its normally suggested that the family take a ski weekend to a resort outside of Spain thus avoiding press attention - there was one year they did get some pap shots of the girls learning.

This is a nice treat to see them as a family photographed openly in a Spanish resort. I know it is often reported that Letizia is not a fan of skiing but i am glad to see her taking part once again - i recall the last time she was photographed on the slopes like this was during their engagement
The pictures were from 2010, Leonor learning to ski in Switzerland.
Princesses' lives: Skiing holiday for the spanish royal family

There was lots of critizism at the time, Letizia vacationing with her mother and Leonor learning to ski NOT IN SPAIN, even though one can learn to ski there as well. Therefore it's only smart to appear as a family in a spanish resort, promoting the country.

Had they gone to Verbier etc, all hell would break lose.

btw, in most pictures Sofia now looks taller than her elder sister.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Duke of Marmalade and carlotta for answering my question. As a parent I can understand why they would like to have the kids' first ski school experiences to be away from the cameras. While Letizia might not be a fan of the activity I'll give her credit for trying it again and with her daughters.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Majesty

Very nice pictures. Glad they did a photo-shot this year during the winter.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Politico Europe includes King Felipe VI of Spain in the list of "12 people who will make 2017 great again (in a good way)":
12 people who will make 2017 great again (in a good way) – POLITICO

It includes a very flattering profile:
Quote:
Spain isn’t an easy country of which to be king. While it has had monarchs for most of its history, the present monarchy was activated only in 1975, after the death of Francisco Franco, who ruled unchallenged for 39 years. Felipe came to the throne in June 2014, when his father, Juan Carlos I, abdicated in the face of increasingly inconvenient controversies in the royal household. A potent strain of republicanism runs through Spain, and the country has been riven by every conceivable political problem: corruption, parliamentary instability, economic downturns, mass youth unemployment and corrosive Catalan separatism. After the November 2015 elections, Spain was without a government for almost a year, and Felipe was in the spotlight, deciding who should try to form a government. He steered the process with aplomb, and to general acclaim. It helps that he’s seen as a monarch “in touch” with his subjects — he’s college-educated (unlike any previous Spanish monarch) and married to a divorced commoner who once worked as a TV anchor. In a time of European turmoil, Felipe is Spain’s greatest political asset. (Imagine how much more sane Italy would be if it had a king like him!)

Old 02-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Majesty

it is true that ruling spain is not an easy task at the moment. however, much of the problem stems from the comformity that the higher elite thought they had, of which felipe himself is part - resulting in corruption and abuse of power in the detriment of opportunities for the poor, the unemployed, the inexperienced youth. so, as much as i agree with some of politico's points, i do not agree with others, but i hope i am proved wrong.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was nice to see the photos and the videos of Felipe and his family skiing. I read somewhere that Leonor isn't as partial to skiing, is that true or a magazine rumour? It appears that there's a lot of snow in the northern part of Spain, which is nice because I heard that some other mountainous resorts don't have as much snow as they had expected. I hope they had a fun holiday.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Felipe and Queen Letizia went on Saturday to the show of comedian Goyo Jiménez and they dined at the ecological restaurant Mama Campo

Los Reyes de ver a Goyo Jiménez a cenar en el restaurante Mama Campo
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Majesty

Exclusive pictures on ¡HOLA !: Queen Letizia and her stylist Eva Fernández, afternoon of shopping and confidences.
Fotografías exclusivas en ¡HOLA!, la reina Letizia y su estilista Eva Fernández salen de compras por Madrid
Old 03-11-2017, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is there anything known about this stylist? Did she use to work for a fashion house? Magazine? Does her family have a history of working with RF?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Is there anything known about this stylist? Did she use to work for a fashion house? Magazine? Does her family have a history of working with RF?
Officially, she is one more worker of the team of the queen, although she used to work in fashion, that is only part of her job. Eva studied advertising and fashion and worked at Cosmopolitan.

Queen Letizia met her in a showroom of a stylist friend of the queen when she worked on television. They had many common interests (nutrition, sport, music) and the queen decided to hire her to complete her team. Eva's husband is a marine, so probably for her it was easy to fit into Zarzuela where there are many soldiers, including the Secretary of the Queen.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for your reply! So she worked at Cosmopolitan...a good fashion background for being the Queen's stylist.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Exclusive pictures on ¡HOLA !: Queen Letizia and her stylist Eva Fernández, afternoon of shopping and confidences.
Fotografías exclusivas en ¡HOLA!, la reina Letizia y su estilista Eva Fernández salen de compras por Madrid
scans form foro hispanico, anabolena

http://i68.tinypic.com/sp7z1s.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/295s9pg.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/3zk13.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/rcppv9.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/25ywsyb.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2yz0u43.jpg

Spain has such a normal Queen, she even withdraws money from a cash machine, like all the ordinary folk, and won't even be recognized by her subjects when they ask for directions! What a coincidence that a photographer was around to take pictures of so much normality
Old 03-23-2017, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

La escapada a Ginebra de la Reina Letizia y una de sus hijas | loc | EL MUNDO

Letizia and Leonor were spotted on a plane from Geneva to Madrid, skiing or visiting Auntie Cristina?
Felipe and Sofia are said to have travelled on a separate plane.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia and her stylish were spotted coming out from Duyos' atelier last week, by Hola:
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: La reina Letizia en el taller del dise?ador Duyos (hola)

As far as we know, Letizia has not wear anything by that designer so far, but of course there are all those "unidentified" items of late and Duyos does bespoke clothes

Or maybe, as Hola speculates, they are preparing her wardrobe for the upcomings trips?

Anyway, a little of Duyos' stuff (I like it) - his last collection at Madrid's Fashion Week (which received an award):
http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-i...id-duyos/13751

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess leonor, felipe queen letizia, felipe vi, general news, infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, leonor, letizia, princess of asturias, sofia