Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for the pic

He doesn't look quite as excited as Leo at her first. Maybe his team was losing

Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was lovely to see Leonor at the match. She looked very stylish in her outfit, and her reactions to the game were cute. I also love the photo of Leonor with her signed shirt, she seems rather pleased to own it!

I believe that Sofia and Leonor have been to a football club a couple of years ago where they were wearing signed shirts and had a trophy, but I don't think they attended a match that time.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was lovely to see Leonor at the match. She looked very stylish in her outfit, and her reactions to the game were cute. I also love the photo of Leonor with her signed shirt, she seems rather pleased to own it!

I believe that Sofia and Leonor have been to a football club a couple of years ago where they were wearing signed shirts and had a trophy, but I don't think they attended a match that time.

I think you're remembering the Welcome Home celebrations to the Spanish Team after they won the European Championship a few years ago. The girls were wearing their Team jerseys and, in one of my all time favourite Royal pictures, looking down into the Trophy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-30-2016, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Everything has a political load these days. Don Juan Carlos being a supporter of Real Madrid is food for the separatists in Barcelona, how silly it may sound. When teams from Catalonia or Pays Basque play in the Copa del Rey (the King's Cup) with the King or another royal attending, terrible whistling, booing and insulting are their part. Nice that Doña Leonor had a good first football match. She may cherish this because she will undoubtedly become whistled, booed and insulted by masses in a gigantic overcrowded stadiums, when she will hand out the trophies as an adult Princess of Asturias.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Everything has a political load these days. Don Juan Carlos being a supporter of Real Madrid is food for the separatists in Barcelona, how silly it may sound. When teams from Catalonia or Pays Basque play in the Copa del Rey (the King's Cup) with the King or another royal attending, terrible whistling, booing and insulting are their part. Nice that Doña Leonor had a good first football match. She may cherish this because she will undoubtedly become whistled, booed and insulted by masses in a gigantic overcrowded stadiums, when she will hand out the trophies as an adult Princess of Asturias.

They got booed locally at the stadium because the King was given direct access to the stadium, sealing off access for the ordinary fans, many of them missed the start of the match for that reason.
Also in the media was a discussion whether is it good to take a 10 year old to a match that starts at 8:45pm and ends at 10:30pm, so she will be in bed very late.
Leonor will grow up with critizism, complaints and hostility towards her position, she's old enough to see, hear and read.
She's no ordinary girl, who can sit next to Del Bosque during a football match?
Old 04-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I think you're remembering the Welcome Home celebrations to the Spanish Team after they won the European Championship a few years ago. The girls were wearing their Team jerseys and, in one of my all time favourite Royal pictures, looking down into the Trophy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Thank you! That's exactly the event I was talking about, if you were referring to this photo:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...BonzOcK-yl.jpg

Old 05-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Yay, he brought Sofía!
So, it seems it will be a Spanish finale: Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid. Hopefully the whole family attends :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Majesty

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12752
Old 05-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Yay, he brought Sofía!
So, it seems it will be a Spanish finale: Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid. Hopefully the whole family attends :)
Exactly my thoughts, now he has to take both girls to the finale in Milan

EDIT: Felipe and Sof with the team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpGl2tXAAQch_x.jpg

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 05-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Exactly my thoughts, now he has to take both girls to the finale in Milan

EDIT: Felipe and Sof with the team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpGl2tXAAQch_x.jpg
Lets hope that comes true Annie!

Some extra photos

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...-2016%20Madrid
Old 05-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was so nice to see that Felipe brought Sofia with him, now both of the girls have been to the football this year. I wonder if Sofia is a big fan of football too, she seemed to be rather focused on the match!

Old 05-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Lets see if Felipe will watch the final Real against Atletico on his own!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great seeing Sofia out with daddy. Daddy daughter dates are special And when it is to a football game, all the better Be great to see him take both girls to the finals.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Lets see if Felipe will watch the final Real against Atletico on his own!
Do you know when is the final?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The final is Saturday May 28
Old 05-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The 11 euros-menu story has hit the news this week. Actually, the story was as follows: the King went to Extremadura for an award ceremony, by helicopter (as usual). But the weather this week has been horrible (Felipe actually arrived half an hour later due to flight problems because of the wind), so they decided to return to Madrid by car instead. Probably the initial plan was to be back in the capital by lunchtime, but with the change it catched them in route. So they stopped at the road restaurant (the typical, usual road restaurant, full mostly of carriers on a normal day work, with the typical, normal cheap menu of traditional food with two courses, dessert, a drink and bread as all Spanish restaurant offers at work days between 1-4 a.m.) to get their lunch before continuing the travelling.

The restaurant owners published themselves the story at their Facebook page, with the pics they took with Felipe, and it soon became viral. Obviously, there had been the usual comments: those surprised by the anecdote, those who thought it was such a down-to-earth gesture and those who complained it was just PR stuff. And those rational ones who stated that the most normal thing to do when a road trip gets complicated and hunger catch you in the meantime is to stop wherever they can feed you

But, mostly, it has been one of these news that provides a source of endless online entertainment. The fact that King Felipe does such a normal, everyone's thing as eating the 11 euros menu of a road restaurant as we all have done made for lots of jokes imagining what other "cheap things for normal, porr people" he might do in his private life. You know, the kind of "Felipe VI chooses the "standard delivering" rather than "express" so he saves those 6 euros" or "the fridge of Felipe and Letizia is full of McDonalds' ketchup bags".

Anyway, aside from jokes, the restaurant owners were delighted and in their FB page they give us all the detail:

https://www.facebook.com/Restaurante...78324195662649
"Today it has been a pride and a satisfaction to have had eating at mi house somebody as important as the King of Spain. Thank you, Your Majesty"

-Additional info: for those who don't know it, "pride and satisfaction" (Me llena de orgullo y satisfacción - it fills me with pride and satisfaction) was a trademark quote of King JC. I don't even know when did he used it for the first time but he might have repeated it a deal of times because it became very famous. People were so amused of that eeehhh pompous, cheesy and definitely not very natural way of expressing himself so it become the key quote for every JC's imitation and quite a new idiom in Spain.

- For the record, that quote is so important and famous when you come to Spain, that even Ryan Reynolds (or his Twitter team, but very well played anyway) used him to promote the premiere in Spain of his movie Deadpool on Twitter and people here cracked up (x)

Also, they say he behaved like any normal client, that was kind and smiling and took pics with everybody that asked him.

More on the restaurant's page, the pics:
https://www.facebook.com/Restaurante...78880295607039
https://www.facebook.com/Restaurante...78881025606966

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 05-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Letizia visit the film set of the movie "The Queen of Spain" near Madrid. Directed by Fernando Trueba and starring Penelope Cruz, is the second part of the film "The Girl of Your Dreams".

En ¡HOLA!, imágenes exclusivas de la sorpresa de la reina Letizia a los actores de 'La reina de España'
Old 05-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Majesty

Well, it is a bit ironic that a true queen visited the film set of a movie with such a title! LOL

Tags
crown princess leonor, felipe queen letizia, felipe vi, general news, infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, leonor, letizia, princess of asturias, sofia