King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as long you don't think she is abusive like some people suggested (not here), you can have the opinion that she is a overhelming mother hen.
Imo in the last outings the girls were very relaxed and confident, Letizia was less observant. Unlike in Sweden or Denmark, the Spanish press is much more aggressiv, so I do think Letizia wanted to protect and slowly settle them into the public eye.

Well as long you don't think she is abusive like some people suggested (not here), you can have the opinion that she is a overhelming mother hen.
Imo in the last outings the girls were very relaxed and confident, Letizia was less observant. Unlike in Sweden or Denmark, the Spanish press is much more aggressiv, so I do think Letizia wanted to protect and slowly settle them into the public eye.

I hope you didn't think I was suggesting she was abusive. I don't feel that in the least. Just very controlling, perhaps, and probably a bit of perfectionism.

Oh god, no! I only had some awful people in mind, sorry :flowers:
I wouldn't worry too much, the moment they are teenagers, the game changes not in favor of the parents :D

I have always found Letizia kind of obsessive around the girls, constantly looking/touching/watching their every moves. I know many posters find it loving or caring but to me it seems very controlling, I would have freaked out if my mother had been over me like this all the time.
Felipe is definitely more relaxed.
I find the Queen just being reassuring and guiding toward the girls. With the cameras clicking and people trying to get their attention having mom with her hand on your shoulder and guiding you along must feel very safe. Letizia takes care of that so the King can be free from worrying about it. The girls are very well behaved in public but my guess is that behind the scenes they are just regular girls and a handful for the parents.

Madrid (AFP) - Spanish authorities Monday moved to fine FC Barcelona 66,000 euros ($67,000) and Athletic Bilbao 18,000 euros over last season's Cup final where fans of the Catalan and Basque sides whistled Spain's King Felipe VI.

The state Higher Sports Council proposed the sanctions for "behaviour whose aim was to transform the sporting event into a stage for political demands through intolerant acts".

These included "whistling the national anthem and His Majesty the King", patron of the cup, the council said in a statement.
Read more: Barca fined over whistling at Spain's king

:previous: Well, talk about the craziest list of the year :rolleyes: :wacko: :lol: :lol:

Who does vote on these lists? I have some complains ;) :cool:

Oh dear god, Putin will be bitterly disappointed ranking only 32rd despite wearing his sexy shirt.

Crazy list indeed. But i agree with the number 1 and 10 :flowers:

Oh dear god, Putin will be bitterly disappointed ranking only 32rd despite wearing his sexy shirt.
Oh my! I almost choaked on my lunch laughing at that one DOM!

I think that #3 should be #1! King Felipe is HOT, especially with the beard. And Obama should NOT be on this list, HOT he is not. I will say that I had no idea there were so many nice looking heads of state though.

The family is back in Madrid, King Felipe and Queen Letizia were seen yesterday evening at a movie theater in Madrid. (Source twitter)

Oh my! I almost choaked on my lunch laughing at that one DOM!

I think that #3 should be #1! King Felipe is HOT, especially with the beard. And Obama should NOT be on this list, HOT he is not. I will say that I had no idea there were so many nice looking heads of state though.

I agree about President Obama. There certainly are quite a few excellent looking individuals who govern countries. I think the order is a bit off, but we all have our own tastes. Silly lists like this always makes me laugh.

The family is back in Madrid, King Felipe and Queen Letizia were seen yesterday evening at a movie theater in Madrid. (Source twitter)

They went to see Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. Great film! I don't like Tom Cruise but if there's one thing he's really good at it's Ethan Hunt :);)

I think he looks older now, hair is getting grey with thinning hairline. The beard gave him more charisma.

When Felipe is old I guess he looks like the male version of his mother.

I also prefer Felipe with the beard... I hope he grows it back. I didn't think he was one of the best looking royals but the "handsomeness" he had was due to his beard! :D

noo, did he cut his beard? Well, I agree that Flipe looked hotter with that, but the grey streaks were getting not so good to see...

Well I for one am very pleased King Felipe has removed his beard. He is an exceptionally handsome man and it makes no sense to hide good looks behind a beard. I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.

Well I for one am very pleased King Felipe has removed his beard. He is an exceptionally handsome man and it makes no sense to hide good looks behind a beard. I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.

Yep, count me into the 'no beard' group. I think 99% of men look better without facial hair, and King Felipe is no exception.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Without the beard he reminds me a bit of Forrest Gump :p

Th beard added "something".

But he does look a bit skinnier than the summer photoshoot.

This list is bogus, they have mixed together heads of state with heads of government. For instance, Jamaica's head of state is the Governor General, not the PM.

I don't know who put this list together but it must have been a man. No women would ever have chosen some of those guys and certainly not in that order. Besides, President Obama should absolutely be on the list.

I totally agree. There is no way some of those men are even attractive let alone hot!:eek:

President Obama is #13 on the list, but should be higher imo.:ermm:

I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.

:lol:

Felipe looks younger without the beard, but much more attractive with it. But maybe he was sick of it and we have to wait till winter again :D
Obama is a good looking man, but he aged a lot since 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom