King Felipe, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The best joke about Iglesias' gift I've seen today is that he should have included a pendrive with the four new leaked episodes together with the DVD set :cool: :D :lol:

(C'mon Felipe, haven't you actually seen GoT??!! :eek::ROFLMAO:)

Apparently Iglesias thinks that 'Game of Thrones' -American fantasy & entertainment- shows insight in the political crisis in Spain. To think that people actually vote for this party. Sigh. Let's hope for Spain that his party program has a more firm basis than a tv-series of HBO.

Apparently Iglesias thinks that 'Game of Thrones' -American fantasy & entertainment- shows insight in the political crisis in Spain. To think that people actually vote for this party. Sigh. Let's hope for Spain that his party program has a more firm basis than a tv-series of HBO.
Believe it or not, he even published a book on the matter, called: Win or die: political lessons in Game of Thrones :eek: :whistling:http://s01.s3c.es/imag/_v0/500x778/3/3/8/juego-pod.jpg

Everything lately in Spanish politics seems a joke :sad:

I think he was trying to do a (bad) joke with the fate of Kings on the series...but I think he (even with his book and his claims of GoT being his favourite show) absolutely misses the key points (yeah Pablo, like if GoT kings doesn't kill as well and plain people's fate there were any better). You'd better read the books, dear.

He also seemed a little off afterwards, as if nobody had got his hint or he didn't expect that "so normal" reaction of Felipe. Honestly, what did he expect?

EDIT: at least Iglesias catched some international attention with his 'gift'. Sure he's pleased:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/15/game-of-thrones-gift-spanish-king-pablo-iglesias

Last edited:
I thought there was a controvery over corridas and bullfights underway... is it political correct for a king to attend one of them? I understand it si part of the spanish culture, but I thought he was supposed to be more neutral about that...

Last edited:
Why was the king invited to the Aachen ceremony of Martin Schulz? Is there a special connection between Schulz and Spain/ the king?

If I recall correctly, JC was one of the patrons of the prize, and Felipe took over from him. Last year already he confirmed that he would continue with the sponsorship. It doesnt mean Felipe will show up every year, Juan Carlos attended in 1982 for the last time.

Last edited:
Thanks Duke! I just found more info on royalblog.nl. He JC was indeed a patron, something he has in common with the Belgian king and the Lux. grand duke.

It seems that JC was present more often. He received the award in 1982 himself. But in 1996 he attended the ceremony for Beatrix, in 2000 he attended the ceremony for Bill Clinton. In 2005 he (with Henri of Lux) attended a ceremony for the president Ciampi and in 2007 he (and Sofia) also attended when the Karlspreis went to Javier Solana. I am sure I have mised many dates. So it seems that the new king will often travel to Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom